EFF YOU PHOTOBUCKET!!!! - Page 2 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 52 Old 07-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Re: EFF YOU PHOTOBUCKET!!!!

Well, you can attach photos to posts, you just have to use the "Go Advanced" button.
WERA689 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 52 Old 07-09-2017, 2:35 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

i deleted my account. paid 3rd party hosting? na.

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson
post #18 of 52 Old 07-15-2017, 2:13 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
Thanks for ruining 90% of MY photos that I took, that I used on this site. You suck, and I hope you rot in hell.

Of course, reinstate all the photos that I've posted here, leave my account alone and all is forgiven.
Hi Ian , any further along with restoring any of your photos , really missing your input on this site matey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 52 Old 07-15-2017, 3:17 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Garage
Is he on holiday or sulking?
post #20 of 52 Old 07-15-2017, 4:00 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Is he on holiday or sulking?

But just repaired the Vandalism that PB did to my posts took some B****y time and hopefully the pics are in the right place, just used computer and Fireblade.org equipment,
post #21 of 52 Old 07-15-2017, 4:58 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

I actually quite enjoyed replacing all mine, made me realise quite how much work I'd done, just come back from a quick 50 mile round trip for a coffee and bacon sandwich and during the ride I was thinking what an utterly brilliant bike it is, I just need to get the little 600 up to the same standard.

There is no doubt though IMO if you want to get these bikes running perfectly, it's about using a standard silencer, air filter and standard jetting, I'm sure part of the problem with my 600 is an over oiled K&N and an old knackered Micron, I'm going to bin both.
WERA689, IanDoohan and MrPickwick like this.

1993 CBR900 RR P
1994 CBR900 RR R Urban Tiger Project (now sold)
post #22 of 52 Old 07-15-2017, 5:15 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:
I actually quite enjoyed replacing all mine, made me realise quite how much work I'd done, just come back from a quick 50 mile round trip for a coffee and bacon sandwich and during the ride I was thinking what an utterly brilliant bike it is, I just need to get the little 600 up to the same standard.

There is no doubt though IMO if you want to get these bikes running perfectly, it's about using a standard silencer, air filter and standard jetting, I'm sure part of the problem with my 600 is an over oiled K&N and an old knackered Micron, I'm going to bin both.
I know when they do a dyno run they like to use K&N , but don't know how much of that is back handers, myself I never use them I think the normal filters work perfectly well and there's bound to be someone who will say different, but that wont persuade me
post #23 of 52 Old 07-20-2017, 2:28 PM Thread Starter
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagiratwink View Post
Hi Ian , any further along with restoring any of your photos , really missing your input on this site matey
My threads have died, along with all the pictures.

I don't have the time or patience to go through them and redo everything to attachments. I don't have time to even download what I already have on the "host that shall not be named".

I'm utterly crushed that 4 years of documentation was ruined. I had just rencenty updated Red Rocker's thread FROM attachments TO the links. That in itself was almost too much to bear, and took hours of computer time. I just don't have that time in my life right now.

I appreciate you checking in, but I don't see any "new" or updated activity here on my part. Mostly because funds are sparse, and no desire to post attachments, or try another site that will eventually pull the same sh!t as PB.

My track bike has become a "trophy" of sorts, hasn't moved off the stands in 4 weeks, and hasn't seen the track yet again this year, and who knows if it ever will while I own it.

Both may find new homes if my present way of life continues.

What a damn shame.
unslow1 and MrPickwick like this.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #24 of 52 Old 07-20-2017, 2:35 PM
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:

I don't have the time or patience to go through them and redo everything to attachments. I don't have time to even download what I already have on the "host that shall not be named".

I'm utterly crushed that 4 years of documentation was ruined. I had just rencenty updated Red Rocker's thread FROM attachments TO the links. That in itself was almost too much to bear, and took hours of computer time. I just don't have that time in my life right now.

I appreciate you checking in, but I don't see any "new" or updated activity here on my part. Mostly because funds are sparse, and no desire to post attachments, or try another site that will eventually pull the same sh!t as PB.

My track bike has become a "trophy" of sorts, hasn't moved off the stands in 4 weeks, and hasn't seen the track yet again this year, and who knows if it ever will while I own it.

What a damn shame.
Hi matey , I know its a bitch, probably you more than anyone has lost so much, but beside your projects people love to hear from you and your input , Myself I love the banter that you bring to the forum and that is priceless, the way you have helped people out over the time Ive known of you is tremendous ,please consider ,your help is needed.Bill
WERA689, IanDoohan and Gunk like this.
post #25 of 52 Old 07-21-2017, 1:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

Am I missing something here? I don't post, or take for that matter, a lot of pictures, but when I do I just download them onto my hard drive and attach them to my posts. What is the need for Photobucket, or any other entity for that matter? Is it just so others can view them? Sorry, I don't do Facebook or any social media either, never saw the need to open up my life to every swingin' d**k. This and the Jeep forum are as close as I come to it. When I tried too many douche bags that I couldn't care less about from my past surfaced, I decided it wasn't worth it, not to mention the old girl friends wanting to "catch up" couldn't possibly do a marriage any good. The wife and kid do Facebook, so any info about good friends or family I need I get from them. Don't get me wrong, from what I've read what Photobucket has done sucks, and would definitely have pissed me off as well. I'm glad I never used them. Guess I'll continue to live my life in a bubble, free from too much technology. Now where did I put that banjo...
WERA689 and IanDoohan like this.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #26 of 52 Old 07-21-2017, 7:38 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:

What a damn shame.
Ian your help, advice and knowledge has been invaluable over the couple of years I've been on the forum. You also come across as a genuinely warm and decent chap. Please keep contributing, you are the Grandaddy of the forum, it doesn't seem to tick without you and Unslow
IanDoohan and MrPickwick like this.

1993 CBR900 RR P
1994 CBR900 RR R Urban Tiger Project (now sold)
post #27 of 52 Old 07-21-2017, 9:22 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
Am I missing something here? I don't post, or take for that matter, a lot of pictures, but when I do I just download them onto my hard drive and attach them to my posts. What is the need for Photobucket, or any other entity for that matter? Is it just so others can view them? Sorry, I don't do Facebook or any social media either, never saw the need to open up my life to every swingin' d**k. This and the Jeep forum are as close as I come to it. When I tried too many douche bags that I couldn't care less about from my past surfaced, I decided it wasn't worth it, not to mention the old girl friends wanting to "catch up" couldn't possibly do a marriage any good. The wife and kid do Facebook, so any info about good friends or family I need I get from them. Don't get me wrong, from what I've read what Photobucket has done sucks, and would definitely have pissed me off as well. I'm glad I never used them. Guess I'll continue to live my life in a bubble, free from too much technology. Now where did I put that banjo...
Ultimately, this is the best and easiest answer going forward! We can easily host the images directly on the forum....though you won't be able to hotlink them the same way. But if they're here, they're not going anywhere! Just use the Manage Attachments button below every post box you type into.
MrPickwick likes this.
post #28 of 52 Old 07-21-2017, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

For years I felt bad that I didn't trust photobucket to post my pictures. Every one's thread looked so professional and easy to view with the photobucket link. Reading how crushed everyone seems makes me feel so relieved that I stuck to my distrust and continued to attach pictures directly to the forum. I've only attached a hand full of PB photos so the damage to my threads are very little. I hope PB go out of business. What they are doing is almost criminal. They have destroyed hundreds of thousands of documents. What they should have done was issued a moving forward notice and left the already posted pictures alone. After I finish posting this, I'm going to their site to delete my account just to make a point. They need us more then we need them. I hope their sponsors see how determined people are to not go to PB and go invest somewhere else... As Ian stated Eff you PB....
MrPickwick likes this.
post #29 of 52 Old 07-21-2017, 10:54 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

PhotoBucket says that they're not deleting any photos and that you can download them. The funny thing is, many people cannot download them as the PhotoBucket site seems to be broken. I have some photos on it (not many) and when I go to any of the folders I have setup and click download, nothing happens and I've tried two different browsers. Others have had the same issue.

Alternatives to PhotoBucket:
1) OneDrive - If you pay of an Office 365 account, you get 1TB of storage. Since you're a paying member, the chance of a huge ToS change like PhotoBucket did is a lot less likely plus the backlash against Microsoft would be quite bad.

2) Google. If you have your photos backed up to Google at full quality, you can only store 15GB of data which includes email, etc. If you have the quality reduced it is unlimited.

This site lists alternatives. My concern with many is what PhotoBucket has done. Sure they had ads all over the site to pay for the service, the problem is, how many people were using the site? Most people had photos on third-party sites and as such, there is no ad revenue to drive money from. This is why PhotoBucket has targeted third-party sites that you now have to pay. $399 is excessive though and they would have been better off with a phased approach like $20 a year and then maybe start increasing it or limit how much data volume the account can use. Like 10Gb a month and once you go above that your images won't be displayed until next month. I read that the revenues for PhotoBucket has increased threefold since they started charging. How long that will last is unknown as people might have paid it while they work on an alternate long term solution. This can happen to any free service though, once they start to lose money or revenues start dropping, they may look at alternate ways to get it back.
WERA689, IanDoohan, Gunk and 1 others like this.
post #30 of 52 Old 07-21-2017, 8:50 PM Thread Starter
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagiratwink View Post
Hi matey , I know its a bitch, probably you more than anyone has lost so much, but beside your projects people love to hear from you and your input , Myself I love the banter that you bring to the forum and that is priceless, the way you have helped people out over the time Ive known of you is tremendous ,please consider ,your help is needed.Bill
I appreciate that Bill, your 400 project was/is a great read. I suppose when my depression clears up I'll get back on the horse and see if I can go through the threads and at least attach something in there. I know I have about 7 to 8 hundred pictures from my 93 build that are mostly on the PC, but knowing exactly what and where they go in the thread will be very difficult to remember. My first priority will be to get everything properly off PB and on the PC. I'm pretty sure I have none of the 600 or so pictures of the 99 on the PC. I'll continue to lurk around, but until I find a very decent set of used 900RR race plastics, Red Rocker will not be "done" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
I have no issue whatsoever with this site. I have really taken a liking to all the "regulars". I think we work well together, we know when to jab, and when to jab harder lol, I appreciate you all and I'm not "leaving", in fact I was looking to fork over $40 and see what a lifetime membership is like. I've already paid double that in the 4 years I've been here, so what the hell. The picture issue really ground my stones because I felt like that was the best way to share my limited knowledge with everyone without having to "rant on". We'll see what I can do moving forward. Need to find a local friend with a Honda that needs work

Quote:
Ian your help, advice and knowledge has been invaluable over the couple of years I've been on the forum. You also come across as a genuinely warm and decent chap. Please keep contributing, you are the Grandaddy of the forum, it doesn't seem to tick without you and Unslow
Thanks Gunk. You and Bill have been great additions. I try to be as down to earth as possible. I'm humble, and only speak of what I've put my hands on, or a camera lens on lol I appreciate the kind words. As I said above, I love the forum, and don't see myself leaving, just.......less active? Until a new project presents itself of course
MrPickwick likes this.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page