booth23 w/ Chain tendencies - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 6:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

booth23 w/ Chain tendencies

Well I bought my Tundra in early January with every intention of finally having a truck, I was looking forward to getting a trailer, going out of town on weekends for rides hours away, hauling the bikes to the track, etc. Well 6 months later I was tired of it. The truck was nice, but it's just not me. I felt guilty driving around a guzzler with nothing in the bed the majority of the time. I took it offroad once, in the snow to a friend's cabin, I hauled a new dresser to my girlfriend's place, and I toted a bed full of bike parts once, and that is it for 6 months. I really missed having a stick shift, and good gas mileage. Even though I only put 3700 miles on the pickemup in about 6 months, filling it up would just piss me off. $50 last time I filled up, averaging 14MPG due to the area, my commute pre me taking the bus, and rarely getting on the highway. I knew when I bought it that I wouldn't drive it that much, but I just got sick of it. I just can't drive one of them as a daily driver type of vehicle. I did my best though, I started taking the bus to work, which will continue since my co. pays for it, for now, started walking to the store, riding a bike for some trips etc. I knew buying it that I raped them on it, so I could get rid of it anytime without being under. I had made about $1500-2000 when I traded my last car in, so I didn't put a deposit (well I don't remember writing a check anyways) down, got a great interest rate, and got it for less than I really should have, so I knew I could get out of it if I wanted. I started researching cages, etc, new TL, wait for the new RL, get another RSX Type S, Accord 2 door coupe with V6 and 6spd tranny, take a chance on a RX8 (not a big rotary fan), or maybe a Sti WRX? Then I thought about my 1992 Civic Si that I previously owned, awesome mileage, handling, inexpensive to own/maint., decent acceleration rowing the gears, etc. I went last night just to look and drive and drove the phooker home, just couldn't turn it down. 2.9%APR, they paid my truck off, and I got the cage for $100 over invoice, payments a couple hundred less than my truck, and a buck fifty cheaper than my Type S. I took it around a couple of corners test driving and that was it. Small, relatively light, feels like a damn bike. I think what I missed most was having a Honda cage to drive, I guess I really do bleed Honda red As cheap as this thing is, it'll put me in my future NSX that much faster (I was tempted to look at them again, but refuse to drive one as a daily). I still plan on buying an enclosed trailer when I can find a modded one used, and I can just rent a truck, cost effective, and get back to enjoying driving a cage when I have to. I still can't speed around here but at least I get to enjoy rowing the gears, I've learned one thing, I'll never buy another automatic transmission the rest of my life, I just like shifting gears too much. 30MPG

Last edited by deez; 12-30-2005 at 7:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 6:23 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Re: boot23 w/ Chain tendencies

I like how they put the stick on the dash rally style.

01 CBR 929
08 Ducati 1098

Florida Trackdays

GiveGab

post #3 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 6:27 PM
ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by booth23
The truck was nice, but it's just not me. I felt guilty driving around a guzzler with nothing in the bed the majority of the time...
Especially considering the fact that a year ago you gave SUV owners an earful about driving gas-guzzlers.

Glad you enjoy it. We're getting ready to trade in my wife's Celica and we're looking to get another 5-speed to keep at least one manual transmission. I really enjoy driving one as well but when I bought my Accord V6 in '99, they didn't offer it in a manual transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 6:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER
Especially considering the fact that a year ago you gave SUV owners an earful about driving gas-guzzlers.

Glad you enjoy it. We're getting ready to trade in my wife's Celica and we're looking to get another 5-speed to keep at least one manual transmission. I really enjoy driving one as well but when I bought my Accord V6 in '99, they didn't offer it in a manual transmission.
Trust me Baketech got in a stab Hey that is why I sold it, I'm not going to suck up gas driving it as a commuter and grocery getter when I'm not using for what it's for most of the time, felt too guilty about it. And while I owned it, I was very conscious of the fact, and tried not use it all the time, I put very little mileage on it actually.

Yeah, until now they didn't, now Honda has the Accord Coupe w/V6 and 6Spd It's bad.
post #5 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 6:41 PM
ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by booth23
Yeah, until now they didn't, now Honda has the Accord Coupe w/V6 and 6Spd It's bad.
It sure is, but now I'm married and I have a wife who won't stop talking about having children, so we have to get a four-door (hence the consideration of the Mazda 6). I hearby authorize you -- along with everyone else on the site -- to fly to STL and kick my a$$ if I ever end up driving a minivan. A guy has to drawn the line somewhere...
post #6 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 6:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER
It sure is, but now I'm married and I have a wife who won't stop talking about having children, so we have to get a four-door (hence the consideration of the Mazda 6). I hearby authorize you -- along with everyone else on the site -- to fly to STL and kick my a$$ if I ever end up driving a minivan. A guy has to drawn the line somewhere...
I dunno, the Odyssey is kind of cool, great resale
post #7 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 6:52 PM

Reputation Power: 50

So when are you getting your fart can, neon windshield sprayers and 9ft wing?

Last edited by ND4SPD; 06-17-2004 at 6:52 PM.
post #8 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 6:53 PM

No the Odyssey is not kinda cool.

Good choice...just talking about this with my GF recently for myself (since I hate driving trucks too) only I use the bed all the time....dog/dirtbikes/camping....what to do?

Last edited by luvtolean; 06-17-2004 at 6:53 PM.
post #9 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 7:01 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Re: booth23 w/ Chain tendencies

Congrats on the new car Booth!!

Did you check out the Mazda 3?
post #10 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 7:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolean
No the Odyssey is not kinda cool.

Good choice...just talking about this with my GF recently for myself (since I hate driving trucks too) only I use the bed all the time....dog/dirtbikes/camping....what to do?
I've owned hatchbacks for years, drop the rear seats and you have hellaroom for whatever. I've picked up wood from Home depot, transported tires, rims at the same time, all the plastic on a bike, pretty damn versatile but with dirtbikes you become limited, you practically have to have a truck

ND4, please
I will admit you can mod these types of cars up just like you do on bikes, let them breathe, gain power, but you can do it with a quiet exhaust, you don't need a fart can

I didn't look at any other Madzas besides the RX8. The most fun cage I owed was the 92 Si, it's an efficient vehicle, that is still loads of fun to drive. I thought about the minicooper for a bit, but I just like the Hondas man, what can I say
post #11 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 8:08 PM

Nice set of wheels, Boof.

"Chain like tendencies," why I oughta....
post #12 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 9:07 PM

Nice car! Good on ya Booth...Congrats.

J

p.s.I'll be at Pacific next Thursday, coming over Wednesday afternoon/evening...let me know if your free...or relatively cheap

J
post #13 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 9:07 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER
I hearby authorize you -- along with everyone else on the site -- to fly to STL and kick my a$$ if I ever end up driving a minivan.
I can be there in an hour and a half.

Is a paradigm worth 20 cents?
post #14 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 10:14 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Sochiro is smiling.

Insignificant Member
post #15 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 10:34 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

this totally calls for this! repost for us early guys/gals.

LINK (has sound)

Team Honda - well sorta...

Last edited by showmethebombs; 06-17-2004 at 10:35 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page