What's happened to the .Org! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

232Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 155 Old 07-25-2017, 4:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

What's happened to the .Org!

Hi, maybe I've just caught the .Org! on a quiet day/evening but where is everyone ? ?
Normally there at least 20 people posting something about bikes or nonsense.

I've been away for sometime now but now I'm getting a bike again it will be nice to be home.

When I was posting around 1800 posts per month I was on two other sites as well Surprises me as well

Maybe I should try and get a few of the Old Crew back on here...it really was a family back a few years.

So let me know how things have been. Getting my bike this sunday so I guess I will find out in due course.

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 155 Old 07-25-2017, 5:19 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Garage
Re: What's happened to the .Org!

It has really quieted down over the last few months which is real shame, especially for us members that don't do Faceboast.

We do all need to make sure we rev it up a bit, it's a great forum, it would a real pity for it to collapse through lack of support.

1993 CBR900 RR P
1994 CBR900 RR R Urban Tiger Project (now sold)
post #3 of 155 Old 07-25-2017, 6:58 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Jazzy,

Many have moved on to Facebook. I'm sure there is a lot less help or quality of the help going that way. Plus I would expect the same questions to be asked many times and if people don't search on a forum, I could only imagine how dreadful Facebook must be. How many exhaust question could one answer before they just ignore it?

There are some that do not like .Org because the rules are enforced; rules many don't even bother to read when joining. You have many new people that join, some post, some do not. Some just join, ask for help about their problem and then vanish only to return when they have another problem.

So while the post count is down, you have to ask yourself, do you want quality or quantity of posts? The rules could be ignored and then you have more people here, but don't expect it to be a like a family with quality posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 155 Old 07-25-2017, 7:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 98

Jazzy!!!!....nice to see you back around old chum!!!....I would tell what happened to the .org but I don't feel like being counselled, suspended or banned................................ ......................:ro tfl:,.......whew
post #5 of 155 Old 07-25-2017, 7:49 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxman1196 View Post
Jazzy!!!!....nice to see you back around old chum!!!....I would tell what happened to the .org but I don't feel like being counselled, suspended or banned................................ ......................:ro tfl:,.......whew
Then follow the rules, you know the rules that you agreed to when you joined! If you didn't like the rules, then why did you join?
post #6 of 155 Old 07-25-2017, 7:59 PM

I refuse to argue with you as I joined knowing the rules, I do believe a little banter is good for the soul but again I digress....I joined this forum because I was trolling for years and wanted to join in after watching all of the fun.....I honestly don't remember you at all during those times
post #7 of 155 Old 07-25-2017, 8:11 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
I refuse to argue with you as I joined knowing the rules, I do believe a little banter is good for the soul but again I digress....I joined this forum because I was trolling for years and wanted to join in after watching all of the fun.....I honestly don't remember you at all during those times
Then why don't you follow the rules? On multiple occasions you haven't and then you get mad when you get told to follow the rules. You are not an exception to the rules; the same rules apply to everyone.

Quote:
Banter; the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.
LoopyLee had to edit some of your posts as they were far from banter. Others had to clean some of your posts up as well.

Examples:
Quote:
V65 is like C_T wait----I think he is C_T with a little more [email protected]$hole thrown in!!!!!!
Quote:
Demon....I believe you are referring to my comment about Blunt being on pain meds and his overall antagonistic approach to most threads he replies to....this is not meant to be directed at you or anyone who needs medication to get by in everyday life.....

This has nothing at all to do with cultural relativism, whether you are from Canada or Norway, treating people with respect should be the norm wherever you are from.....Blunt doesn't subscribe to this, he is rude and antagonistic, call it bickering or whatever you like but it is annoying when new people come on this forum and spew negative comments about well respected members that deserve to be treated with dignity........read through this thread and others Blunt has been involved in....he takes any opportunity to attempt to goad people into an argument especially continually referring to his prowess in working on his own bikes......bottom line.....Blunt is a goof....
Quote:
Hey Noel welcome.......go f&$k yourself
We haven't even touched the exchange with 1926 and Catch22.

So please don't play innocent.
post #8 of 155 Old 07-25-2017, 8:54 PM

Okay...like I said, spirited conversation is part of the human condition...the posts you are referring to are a little hostile but if you look at the whole picture they were in response to a member bullying and being rude, I won't apologize for that...org rules or not, I am not or have I ever made myself out to be a choir boy, but you should practice what you preach, you are a bully who has a surplus of time to research posts from many years ago to angrily prove your point....as usual, it appears you find joy in executing power on a motorcycle forum......it is that......a forum......controversy is good, I agree that name calling is uncalled for but for the most part people will self correct....you Must be aware that you have extremely thin skin, especially how instantly you knew I was referring to you during my first post to Jazzy, and trust me I am not the only one who is aware of your lack of flexibility.
On that note, I am far from perfect, I have acted inappropriately on this forum many times, if you care to threaten to post more of my previous arguments from the past feel free....even though those members were despicable and I don't regret it...I am not sure what the statute of limitations is on past rude posts is to be barred Ian.
You too are not perfect but you have the sword and I do not.....but your autocratic approach to creativity needs to be loosened fella.....
post #9 of 155 Old 07-25-2017, 8:58 PM

......and I will leave on my own if you like to save you from any further aggravation, it is what it is.......
post #10 of 155 Old 07-26-2017, 1:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanbrown View Post
Jazzy,

Many have moved on to Facebook. I'm sure there is a lot less help or quality of the help going that way. Plus I would expect the same questions to be asked many times and if people don't search on a forum, I could only imagine how dreadful Facebook must be. How many exhaust question could one answer before they just ignore it?

There are some that do not like .Org because the rules are enforced; rules many don't even bother to read when joining. You have many new people that join, some post, some do not. Some just join, ask for help about their problem and then vanish only to return when they have another problem.

So while the post count is down, you have to ask yourself, do you want quality or quantity of posts? The rules could be ignored and then you have more people here, but don't expect it to be a like a family with quality posts.
I can see why.....Everything you have just said I knew years ago, so you have just wasted a post being authoritative...FAMILY of course it's about family the whole biking community is about family throughout the whole world! And people whom you trust and like aka family tend to give the best quality posts more so than some stranger.
We always had a slight disregard for THE RULES as you put it because we are fun loving bunch of people, take character and personality away from people because they can't be a bit cheeky and have to adhere stringently to the rules then the site is boring. I have never met a 'biker' who didn't have a good sense of humour. Please don't preach to me again, I put a lot of time into this site years ago which I'm sure made a difference to peoples and my so called FAMILIES lives and it wasn't all spent in the post whores thread either.
And even before you answer if you think I have misunderstood what you have have said, I have not but that post is about the boot and the ant, I am 48 years of age and do not need to have things explained to me that I already know and have experienced.

Quote:
Quote:
......and I will leave on my own if you like to save you from any further aggravation, it is what it is.......
You're not going anywhere...there won't be anyone left to play with if you go
MrPickwick likes this.

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
post #11 of 155 Old 07-26-2017, 6:40 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Garage

Most of the forums have discussions which get a bit heated, personal, and foul mouthed, that's what fellas are like when they disagree. The problem is when rules are vigorously enforced the membership dies out and then there is no forum.

Pistonheads in the UK is a huge car and bike community which thrives on a liberal style of moderation, if threads get out of hand it's just closed down and it's very rare for members to be banned.

1993 CBR900 RR P
1994 CBR900 RR R Urban Tiger Project (now sold)
post #12 of 155 Old 07-26-2017, 7:34 PM
Global Moderator

Gunk,

The reverse is also true, no enforcement causes people to leave.

Normally all of this discussion is in private, but since Ox always makes things public, so be it. One also needs to look at the history. Quite a few people where it turned heated, the other party has been banned but yet one participant is still here. Rather than letting the people in charge handle it, when others take matters into the own hands and are doing the same exact things that caused the others to be banned, one also needs to start looking at the other party. You don't have the full history; it goes back to 2011. Multiple people have had to clean various messes up. Other members have complained about Ox and his posts. Some people have asked for their posts or threads to be removed and then Ox complains about censorship even though the OP requested it. Rather than using a PM to ask, he just decides to post publicly. So there are many reasons why threads get closed, deleted, etc.

Is it appropriate for someone that is making their first post on the forum and introducing themselves that the very first response that they get is:
Quote:
Hey Noel welcome.......go f&$k yourself
Is that welcoming? Is that appropriate for someone that is posting on the forum for the very first time?

There was a time where in a single day it was not uncommon to have multiple posts being reported and as soon as you get rid of the offending ones, more are being added in. These days it is far quieter as the troublemakers are not here.

Multiple times a week and sometimes a day people are getting banned before they ever even post. They are just spammers opening an account and they get banned before they are even able to post. Who wants a bunch of SPAM on he forums for iPhones, weight loss, real estate or SEO services?

Should V65, Blunt, 1926, Catch22, etc. be allowed back?
post #13 of 155 Old 07-26-2017, 8:18 PM

Ian,

Please read my post.....and yours as well....you dress me down for being rude to the same members that have been banned....Blunt, 1926 et al, this is self policing, a common practice in a modern society, like I said, I feel I did the right thing and stand by it.
You are trying to make me out as some sort of non compliant maniac that makes no positive contributions to the site, like I said....I have made some inappropriate comments but if you look at the majority, they are positive and in good faith.....as for the two times you mentioned the 'Noel go f--- yourself' post if I remember correctly it was a joke Ian....a joke.....I had a high school girlfriend once who always brought up past transgressions in our relationship...this is eerily similar.
Please don't refer to me as having some sort of 'history' as if there is an x-file on me with the CIA...it sounds ridiculous. Is there something wrong with asking questions in plain view to the members in order to be fair and frank? Going behind people backs to report them is childish in my opinion and wreaks of a Nazi state....people should pm the party involved if things can't be discussed in the open.....not the moderator. On that note if I have offended anyone i didn't intend on offending I anytime I sincerely apologize.
Ian there are times I have read your posts and have been impressed by your contribution. As soon as you are refuted for any reason your back goes up and you become hostile in your own right........in my earlier post and in this post I admitted to a small amount of wrongdoing in the past.......can you do the same Ian?...this time I am afraid you are completely wrong in my opinion......I was going to bow out gracefully but I guess business was unfinished....
post #14 of 155 Old 07-26-2017, 8:21 PM

One more thing..I do think Zingblade should be brought back but maybe not the others you mentioned.......
post #15 of 155 Old 07-26-2017, 8:46 PM
Global Moderator

Those members were banned for their behavior, the same behavior you engaged in. They were banned, you were not...ponder that.

There are more than just those two times, don't kid yourself. As for Noel, as previously mentioned, others found your post as offending, in poor taste, harassment, etc. You thought it was funny, others did not. So, should your posts be ignored and others have to deal with it, or do we address the issue with the poster directly? Did you ever consider how Noel would take it? If you don't know someone, is that the appropriate thing to say to them?

So past history should never be looked at? In that case, V65, 1926, Catch22, Blunt and a host of others would never have been banned. If you can't look at the past, you can only look at the here and now. What if the judicial system did the same? Someone going to prison for the tenth time would be treated lightly as a first time offender. It took me less than 30 seconds to get that information on you, there is more.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page