Got busted last night in my cage...LONG - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-24-2004, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Got busted last night in my cage...LONG

So last night I left the gym and since it was nice out I decided to crank my windows down (thank god) and cruise through the city to go home, well about a mile from my house I past a local cruiser that was in a parking lot with no lights on, I wasn't speeding or anything but as soon as I passed him the headlights came on and out he came. He wasted no time turning on the blues so I pulled over.

Well it started off with him asking for my license and registration, I explained to him that I didnt have my license on me since I dont like to carry my wallet to the gym out of paranoia that someone will swipe my cash...he didnt like that too much. He then told me he pulled me over because I have a modified exhuast and modified suspension.....and sure enough out came the tape measurer. He said to me "see your below the limit by quite a few inches" then looked at me waiting for my response, I just shrugged my shoulders and said "yep, cant really argue with that your right" then he said "and youy exhaust is modified also" as he pointed to the dual tips coming out the rear...once again I just shrugged my shoulders and said "yep cant argue about that either"

He went back to his car to start the process when another cruiser pulled up, now I'm thinking great tow truck is on the way and one of these guys is driving me home...well after about 40mins on the side of the road he came back to me and said "Sorry about the wait heres your registration raise this thing back up and put your exhaust back on" before he walked away the words "raise this thing back up" struck my mind so I asked "can I ask you a question, is airbag suspension legal in NH" to my suprise he said yes.... So looks like my trackbike is on hold and another project is on the way.

I have to admit I was very pissed last night but after thinking about it, he was just doing his job and he was pretty cool about the whole situation...so now I'm just pissed about the lame laws in NH...who wants their bumper 16" off the ground
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-24-2004, 11:05 AM

Re: Got busted last night in my cage...LONG

what kind of car do you have?
post #3 of 11 Old 06-24-2004, 11:13 AM

Reputation Power: 50

So what if your car already comes superlow from the factory and with a loud exhaust? I never understood why the factories get away with it. Same thing with tinted windows...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-24-2004, 11:23 AM

Yea, I don't understand the tinted window either. Apparently there is a certain grade or level that's acceptable but doesn't look like anyone follows it. And as I recall, it's a safety factor for law enforcement (pointing a gun without being seen?).

As far as the exhaust, I wish, truly wish, they'd pull some of these ridiculous Harleys over.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-24-2004, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD
So what if your car already comes superlow from the factory and with a loud exhaust? I never understood why the factories get away with it. Same thing with tinted windows...
This is a problem the Subaru STi's are running into. Stock they come with...go figure...an STi exhuast. So from the showroom they already are about as loud as some of the mid-volume aftermarket exhausts. A few new owners have already been pulled over, but it gets dismissed once it's clear that it's factory equiptment. They also are getting flak over the OEM rear wings on the evo's and STi's.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-24-2004, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

I have a '98 S10 pick up, it didnt exactly come like it is from the factory, I have a 3" drop in it all the way around, windows tinted to 35% driver & passenger door included, big in NH, and an aftermarket dual exhaust system on it.... I have no leg to stand on when I get pulled over (usually every couple weeks) so I dont bother arguing, I just say "Yep your right" I'll see if I can post a few pics after work.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-24-2004, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX954
I have a '98 S10 pick up, it didnt exactly come like it is from the factory, I have a 3" drop in it all the way around, windows tinted to 35% driver & passenger door included, big in NH, and an aftermarket dual exhaust system on it.... I have no leg to stand on when I get pulled over (usually every couple weeks) so I dont bother arguing, I just say "Yep your right" I'll see if I can post a few pics after work.

Doesn't sound too radical to me...sounds like you're getting "profiled".

post #8 of 11 Old 06-24-2004, 2:23 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

That truck scrapes it's nuts it's so low. Handles like a dream though. You see X if you had the airbags in it at the time he said to "raise this thing back up", you could have just flicked the switch and presto-chango LIFTED. As far as the exhaust goes, it's not half as loud as those damn Fast and Furious cars all over AZ. I think I'm gonna start carry a set of big azz pliers so when I see one parked I can just pinch the tip closed... . You need to post some pics man, I haven't seen that thing in almost a year. Gotta see it with the new painted stuff too.

Dano

{edit}About the tinting thing...just tell him you have very sensitive eyes and the sun hurts them . How's that tint job holding up anyways..gotta get my car done and think I'll bring to the same place you did.

Dan

Last edited by ReaperAZ; 06-24-2004 at 2:25 PM.
post #9 of 11 Old 06-24-2004, 3:41 PM Thread Starter

LOL, "raise it up" ok WHOOSH! that would go over well, Tint is badass thats why I cant bring myself to rip it off I'll pull the plates off the truck before making it NH legal and wait to drive it in AZ again.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-24-2004, 6:46 PM

only 35%?? that is legal in GA (well they are all right now) but factory tint is 35. I just got the L done in 20 and the rear at 5. The accord is at 20 too
post #11 of 11 Old 06-24-2004, 8:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba
only 35%?? that is legal in GA (well they are all right now) but factory tint is 35. I just got the L done in 20 and the rear at 5. The accord is at 20 too
Yep 35% and you cant have the driver or passenger windows done.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page