Local guy killed by biker - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Local guy killed by biker

UPDATE: The Sheriff's Department held a press conference at 2:30 p.m. Central Time. They have video of the stunters in action and are vowing to identify and charge everyone present including spectators. (Charges could range from providing false information to the investigators all the way through conspiracy indictments.) The rider of the Gixxer who killed the cameraman looks like he'll be facing a felony charge of motor vehicle homicide.

I'll tell you what gang, images from the video footage they showed (only a snippet of what authorities have, I'm sure) will be seared into the minds of all citizens, local street cops and insurance underwriters who see it. Not a good thing...

--

Last night at about 5:30, a 31-year-old man was killed when he was run down by a speeding motorcycle. Guys, I was literally at the same exact spot the day before when I took the pics of that USAF antenna as posted in another thread. Of course, I was alone and simply trolling around the countryside.

I made a call to a deputy I know and it sounds like the guy was videotaping the bikes as they screamed past. Stupid. Just plain stupid.

News LINK

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 12:46 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Wow, that stinks. Another injury and death, and even more bad rep for us When will it end already?
post #3 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 12:59 PM

Hate to sound so cold here, but, can you say 'natural selection'? I feel very badly that this guy died, but how stupid is that to stand in the middle of a road w/bikes whizzing by on either side of you at God knows what speeds?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 1:11 PM

Reputation Power: 50

I actually saw a video of some people doing that on an abandoned runway. *The guy with the camera got clipped by one of the bike's mirrors @ ~130mph *Both rider and camera-man ended up in the hospital with sever injuries/broken bones. *Wasn't pretty

post #5 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 2:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
ND4SPDSHO : Another injury and death, and even more bad rep for us. When will it end already?
Unfortunately, it probably won't end (much to my chagrin). Did you happen to read Starks' editorial in this month's Motorcyclist?
post #6 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 2:40 PM

Duh . . . has anyone heard of a camera stand?

And why would you do this on a public road?
post #7 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 2:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Motopilot : why would you do this on a public road?
Well, I think we'd most all be liars if we suggested we didn't wick it up on public roads now and again (except for folks who have given up the street for full-time track fun).

That said, I agree 100% with your sentiments; getting together with 30 or 40 other sportbikers to participate in wild stunts and high speed antics is just plain idiotic.

I very much enjoy owning a powerful, thoroughly modern sporting motorcycle, much the same as I'd love to own a Nissan 350Z for instance, but you're right - you have to know when and where to exploit the vehicle's accelerative capabilities.
post #8 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 5:20 PM Thread Starter

Bump - UPDATE above.
post #9 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 5:48 PM

I just love getting thrown into that catagory of riders, because I own a 929. I am almost 30, pretty responsible, and love sport biking. But I absolutley hate it when I placed into a catagory that most joe publics think of as a bunch of kids on 'crotch rockets' terrorizing the roads. Mabey I should just get a Harley, at least then I will be thought of as some mid-life crisis guy with too much money burning a hole in my pocket.
post #10 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Chain : Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ June 02 2003, 12:46pm)Another injury and death, and even more bad rep for us. When will it end already?
Unfortunately, it probably won't end (much to my chagrin). Did you happen to read Starks' editorial in this month's Motorcyclist?
I did see that, and was a bit surprised to see more evidence that stunting seems to be moving more to the mainstream, much like 'extreme' sports in other categories. I don't like that it reflects on the rest of us that are involved in the sport for other reasons not having to do with being daredevils.
post #11 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 6:00 PM

Reputation Power: 23

We have all done our share of stupid things on the road, but it seems like there is some sort of competition to see how stupid things can get. After a while people tend to forget how dangerous some of things we do are.

As much as I like reading it, it's no wonder than conq wanted to get away from the stunting scene on this forum.

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #12 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 6:23 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Is there any way to talk sense in to any of these people? Getting very sick of reading about this stuff

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
post #13 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Chain : Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ June 02 2003, 12:46pm)Another injury and death, and even more bad rep for us. When will it end already?
Yeah.. I just read it. Freaking jackass. Makes me question my decision to renew my subscription last month. Nobody in this 'sport' needs attitudes like that.

He's got the right to say it, I've got the write to dislike it. I don't care if they want to wad themselves and I guess I figure they should be able to wad their bikes too but man.. do it somewhere else (like in a graveyard, save us the expense).
post #14 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 7:48 PM

I've lived in Tucson (not a small town) since late '74. To date I have seen maybe 3 wheelies in town. Also have never seen a newspaper article featuring that type of crap or regarding squids.
post #15 of 39 Old 06-02-2003, 7:51 PM

a darwin candidate?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page