JEEP=Junk Each and Every Part - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 05-15-2004, 3:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

JEEP=Junk Each and Every Part

So....I got the body work and paint done....over three $K, new wheels and tires...another $2000...got the gears and lockers bought and installed, oops there goes another two G's...new suspension lift and shocks should be here mid to end of next week....$1500....not to mention Mastercraft seats, instruments, and various and sundry "extras"....NOT including the two years and hundreds of hours of labor...I have over twenty five large into this fine rig.

And tonight she starts making noise.....at first like a lifter tapping.....then it gets a bit louder....I just changed the oil...so I add some Marvel Mystery Oil....figuring it's a stuck lifter....no help there. I run her some more it's getting louder....but at least it's consistant with RPM's...break out the stethescope(as if I need it at this point)....a noise that from fourty feet away can still be heard over the rumbling of the 40 Series Flowmasters is eminating from the lower end around the #8 cylinder! Will it never end?

Anyone wanna buy a "custom" Jeep that just needs just a "little" to finish?

edit:After re-reading my post, I wanted to add that I'm not bragging about the money spent on this rig like it is spare change...I busted my ass the last two plus years to get it where it's at.....almost done and clapped out motor.........

Junk Each and Every Part

Last edited by fumbducker; 05-15-2004 at 3:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-15-2004, 3:28 AM

Reputation Power: 22

Re: JEEP=Junk Each and Every Part

if and when that hulk gets done, what are you going to do with it?
post #3 of 17 Old 05-15-2004, 3:33 AM Thread Starter

Sit in my driveway and rev it to 11,000 rpms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 05-15-2004, 3:52 AM

Reputation Power: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbducker
you may want to get that engine fixed first.
post #5 of 17 Old 05-15-2004, 5:36 AM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via AIM to stopsign Send a message via Yahoo to stopsign

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegen
you may want to get that engine fixed first.
LMFAO !!!!!!

I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!'
post #6 of 17 Old 05-15-2004, 10:23 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

I had a jeep wrangler '87, and I did the whole "lift +hardware = 10K. every time i looked at the thing it broke something. rear ends, springs, water pumps, drivers sear (broke in half) windsheild 4X in a winter, lights, rear tail lights never need to ground right, plates would fall off, PVC gets sucked into the motor, new motor, new fuel guages, and sending unit, new front fendars, total paint job (did it myself, came out factory) about 1K in chrome parts...hindges, grill inserts, bla bla, Warn wintch....and crap alway broke. I tossed a new motor in it before I sold it. what a pile.

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #7 of 17 Old 05-15-2004, 3:02 PM

I had a '78 Jeep C-10 pickup. Paid $800 for it and beat the hell out of it a couple of times a month for 3 years. Sold it in March for $400. It got around 5-6 miles/gallon, 2 qts of oil for every tank. I needed to add a can of Sea Foam to each tank or the plugs would foul. No exaust behind the glass packs. Heater died. It always started, turned heads.
post #8 of 17 Old 05-15-2004, 4:00 PM

oh, come on now, what do you expect from a sport where bashing a fender is expected and rolling upside down is not uncommon. Whether you're rock crawling or mud running your gonna break stuff. Hell, I broke 5 front axle shafts in one trip. I'm getting good at fixing stuff. I can drop the t-18 out of my jeep in under 30 minutes. I've done it with one hand (other hand was all bandaged up after cutting a finger off). I just got back from a nice trip down the power lines in my 2000 cherokee. Didn't break anything!

I know your pain, my wrangler has been a work in progress for the past 5 years and has probably close to 30 grand put into it, I don't want to add it up or I'll cry. The only thing stock on the whole jeep is the frame. Got a new fuel injected 4.0HO, t-18, dana 300 with 4:1 low range, dana 44 front, dana 60 rear, soa w/4.5" springs, arb's front and rear, 5.89 gears. 38.5" boggers, warn winch, full roll cage, onboard air compressor, onboard welder, and the list goes on. I use it maybe 3 times a year but can't seem to get rid of it, I've spent so much time doing it all myself I couldn't get nearly as much for it as I think it's worth!!

Just keep fixing and wheeling, it's worth it!!

Mark
post #9 of 17 Old 05-15-2004, 10:38 PM

Quote:
That's one way to get rid of the noise...
post #10 of 17 Old 05-16-2004, 2:15 AM Thread Starter

My biggest problem is that I have an addiction...far worse than the bike. I bought the bike new added some goodies and ride...all is well. With the Jeep, I need to rebuild the engine...simple you say...buy a short block for $800 or so...easy enough but if I'm gonna do that may as well have the heads done...if I'm going to have the heads done...a port job and clean doesnt add "that" much. If the heads are getting cleaned up...gotta add a cam...gonna do a cam, should also add roller rockers...them comes the high output oil pump because AMC V8s have low idle oil pressure concerns....gonna do all that then a chrome muffler bearing is a must do........my $800 shortblock is now going to cost me probably three times as much....and I can't say no.... Prolly should start looking for a twelve step program....

J
post #11 of 17 Old 05-16-2004, 11:15 PM

and when you get everything all done you realize the beast is too big to ever drive anywhere on the road so you have to buy another jeep to drive. Then you realize it'd be fun to take the cherokee offroad a few times so you have to start all over again, believe me I know exactly what you mean!
post #12 of 17 Old 05-17-2004, 12:26 AM

Jeep 12 step program for you fumb! Seriously, sorry to hear what you are experiencing - sounds rather expensive.
post #13 of 17 Old 05-17-2004, 2:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Mini-Man....

J
post #14 of 17 Old 05-17-2004, 8:22 AM

Reputation Power: 20

And to think, I actually miss my JEEP. '84 CJ7 I6 4speed. The kid offered me twice what it was worth, I couldn't say no. But I sure do miss it at times.

Insignificant Member
post #15 of 17 Old 05-17-2004, 10:32 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
a noise that from fourty feet away can still be heard over the rumbling of the 40 Series Flowmasters is eminating from the lower end around the #8 cylinder!
Junk Each and Every Part

My buddy dropped a rod one time and it was very similar in sound. Hopefully not that serious, I still remember the previous post with the engine running in your shop. That this is going to be hellafun once complete!!!

Can you say 6 in a ROW!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page