OK, About 2 months ago I picked up a Paxton supercharger for my truck. It was a kit that was supposed to fit Rangers and Explorers. Essentially it did but with major mods. I installed it in steps, trial fitting components and seeing what I would need to do/buy. I had to move the battery to the other side, cut and lengthen the mass air and temp sensor wires. Cut the old battery tray out, Relocate (pain in the ass) anti-lock brake booster, clutch remote resivour, main fuse/relay box, starter solenoid, dipstick etc. If I were an average 'backyard mechanic' this would have been back in the box to UPS the day it arrived. I already had a intake kit on the truck (aluminum tube and K&N bolted to the mass air) so I just used some of what I had to complete in inlet side of the blower as what came with the kit was inadequate. I estimate 70 hp increase In a trip from NJ to BeaveRun recently, it pulled up the hills in 5th gear (man trans) when in previous trips I had to downshift to 4th. I had a bike on the trailer and one in the bed, 2 people, cab loaded w/gear. Mileage was about the same!
Here it is.........
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoachRENJ