Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity.... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 2:47 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 02-22-2004
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19
 
Send a message via MSN to matt232
Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

I had an interesting idea a few months ago, but until this past weekend never got around to implementing it. My idea was to borrow the video project from work and attach it to the head of my bed somehow so that it projected onto the ceiling and throw a DVD into my laptop and watch movies while lying in bed. I don't think I could be lazier if I tried.

So Friday night, I brought the projector home and me the GF went to the video store. Unfortunately my plan to educate her about the Monty Python world only extended as far the The Meaning of Life as everything else was out so the education will have to continue at a later stage. Nevertheless we grabbed a few other movies and headed home.

I finished attaching the projector, using some pretty common household items, 3 wire coat hangers, 1 peice of string and a the packaging from my alpinestar gloves. Two coat hangers to loop over the each side of the projector then hook over the bed head, securing the hanger by string to the vertical pole on the bed head. The glove packaging was used to protect the matress from the hooks of the third coat hanger which were stuck down between the matress and bed head and the 'arms' bent towards each other so the hanger was upside down and jutted out behind the bed head like a shelf. DVD cases were then placed on this 'shelf' to create the desired angle for the projector. Bit converluted but it worked, next time I'll see if I can get hold of a lecturn and use that, it would be alot easier to get the desired angle.

Its a damn good setup for a cold wet and windy night.

I also discovered another application for the projector, my brand spanking new digital still camera came with an AV cord. So with a sudden burst of inspiration I disconnected the laptop and connected the digital camera. Sure enough the projector displays whatever the camera is pointed at. It was used to great effect, much better than a mirrored ceiling above your bed.

Before anyone asks, there was no recording so there won't be a repeat of Will's thread in NWS.

Last edited by matt232; 07-08-2017 at 3:31 AM.
matt232 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 3:04 PM
 
stegen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-29-2001
Location: La Crosse, Wi
Age: 38
Posts: 3,301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
   
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

wow, thats about as ghetto as it gets.
stegen is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 3:06 PM
 
Join Date: 05-07-2003
Posts: 3,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

Dang, that particular use for my projector hadn't occurred to me. Brilliant! Thank you
2OHOH2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 3:29 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 02-22-2004
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19
 
Send a message via MSN to matt232
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegen
wow, thats about as ghetto as it gets.
I prefer to think of it like this
http://www.uplinktech.net/macgyver/sounds/macgyver.wav
matt232 is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 5:30 PM
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-27-2002
Location: Toronto
Age: 42
Posts: 2,466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20
 
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

projector and girlfriend tied to your bed (something like that)... and all you bring back from the video store is Monty Python?? I suppose they *do* have the lumberjack skit...

Man... you have some sick tastes.

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".
nomad is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 5:30 PM
 
soon2b954's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-02-2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 47
Posts: 2,047
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20
 
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt232
I had an interesting idea a few months ago, but until this past weekend never got around to implementing it. My idea was to borrow the video project from work and attach it to the head of my bed somehow so that it projected onto the ceiling and throw a DVD into my laptop and watch movies while lying in bed. I don't think I could be lazier if I tried.

So Friday night, I brought the projector home and me the GF went to the video store. Unfortunately my plan to educate her about the Monty Python world only extended as far the The Meaning of Life as everything else was out so the education will have to continue at a later stage. Nevertheless we grabbed a few other movies and headed home.

I finished attaching the projector, using some pretty common household items, 3 wire coat hangers, 1 peice of string and a the packaging from my alpinestar gloves. Two coat hangers to loop over the each side of the projector then hook over the bed head, securing the hanger by string to the vertical pole on the bed head. The glove packaging was used to protect the matress from the hooks of the third coat hanger which were stuck down between the matress and bed head and the 'arms' bent towards each other so the hanger was upside down and jutted out behind the bed head like a shelf. DVD cases were then placed on this 'shelf' to create the desired angle for the projector. Bit converluted but it worked, next time I'll see if I can get hold of a lecturn and use that, it would be alot easier to get the desired angle.

Its a damn good setup for a cold wet and windy night.

I also discovered another application for the projector, my brand spanking new digital still camera came with an AV cord. So with a sudden burst of inspiration I disconnected the laptop and connected the digital camera. Sure enough the projector displays whatever the camera is pointed at. It was used to great effect, much better than a mirrored ceiling above your bed.

Before anyone asks, there was no recording so there won't be a repeat of Will's thread in NWS.
Wow, that's a very unique holder I'm sure there would be a huge market for it!!
soon2b954 is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 8:24 PM
 
stegen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-29-2001
Location: La Crosse, Wi
Age: 38
Posts: 3,301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
   
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2b954
Wow, that's a very unique holder I'm sure there would be a huge market for it!!
Yeah, sign me up.
stegen is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 8:32 PM
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-27-2002
Location: Toronto
Age: 42
Posts: 2,466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20
 
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

hehe... Matt, it's very ingenuitive and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. They are just jealous they have to sit at their computer desks while surfing porn.

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".
nomad is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Supporting Member
 
SomeStrangeGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-23-2001
Location: Around here.
Posts: 4,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 34
                 
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
They are just jealous they have to sit at their computer desks while surfing porn.
..actually I stand, sometimes I get funny looks from the receptionist though
SomeStrangeGuy is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 11:13 PM
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-27-2002
Location: Toronto
Age: 42
Posts: 2,466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20
 
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeStrangeGuy
..actually I stand, sometimes I get funny looks from the receptionist though
It's not that cold in Boston is it?

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".
nomad is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 11:30 PM
 
Join Date: 04-01-2003
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17
 
Send a message via MSN to Will
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

Hey hey give the real story...
His freaky women WANTS him to post pics of her...he won't do it, something about not his seen.
Well what about us Matt, it's our scene.

heres a link cause I know how you love them so.

www.mattthefrigetlovesbacchusthemidget.com
Will is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Supporting Member
 
SomeStrangeGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-23-2001
Location: Around here.
Posts: 4,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 34
                 
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
It's not that cold in Boston is it?
nah, but she's married
SomeStrangeGuy is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 06-29-2004, 11:39 PM
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-27-2002
Location: Toronto
Age: 42
Posts: 2,466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20
 
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

DNS cannot resolve that address...

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".
nomad is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 06-30-2004, 2:31 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 02-22-2004
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19
 
Send a message via MSN to matt232
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
DNS cannot resolve that address...

I might have to register it before you beat me. I think I'd prefer to have control over the 'content' hosted on that site.
matt232 is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 06-30-2004, 2:31 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 02-22-2004
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19
 
Send a message via MSN to matt232
Re: Lazy weekend of movies..followed by some energetic activity....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2b954
Wow, that's a very unique holder I'm sure there would be a huge market for it!!
Working on the patent as we speak
matt232 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome