What's happened to the .Org! - Page 4 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

232Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 155 Old 07-27-2017, 11:38 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Re: What's happened to the .Org!

So it appears that that you want less enforcement of the rules. If that is what is wanted that can be tried but I have two questions. The second question will come later, but here is the first question. With less enforcement means that at times people are not going to be happy with what others have to say. Is that something that people are willing to accept? What someone consider banter, funny, etc. someone else may not.

Can all in this thread actually handle that? That includes, Jazzy, FJ, Ox and the rest. Can every say yes or no that they can actual handle that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 1:27 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanbrown View Post
So it appears that that you want less enforcement of the rules. If that is what is wanted that can be tried but I have two questions. The second question will come later, but here is the first question. With less enforcement means that at times people are not going to be happy with what others have to say. Is that something that people are willing to accept? What someone consider banter, funny, etc. someone else may not.

Can all in this thread actually handle that? That includes, Jazzy, FJ, Ox and the rest. Can every say yes or no that they can actual handle that?
I understand your worries, and I know its for the good of Fireblades.org, your self and the other Admin are doing a great job here, I have seen other sites and how offensive they can be, that doesn't really happen here and I'm glad to be a member albeit a new one , but as you know I like the banter myself and besides the bike chat that's why I like being here, in the nearly 2 years I've been here I haven't seen anything offensive or aggressive, so up to a point the site seems to be governing itself, I think everyone needs to be laid back to enjoy this site, I hope I haven't spoken out of turn.Bill
jazzy likes this.
post #48 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 2:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

Obviously within reason, some boundaries need to be observed. I feel like we are all men, well most of us, and if our opinions get a little spirited, then so be it. No one should be threatened for example, name calling or anything for the sole purpose of picking a fight should also not be allowed. The only reason I recently complained to you is that I felt someone was allowed to say what they wanted while I felt I would be disciplined if I did the same. I found that to be frustrating, especially because I felt like you stood by and allowed someone I clearly don't like to egg me on. If you knew me you would know that I actually have a very thick skin. In my line of work you'd better. Those who take our confrontations at work to management, or God forbid H.R., are usually shamed mercilessly.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli

Last edited by fj1200rj; 07-28-2017 at 7:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 4:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

Quote:

Would you point out to me what I have said or done in an incorrect or inappropriate manner please?

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog

Last edited by jazzy; 07-28-2017 at 11:38 AM.
post #50 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 7:21 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
Would you point out to md what I have said or done in in incorrect or inappropriate manner please?
Perhaps you're just a bit too happy
jazzy and jondog9 like this.
post #51 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 7:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 98

Ian, I am a grown man with two teenage sons, a wife, a career and all of the rest that goes with it, good or bad, through adversity I have been able to this point 'handle it'. It has not always been easy but what in life worth pursuing is truly easy.

I have no issue being monitored but as mentioned earlier some feel they are walking on eggshells these days, I am sure it is one of the several factors affecting participation in the .org.

I am not sure why there is two stage question being asked, but I have no problem being monitored like an adult, members feel free to pm me if there is an issue that can't be resolved, or if I offended anyone, I am a reasonable person but I have been told that I carry my heart on my sleeve and say it the way it is sometimes to a fault, but I always carry a sense of humility regardless of how much authority I have in the workplace, home or all of my other endeavors......any with authority should
jazzy, jondog9 and fj1200rj like this.
post #52 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 12:16 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

Fist off, I apologize. I don't normally share in this kind of discussion, but seeing it play out as it has I feel compelled to toss my hat in the ring.

As far as I know, I'm the only active Ian in the group. Others may try to imitate, but in the end, it's LanBrown, with a L, lowercase. There, I said it, and I'm not ashamed. Maybe we can all get along now.

Remember, it's the CBR that has drawn us all to this site. Every one of us has that in common. Some of us are older, wiser, and grizzled. Some of us are younger, naive, and not as experienced (in many things). As already laid out we don't always make the best choice/decision when the emotions get the best of us, and sometimes it's hard to show what emotion we're trying to display with the printed words. Even with all the smileys, things we type can get misrepresented.

The aforementioned group of "former members" deserved what they got. They clogged up the threads with "limited useful knowledge", zero contribution in regards to their personal ties to the .org (i.e. a CBR, etc), and their attitudes towards people sucked. Now, save for ZB, who I thought was very articulate and very cheeky, and he had a solid old school military mentality. No one was going to tell him what to say, do, or how he should act. He slammed the mods with vulgarity and disrespect, and although he was a pretty genuine dude, he succumbed to his emotions and was given the boot. His fault. I had some pretty decent PM convos with him, and learned that just about every other forum he was on ended with a similar result. Is he a bad guy? No way. He loved his bikes, kept them in tip top shape, rode the **** out of them, and liked to share his experiences on them. He lost his cool, and the hammer fell.

The others were just plain trolls. Stirring everyone's pot until the contents were boiling on the fire. No useful information, derogatory banter, and just plain annoying as ****. I have quite a bit of experience with old, outdated, carbed CBR's. I like to share my experiences with those that need it. I'm not always right, get things wrong, and am no "expert". But I know that this "community" of older, wiser folk doesn't need egos, and can probably get through any type of "situation" the .org presents to us.

There are enough guys here that currently post that are educated enough to know when the playing ends, and when it's time for "adult talk". I'm not going to bat for the mods or the admin here, but if you get a PM that's directed solely to you, not in the public eye, you should probably feel good that you're not getting dimed out for all to see. If they ask you to refrain from something, or limit use of whatever, or stop being a cyber bully, then do it.

Casey, RRDemon, LC, Ox, Jon, Fj, Bill, Gunk, AndrewS, and now the "old timer" Jazzy(welcome back), among others that I haven't mentioned, have been, and are the heart of this place for the last 5 years that I've been here. We have limited "banter", but genuinely love it here to spit out our experiences with life, AND our beloved iron/well aluminum horses. I would sincerely hate to see any of you go for "broken rules".

I can't say what will happen 5 years from now (look at Jazzy, the man has ovcervcome some really shitty personal stuff, is gone for years, and then shares it with us because we get it, we get him), but I bet that someone from the "core" of this .org as it is now will still be logging in and checking on one of us who hasn't posted in a long time. I believe that.

In my line of work we generally use a progression of enforcement to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, up to a point. But sometimes it rises quickly and we are at the limit of our discretion. We can all abide by the "code", and I think we can still all live here in harmony, banter intact.

I love you all, and will continue to contribute what I can, when I can. This as a huge step for me, as I said initially, I'm usually not one to contribute in this type of discussion, but I hate to see negativity here, and we need to move on from it, on both sides of screen.

So, with all this being said with me just rambling on, you all can "insert you're own ending here"
macca9540, jazzy, RRDemon and 4 others like this.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #53 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
Fist off, I apologize. I don't normally share in this kind of discussion, but seeing it play out as it has I feel compelled to toss my hat in the ring.

As far as I know, I'm the only active Ian in the group. Others may try to imitate, but in the end, it's LanBrown, with a L, lowercase. There, I said it, and I'm not ashamed. Maybe we can all get along now.

Remember, it's the CBR that has drawn us all to this site. Every one of us has that in common. Some of us are older, wiser, and grizzled. Some of us are younger, naive, and not as experienced (in many things). As already laid out we don't always make the best choice/decision when the emotions get the best of us, and sometimes it's hard to show what emotion we're trying to display with the printed words. Even with all the smileys, things we type can get misrepresented.

The aforementioned group of "former members" deserved what they got. They clogged up the threads with "limited useful knowledge", zero contribution in regards to their personal ties to the .org (i.e. a CBR, etc), and their attitudes towards people sucked. Now, save for ZB, who I thought was very articulate and very cheeky, and he had a solid old school military mentality. No one was going to tell him what to say, do, or how he should act. He slammed the mods with vulgarity and disrespect, and although he was a pretty genuine dude, he succumbed to his emotions and was given the boot. His fault. I had some pretty decent PM convos with him, and learned that just about every other forum he was on ended with a similar result. Is he a bad guy? No way. He loved his bikes, kept them in tip top shape, rode the **** out of them, and liked to share his experiences on them. He lost his cool, and the hammer fell.

The others were just plain trolls. Stirring everyone's pot until the contents were boiling on the fire. No useful information, derogatory banter, and just plain annoying as ****. I have quite a bit of experience with old, outdated, carbed CBR's. I like to share my experiences with those that need it. I'm not always right, get things wrong, and am no "expert". But I know that this "community" of older, wiser folk doesn't need egos, and can probably get through any type of "situation" the .org presents to us.

There are enough guys here that currently post that are educated enough to know when the playing ends, and when it's time for "adult talk". I'm not going to bat for the mods or the admin here, but if you get a PM that's directed solely to you, not in the public eye, you should probably feel good that you're not getting dimed out for all to see. If they ask you to refrain from something, or limit use of whatever, or stop being a cyber bully, then do it.

Casey, RRDemon, LC, Ox, Jon, Fj, Bill, Gunk, AndrewS, and now the "old timer" Jazzy(welcome back), among others that I haven't mentioned, have been, and are the heart of this place for the last 5 years that I've been here. We have limited "banter", but genuinely love it here to spit out our experiences with life, AND our beloved iron/well aluminum horses. I would sincerely hate to see any of you go for "broken rules".

I can't say what will happen 5 years from now (look at Jazzy, the man has ovcervcome some really shitty personal stuff, is gone for years, and then shares it with us because we get it, we get him), but I bet that someone from the "core" of this .org as it is now will still be logging in and checking on one of us who hasn't posted in a long time. I believe that.

In my line of work we generally use a progression of enforcement to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, up to a point. But sometimes it rises quickly and we are at the limit of our discretion. We can all abide by the "code", and I think we can still all live here in harmony, banter intact.

I love you all, and will continue to contribute what I can, when I can. This as a huge step for me, as I said initially, I'm usually not one to contribute in this type of discussion, but I hate to see negativity here, and we need to move on from it, on both sides of screen.

So, with all this being said with me just rambling on, you all can "insert you're own ending here"
I made a post like this many many many years ago.......THIS and people like YOU are what makes any forum whether it is bikes or bride maids dresses there is no difference....it's about people sharing their experiences because they understand each other.

This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on all of the forums and social media I have used over the last 10 years. Respect my brother, respect
unslow1 and IanDoohan like this.

Jazzy's Blog
post #54 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Ooh and by the way, thanks for the heads up on your name LanDoohan
IanDoohan and MrPickwick like this.

Jazzy's Blog
post #55 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 1:27 PM

Garage

Quote:
Ooh and by the way, thanks for the heads up on your name LanDoohan
Uh oh

jazzy and MrPickwick like this.

post #56 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 1:30 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Garage

Quote:

Most of us are older, I'm coming up for 53 and have a pretty thick skin so yes I can handle a forum with less "enforcement"
IanDoohan and MrPickwick like this.
post #57 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 1:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
Uh oh

What .... WHAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Most of us are older, I'm coming up for 53 and have a pretty thick skin so yes I can handle a forum with less "enforcement"
Question is how many GREEN members has the site got now ?
IanDoohan likes this.

Jazzy's Blog
post #58 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 2:04 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 59

okay... 1st of all "LanDoohan"

2nd... who is this @Casey guy

3rd... +1 REPasaurus Rex for the lonnnnnng but meaningful post
jazzy and IanDoohan like this.

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #59 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 2:12 PM

Garage

Quote:
What .... WHAT

Question is how many GREEN members has the site got now ?
All good my friend

And the answer is probably 7, but def under 10, not to include mods or admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unslow1 View Post
okay... 1st of all "LanDoohan"

2nd... who is this @Casey guy

3rd... +1 REPasaurus Rex for the lonnnnnng but meaningful post
Luv ya pal

post #60 of 155 Old 07-28-2017, 2:21 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 59

*blushing*
IanDoohan likes this.

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page