Back from the Hoot - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-21-2003, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Back from the Hoot

Didnt get the chance to meet Chain but did meet some fellow Honda riders from Penn and NY. I figured that cell phone use would be tough but to find out that it was near impossible really sucked.
The first day of rides was the Cumberland Gap ride for us. It rained all day but we had a good time on the road mapped out for us. The next day was the 'Sportbike Ride' and I have one thing to say. I want a refund! They sent us right through Pigeon Forge and Dollywood in bumper to bumper traffic in the afternoon. That combined with the lousy maps they gave us got us a very poor ride. We ended up in North Carolina talking to a guy who didnt know where he was much less where we needed to be. A Goldwing rider gave us directions to the Dragon which salvaged the day completely. That is the most awesome road ever. We were there for about 20 mins when a man and woman on a cruiser went down. We stayed around and helped as best we could and headed for the hotel.
Friday was our last day and worst. Went back to the Dragon and my buddy dropped his ZX12. Just had some light scratches on the right side. No injuries at all. Wouldnt be so bad but it had a really nice custom paint job on it. He took pics and is gonna burn a cd so I'll post some pics when I get them. He just wanted to go home so I ran the road a couple of times and we headed out to get a tattoo before goin home.
The Hoot wasnt what I thought it would be. I figured that with a company as big as Honda behind it the event would have better, more detailed maps. Since my friends and me have never been in TN before it didnt take much for us to get turned around sometimes. Granted, there were plenty of nice folks to help us out but better maps would make it more fun.
We rode 876 miles home today without stopping for anything but gas. My ass is tired. Racked up 2900 miles in 6 days. Gonna need a new Sportec now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-22-2003, 9:02 AM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot

I didnt get to make it out there this year like I had hoped. *I wanted to get out there and play tour guide for some of you guys from out of state, but the stars didnt align and I wasnt able to make it. *That said, I really encourage you, Chain, and whoever else wants to come, to try and make it out a few days in the fall. *Preferably during the week. *I bet we can get a small group together to ride for a bit. *Do Deal's Gap, the Cherehola skyway, and some other nice roads in the area. *The roads are better when there are fewer people on them and when you know where you are going.
* *It sucks to hear about your friend going down. *As a fellow Hwy 129 Body Surfer, I know how it can suck. *Did he get the 'Body Surfers' Tshirt? *If not he needs to order one... * *
Sorry to hear you didnt have a great time, but maybe we can lure you back again and make it up....
Chris

ps: what cell phone provider do you use? Most of them seem to work well here.

post #3 of 7 Old 06-22-2003, 6:09 PM

Reputation Power: 23

sounds like a bit of a bummer, but I still bet it was better than working

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-22-2003, 6:42 PM Thread Starter

Yeah he bought a t-shirt.
I use Cingular but most of the spots we were in nothing but a satellite phone would've gotten out.
The trip itself was great. Beautiful scenery, nice folks. Just hard to concentrate on having fun riding when you have to pay such close attention to the roads to prevent getting lost. I want to go back during the week and have some fun. The little bit we were there was the best part of the trip.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-22-2003, 7:23 PM

Reputation Power: 18

#### your back so I guess we can expect a 5 page essay from Chain on his adventure. I'll bet he's typing it up in MS Word right now. Copy & Paste.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-22-2003, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Cliff : #### your back so I guess we can expect a 5 page essay from Chain on his adventure. *
That's not 'Chain', that's 'Hemingway' to you, pal
post #7 of 7 Old 06-22-2003, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Cliff : I guess we can expect a 5 page essay from Chain on his adventure. *I'll bet he's typing it up in MS Word right now. *Copy & Paste. *
lmao!

You're a troublemaker.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page