Rider down - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-27-2003, 4:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via Yahoo to firedawgon929
Re: Rider down

Got this in one of my group emails.
------------
How come Patrick gets all the attention? Pity me!! I want attention. My bike was way cooler, faster, yellower, newer, and tricked-out than Patrick's yami-crap. My accident was also way more dramatic and high speed than his. Yes, that is right...the 600RR is no longer. On a good note, I am still here to talk about it!

It was a calm and warm night...It was Sunday morning at 1am on 880 South in Oakland at Hegenberger...I was riding my RR behind my boyfriend. We were heading to his house in anticipation of a long ride together the next day. I was riding around 85 mph, a reasonable and normal freeway speed for a motorcycle. As sometimes happens, I caught up to a car in my lane and decided to make a right hand pass. It wasn't an exciting, sneaky, or high-speed pass, just the same as any old pass. At just the wrong moment, the car jerked suddenly into my lane sideswiping me and putting my bike into a spin. I was thrown from the bike immediately. The RR and I went sliding/rolling across the pavement (separately) for nearly 100 yards before coming to a stop. When I came to a stop I quickly crawled off the freeway to avoid being hit by any cars. By this time the boyfriend had pulled over and run back to check on me, a fact worth mentioning because it should tell you how long I slid for. Together we pulled the bike off the freeway and got our friend to pick it up in his truck. To add to the drama, the car that destroyed the RR and I didn't stop. He just took off in proper hit-and-run fashion, not knowing whether I was dead or alive. To make matters worse, the pocket tore off my pants during the fall sending my wallet and keys careening down the freeway.

Attached are some before and after pictures, it is more fun that way!

To end the story with a few points of good news:
* [name deleted] may buy the bike as a salvage title and bring it back to life. If this happens I will keep you all updated with pictures.
* Cal Trans found my wallet and returned it to me! Nothing was missing or used. Good thing Cal Trans workers are well paid!
* I am going to buy a new 2003 CBR 600RR within the month. I am going to go with black this time, obviously the yellow one was too hard for cars to see.
* The beautiful and burly sounding Jardine exhaust system wasn't harmed in the crash, and it is going on the new RR. Black Plastics + Carbon Fiber Pipe = Cool.

Hope to be up and riding with all of you soon!
Kristin
------------

BTW just so you don't have to ask, Conq, yes .... she's HAWT.

No matter how beautiful a woman may be, some man somewhere is sick of her sh!t.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-27-2003, 4:58 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via Yahoo to firedawgon929

No matter how beautiful a woman may be, some man somewhere is sick of her sh!t.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-27-2003, 6:38 PM

Reputation Power: 29

Glad the chicky walked away from that one! And the total waste of oxygen that hit her will probably never be found .

Here in Oz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-27-2003, 6:45 PM

Reputation Power: 29

So if she's hawt where's the pics?? *

And to use your own on ya....

04 600RR
post #5 of 5 Old 06-27-2003, 7:14 PM

Reputation Power: 22

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Diablo

Quote It wasn't an exciting, sneaky, or high-speed pass, just the same as any old pass. At just the wrong moment, the car jerked suddenly into my lane sideswiping me

Which is exactly why I prefer to make every pass a high speed pass. (dont know how well this can be done on a 600)

I try to ride with authority and stay away from the sides of cars.. specialy the blindspots.

I had some dumbass in a porsche one time swerve into my lane as I passed him on the freeway. He was avoiding a road aligator in the middle of his lane. I was surprised that my scooter was able to swerve so well at 75mph. Lucky for him I was on my scooter, if I had been on my 929 I wouldve well....least he couldnt have left me in the dust. I would have had more options.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page