For all you Firemen - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 05-13-2003, 4:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Re: For all you Firemen

Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-13-2003, 4:40 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Not a bad idea, but what if the firefighter gets into a wreck??! Now they gotta split their forces Seems like a good idea, although it could turn out to be a risky one
post #3 of 10 Old 05-13-2003, 9:13 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Bad idea, IMO. There are certain locations in my district that are know to have many false alarms. SOMETIMES we will send out one of the Lt's or possibly a Captain in a command car to check it out but more often than not we treat each alarm as real. It cuts down on response time which is crucial in emergency situations. You need to get there ASAP with all the people and all the gear.

Regarding the accident thing. The majority of firefighter injuries occur while responding to an emergency. Emergency vehicles get into MVA's all the time...probably more often than you'd think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-13-2003, 10:36 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via Yahoo to firedawgon929

That's ridiculous. Not even feasible. There's no way that would fly anywhere in the US.

No matter how beautiful a woman may be, some man somewhere is sick of her sh!t.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-14-2003, 11:58 AM

Reputation Power: 21

It flies in Daytona for the bike events there. They are on Hardleys with full medical gear. It's the FD but as many know, a large majority of calls are medical in nature. The quick access they have through the Bike Week gridlock and the program works well. I'm a little envious.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-14-2003, 1:05 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via Yahoo to firedawgon929

Quote:
smkeatr : It flies in Daytona for the bike events there. *They are on Hardleys with full medical gear. *It's the FD but as many know, a large majority of calls are medical in nature. *The quick access they have through the Bike Week gridlock and the program works well. *I'm a little envious.
I can understand that for a medical crew, but to investigate alarms and calls ... I don't know about that. Maybe send the bike and an engine, and terminate the engine's response en-route if it's not needed, but it should still be on it's way.

No matter how beautiful a woman may be, some man somewhere is sick of her sh!t.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-14-2003, 7:49 PM

It's their first in crew on med alarms only. Transport rescue is right behind them when they get through the gridlock. I agree for the fire calls it wouldn't be feasible.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-15-2003, 2:48 AM

yup, i can picture it now, me on my 954, full turnout gear, with a scba pack strapped to my back. *Hehehe. *I'm thinking no, maybe an indian pack instead! *Now we're talking.

Anyone have any good ideas where I can mount the red lights and siren on my bike???

p.s. Are you guys full time or volunteer? I'm in a little pissass town with 25 volunteer members on the department. We haven't had a major structure fire in over a year, boring life, just a bunch of woods fires. I'm starting the Basic EMT course in 2 weeks, should be lots of fun, at least I'll have something to do!

post #9 of 10 Old 05-15-2003, 6:37 PM

Quote:
2k2954 : yup, i can picture it now, me on my 954, full turnout gear, with a scba pack strapped to my back. *Hehehe. *I'm thinking no, maybe an indian pack instead! *Now we're talking.

Anyone have any good ideas where I can mount the red lights and siren on my bike???

p.s. *Are you guys full time or volunteer? *I'm in a little pissass town with 25 volunteer members on the department. *We haven't had a major structure fire in over a year, boring life, just a bunch of woods fires. *I'm starting the Basic EMT course in 2 weeks, should be lots of fun, at least I'll have something to do!
Nice list of toys in your sig. You got me beat. I've been a Professional Firefighter/EMT for 11 years. Hey, got any t-shirts you want to trade?
post #10 of 10 Old 05-15-2003, 11:31 PM

actually, i just put in an order for some t-shirts from the department. I should get a few extras made for this. It'd be great to trade! I'll let you know as soon as they come in!
Mark

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page