unfortunate incident last night... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-25-2003, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Re: unfortunate incident last night...

Hi Guys, excuse my little rant... [rant on]
Last night, about 20 of us met at the local posing joint, Elements for those in the know, and decided to go for a quick jaunt out to the west end of the city. We all left in a group, with several members taking off to go home (various excuses, wife, kids, etc.) The group thins out and those of us at the front are like, 'Where'd everyone go?' A couple of us shrug our shoulders and continue on at the speed limit waiting for everyone to catch up. The guy in front of me signals to the right and lets two of us pass... No waving, no commotion, just signals and looks behind him to see where everyone is.

At this point, a cop pulls up and tails us for about 10km or so while checking our plates. Eventually, we get to our meeting spot to start our twisties run, count heads, the Leader and Sweep are in radio contact and we go from there. A couple of us ask about the other riders that have disappeared and they are all accounted for with excuses... guess who wasn't there? That guy that signalled and let me pass. I was told he saw the cop and pissed off because he had too many tickets already. Fine. We do our twisty run and have a great night posing at a couple spots and I even met a couple cool cops. haha, they tried to get their squad car to wheelie for us. jokers.

Anyway, I get home eventually and the guy in front of me has posted to the local forum that he had pulled over with a flat tire and NOBODY in our group even stopped to help! Yikes... did we ever get flamed. Like what the hell... he didn't wave anybody down, he didn't put his helmet by the back tire, he didn't even motion to me as we made eye contact on the pass. Arg. so frustrating. Of course it's all the people that were NOT present that have called us idiots and told us we were 'brutal' for leaving a rider on the side of the road.

My only admission of guilt is that I noticed his back tire was bald to the wear bars before we left on the run and I wasn't able to talk to him about it before we left... Telling him probably wouldn't have helped but I should have told him then instead of leaving it for the next stop.
[rant off]

I hope none of you would ever leave a rider on the side of the road intentionally. I sure wouldn't.

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-25-2003, 12:24 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Wear bars on the tire?
post #3 of 6 Old 06-25-2003, 12:43 PM

Reputation Power: 0

LOL Damn... so I missed all that excitement?

How far West did you come?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-25-2003, 12:44 PM

Reputation Power: 50

He was asking for it if his tire was that bald
post #5 of 6 Old 06-25-2003, 12:49 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

'dude I see threads!!!!'

'No way....Smoke it some more!!!'

Hey, #### happens...not your fault.

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #6 of 6 Old 06-25-2003, 1:15 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 20

Responding in order..

BadKarma, we went out to Mississauga road and then back to the Dairy Cream on Cawthra. errr... it was a very, very slow run. In fact, I just read a post that the guy on the gixxer1000 was complaining because he had to run down the dvp at 140kph(87.5mph) to catch the group... we were doing 90kph but were a little ways ahead. *sigh*

nd4spdsho, yeah, he probably had it coming since his tire was to the wear bar (only in the center) but I'm not going to point that out as it was probably just a dumb mistake. It's not like the guy was a squid... he seemed on the level.

ShowMeTheBombs... yeah, #### happens. That was the gist of my response, to paraphrase, 'Sorry 'bout your luck, I feel bad for yeah, nobody is at fault here.' And BTW, nice avatar, I want to be that bench...

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page