Hero's & Villians, Saint's & Sinners - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 08-05-2017, 2:23 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Garage
Hero's & Villians, Saint's & Sinners

Thought I'd start a new topic and see if its got any mileage, tell us your Hero's and Villians , Saints and Sinners, they can be from any category, historical ,family ,music ,sport , whatever but not for a rant chaps.To start off my hero's , my mother for bringing up us 9 kids, my wife for being a rock , and sinners Diego Maradonna for his handball goal in the world cup
oxman1196 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-05-2017, 7:00 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Garage
Re: Hero's & Villians, Saint's & Sinners

I can start with a hero, my brother Charles.
I am the youngest of five, three boys two girls. The closest to my age is my sister who is ten years older than me. Charles was sixteen years older than me... He is the first person to give me a ride on a motorcycle. Charles also bought me my first mini bike (two actually) from a police auction. I truly owe my interest in motorcycling to him.
This is a long story and doesn't end well, Charles "Chuck" my brother died in 2013 from complications due to Leukemia that he had battling for years.

( Chuck is the only one that didn't take off his helmet)
Attached Thumbnails
Cherohala1.jpg‎  

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.
post #3 of 17 Old 08-05-2017, 7:34 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Garage

Yeh its tough, I lost 2 sisters in the past 3 years, lost my mother 17 years ago, still pains
IanDoohan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 08-05-2017, 7:44 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 58

I wish I had a "hero"... but I did have a few really solid role models while growing up. My grandfather was (stories told by many) an iconic baseball player back in the 1930s. Scouted by several professional organizations (as the stories go), but then came down with Polio about the time he was to commit. As 1 of 9 in a farming family, from a "the old country" (Germany), it would have been a BIG deal to be a professional ball player and Pitcher at that, but the disease started on his legs, and he was never the same. He then decided to start (dairy) farming and made quite a go at it. Raised 3 kids on his own, and later raised me as well... all while keeping the books, tending to the animals, maintaining equipment, ensuring I get to school, cooking, cleaning, and keeping himself clean shaven. He's been "gone" just over 10 years now.

I've had several sports Coaches and superiors while serving in the Marine Corps that have displayed the courage and care that I recognized my Grandfather showed me... none as genuine sprinkled with stern firmness. So short of Jesus Christ, who I've accepted as my personal Savior, Grandpa is my #1 guy

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170805_074039.jpg‎  

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 17 Old 08-05-2017, 7:48 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by unslow1 View Post
I wish I had a "hero"... but I did have a few really solid role models while growing up. My grandfather was (stories told by many) an iconic baseball player back in the 1930s. Scouted by several professional organizations (as the stories go), but then came down with Polio about the time he was to commit. As 1 of 9 in a farming family, from a "the old country" (Germany), it would have been a BIG deal to be a professional ball player and Pitcher at that, but the disease started on his legs, and he was never the same. He then decided to start (dairy) farming and made quite a go at it. Raised 3 kids on his own, and later raised me as well... all while keeping the books, tending to the animals, maintaining equipment, ensuring I get to school, cooking, cleaning, and keeping himself clean shaven. He's been "gone" just over 10 years now.

I've had several sports Coaches and superiors while serving in the Marine Corps that have displayed the courage and care that I recognized my Grandfather showed me... none as genuine sprinkled with stern firmness. So short of Jesus Christ, who I've accepted as my personal Savior, Grandpa is my #1 guy

Truly an unsung hero
unslow1 likes this.
post #6 of 17 Old 08-05-2017, 8:27 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 98

Wow Spaggy your on fire.....great thread buddy!!!!!!!....I think like many I could write a book on this topic in relation to heroes and villains.......as I drink a coffee my mind is swirling with people deceased and otherwise who have impacted me in so many ways...but the one comes back around every time and without being a sap I have to say my wife. She has been there to help deal with all of my heroes and villains.......always does the right thing, keeps everyone on their toes and is the voice of reason.

She never tried to change me from the get go, I am an avid sportsman, have many interests and have immersed myself in work quite often over the years....our two boys are never without and have turned into good caring young adults with a great sense of humour with a boundless amount of affection for their mother....she loves to be with us and enjoys the raucous energy her 'boys' bring to the table, she is uber competitive and a good athlete in her own right.......pssst don't tell her I said this...I want her to think she is the lucky one
unslow1, IanDoohan and MrPickwick like this.
post #7 of 17 Old 08-05-2017, 8:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagiratwink View Post
Truly an unsung hero

MrPickwick likes this.
post #8 of 17 Old 08-05-2017, 8:38 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxman1196 View Post
Wow Spaggy your on fire.....great thread buddy!!!!!!!....I think like many I could write a book on this topic in relation to heroes and villains.......as I drink a coffee my mind is swirling with people deceased and otherwise who have impacted me in so many ways...but the one comes back around every time and without being a sap I have to say my wife. She has been there to help deal with all of my heroes and villains.......always does the right thing, keeps everyone on their toes and is the voice of reason.

She never tried to change me from the get go, I am an avid sportsman, have many interests and have immersed myself in work quite often over the years....our two boys are never without and have turned into good caring young adults with a great sense of humour with a boundless amount of affection for their mother....she loves to be with us and enjoys the raucous energy her 'boys' bring to the table, she is uber competitive and a good athlete in her own right.......pssst don't tell her I said this...I want her to think she is the lucky one
Yes, like a lot of people who are always searching for a hero, they miss the person right in front of them, someone who never asks anything for themselves, but is always there for everyone else
post #9 of 17 Old 08-09-2017, 1:30 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Garage

Only just found out that I lost one of my Hero's, Glen Campbell, listened to him right from the Beach Boys till now. RIP Glen
post #10 of 17 Old 08-09-2017, 9:14 PM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagiratwink View Post
Only just found out that I lost one of my Hero's, Glen Campbell, listened to him right from the Beach Boys till now. RIP Glen
"I ain't dead yet you bushwacker" Glen Campbell in
Ok... Iam old, I owned the 45 of "Rhinestone Cowboy". Laugh if you want but this man was a huge star back in the '70s... Jezz that's Sinatra introducing him in this clip

Glen Campbell was more than just a "Country" music star... He was a
MrPickwick likes this.

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.

Last edited by cbr99xx; 08-09-2017 at 9:23 PM. Reason: Had to put this in...
post #11 of 17 Old 08-10-2017, 2:49 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Garage

Loved this one, early days, good on yer Glen
post #12 of 17 Old 08-11-2017, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage
Excellent thread idea Spaggy and great posts so far from all. I too feel I could write a book. I'll have to check back though, have to go put a new carb on my Jeep. Been riding the bike to work this week, not that that's a bad thing, but I do want the Jeep back in action.
MrPickwick likes this.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #13 of 17 Old 08-11-2017, 2:06 PM

Garage
My cousin Danny, who is several years older than me, and lost the use of his right arm in a motocross racing accident in the 70's, just prior to turning pro. He and another rider we're battling hard for first place and got tangled up in the air off off a jump. He was the best rider in my family and was simply waiting for his birthday to become old enough to turn pro. He never felt sorry for himself, and he never let it hold him back. It didn't stop him from buying a Barracuda, with a 4-speed no less, and drag racing it by steering with his knees and reaching across and shifting with his left hand. With one arm the man could outwork most people, including myself. I respect him more than any other relative I have, simply because of the setbacks he had to endure, and his spirit and approach to life. He had a stroke several years back and became no longer able to work. He and his wife have since moved to Pennsylvania, and I haven't seen him since. He's not doing well, and unable to communicate on the phone. I have much respect for him, I know that if I found myself in the same shoes I couldn't have handled it nearly as admirably.

Also, my Uncle Ronnie, who was the star of his high school baseball team and went on to play minor league baseball. He gave it up to enlist for the war in Vietnam. He served with the 1st Cavalry division. I always felt he was rough on me growing up, whether it was my attitude on the baseball field, or the times he felt I wasn't being respectful to my mom. I didn't understand the reasons why until later when I was old enough to understand everything he witnessed and went through. He unfortunately woke up one day with severe leg pain, went to the VA Hospital only to find out that his entire body was riddled with cancer and was told he only had a couple months left. He passed away a few months later. He taught me a lot about respect.
unslow1, oxman1196 and MrPickwick like this.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli

Last edited by fj1200rj; 08-11-2017 at 2:37 PM.
post #14 of 17 Old 08-11-2017, 2:18 PM

Garage
Villains? The New York Yankees in the late 70's' through the 80's. I'm from L.A., I bleed blue!

post #15 of 17 Old 08-11-2017, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
My cousin Danny, who is several years older than me, and lost the use of his right arm in a motocross racing accident in the 70's, just prior to turning pro. He and another rider we're battling hard for first place and got tangled up in the air off off a jump. He was the best rider in my family and was simply waiting for his birthday to become old enough to turn pro. He never felt sorry for himself, and he never let it hold him back. It didn't stop him from buying a Barracuda, with a 4-speed no less, and drag racing it by steering with his knees and reaching across and shifting with his left hand. With one arm the man could outwork most people, including myself. I respect him more than any other relative I have, simply because of the setbacks he had to endure, and his spirit and approach to life. He had a stroke several years back and became no longer able to work. He and his wife have since moved to Pennsylvania, and I haven't seen him since. He's not doing well, and unable to communicate on the phone. I have much respect for him, I know that if I found myself in the same shoes I couldn't have handled it nearly as admirably.
Thanks for sharing that FJ.......

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page