A guy at my office starting trouble... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

Send a message via AIM to gr0undz3r0 Send a message via MSN to gr0undz3r0
A guy at my office starting trouble...

Ok here is the deal. This KID at my office is always hounding me about my bike. He says street bikes are so slow and what not - trust me i ignore him. But now he is really starting trouble. He wants to race me in his truck. An no he wont race me in a race like my bike was built for - he wants to go 1/4 mile. I shook it off as long as i can. So i told him fine - at the track of course and if they wont let us run side by side we can just compare times. He claims that his truck will run like 9s in the quater - but i dont know how - its a s10 w/ 350 and some work. I wasnt even tubbed the last time i saw it and it had 353 gears. So thats a joke. But i figure lets assume he can hook up and he sprays - anyone here think he can touch a lowered and strapped 954 (ive dragged bikes bfore and can launch pretty well). I dont think he can. Plus if there is a chance I'll get a can and a PC to make sure he cant -----
Comments?

God Bless...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:18 PM

Reputation Power: 45

Re: A guy at my office starting trouble...

Highly doubtful he'll run 9's in the quarter.

...in bed.
-------------------------------------

...you are trying to insult me, and I agree it is very easy to do, if you haven't sufficient respect for yourself. - Tolstoy
post #3 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:20 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Why not just beat his ass? Right there in front of all your co-workers. Bet that would get him out of your hair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:21 PM

Reputation Power: 24

and honestly :give****:
post #5 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:21 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Noyz
Why not just beat his ass? Right there in front of all your co-workers. Bet that would get him out of your hair.

and your girlfriend too.
post #6 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:23 PM

Reputation Power: 50

I raise the flag He's got nothin'.
post #7 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:25 PM

Reputation Power: 18

If you are lowered/strapped and know how to launch, he'll HAVE to run 9's to beat you. For an s10 to run that fast, you'll know it by looking at the truck. No 9-second truck looks even remotely close to stock and probably won't be street legal. He would need well over 600hp (probably over 700hp) to run that fast.

2002 CBR954RR

10.55 @ 133.8mph (bone-stock)
10.3 @ 137mph (-1 sprocket, front strapped)
post #8 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:28 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

I say you give him a lesson in power to weight ratios. Smoke his azz, and then you can say, "Next time I'll put a bigger motor in it then it came with and we'll really have some fun!"

In a related stroy of sorts...a few weeks ago at the spot where we all meet up on weekends before we ride, a group of cars pull in. Three Supras, a 300ZX, and a fully tubbed out pro-street Chevelle. I knew all but one of the guys and went to talk to them. The Chevelle will run 9's all day long and he's got a BIG motor in it(502 crate mtor that is far from stock). Two of the three Supra's are over 1000hp and the other is in the neighborhood of 800 something. Well this kid on a 929 starts running his mouth to one of the Supra boys and says he wants to take it to the track. Well I have now seen a Supra SMOKE a 929 in the 1/4 mile. I don't mean by a little, more like the Supra ran a 9.23 and the 929 ran an 11.00. WE haven't seen the kid on the 929 in a few weeks either....wonder what he's doing .

Dano

Dan
post #9 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:30 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRGuy
If you are lowered/strapped and know how to launch, he'll HAVE to run 9's to beat you. For an s10 to run that fast, you'll know it by looking at the truck. No 9-second truck looks even remotely close to stock and probably won't be street legal. He would need well over 600hp (probably over 700hp) to run that fast.

Agreed, there is NO WAY that truck is running 9's.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
post #10 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:33 PM Thread Starter

yea - well here is the the icing. He bet me 1G in front of no less than 12 people. So he is eaither A - not gonna show and find another job B) pay me and still find another job. People at the office are trying to explain things to him in a rational manner. But he is hard headed. And yea - his truck is street - so street. Ive been around strips along time and no way he can run a 9, lucky to break 11s. He wasnt even tubed. full interior. Long story - just venting - the date is July 4th\. I have a secret in my basement if things get hairy - 84KZ1100 bored 1400, runnin 7s long at the wheelie bar holds. This kid has no idea what he is gettin into. But ill handle him as needed.... and post the video on here - no worries. Im gonna post it all over the net - although odds are someone is gonna explain this to him and he is gonna cancel.

God Bless...
post #11 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Noyz
My lord will not be pleased. Im born again . A while back that would have already been taken care of. Praise God. Dont ge tme preachin

God Bless...
post #12 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:38 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr0undz3r0
yea - well here is the the icing. He bet me 1G in front of no less than 12 people.

That should be a nice holiday bonus for you
post #13 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:38 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Tell him to go practice against the scooter girl's first or agree to race him only after he beats a Harley on the track.

The way I see it is you've got two options...
1. Tell Jr. to phuck off.
2. Humiliate him on the track.

Personally, 1 is the better option unless you enjoy running the quarter. Really, the race is you against yourself. The S-10 is just the Rodeo Clown at the 1/4.

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".
post #14 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:39 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr0undz3r0
yea - well here is the the icing. He bet me 1G in front of no less than 12 people. So he is eaither A - not gonna show and find another job B) pay me and still find another job. People at the office are trying to explain things to him in a rational manner. But he is hard headed. And yea - his truck is street - so street. Ive been around strips along time and no way he can run a 9, lucky to break 11s. He wasnt even tubed. full interior. Long story - just venting - the date is July 4th\. I have a secret in my basement if things get hairy - 84KZ1100 bored 1400, runnin 7s long at the wheelie bar holds. This kid has no idea what he is gettin into. But ill handle him as needed.... and post the video on here - no worries. Im gonna post it all over the net - although odds are someone is gonna explain this to him and he is gonna cancel.
When you race him, ease off the line in 1st, clutch it up in 2nd and just wheelie past while looking over (shoot him the bird if you can wheelie 1 handed). Get that on video and it will be priceless.

2002 CBR954RR

10.55 @ 133.8mph (bone-stock)
10.3 @ 137mph (-1 sprocket, front strapped)
post #15 of 42 Old 04-21-2004, 4:46 PM

Reputation Power: 0

race him for pink slips and after you smoke him take the truck down to your local wrecking yard and get a video camrea of it getting smashed and give it to him at work.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page