Mitsubishi, WTF - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 4:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Mitsubishi, WTF

Do to recent events, I'm currently car shopping. Yesterday, an 05 STi was dropped off at my store for me to test drive. I had an appointment to drive the Evo that night. The differences between these cars is small and I figured I'd drive them both and bring the winner to the next round. I get to the Mitsubishi dealer and they then tell me, "we don't allow test drives on Evo's". I told them I just was given an Sti to drive and there was no way I'm buying the car without driving it. There answer was, "Would you buy a new car with some miles on it?" I told them the newer STi had 298 miles when I got it and the warranty starts with the mileage on the car so it wouldn't matter. Thanks for making up my mind for me. I go and drive the 300C and GTO and pass another Mitsubishi dealer. I thought maybe it was that dealer and I'll give them a try. This time they will let me drive it if I do all the paperwork and am willing to take it home today. I snatched my liscense out of his hand and left there too. I know htey are haveing financial woes but this isn't the way to make a profit. I'm not a 17 year old kid that wants a joy ride, I pulled up in a $55K car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 4:09 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs
Re: Mitsubishi, WTF

me...being the way I am...would have bought the STi, and drivin back to the mitsu dealer, and gone right in, and shaken the guys hand that told you that crap.

brings up another aspect of test drives though...we never get to ride a bike before we buy it around this area.

Team Honda - well sorta...

Last edited by showmethebombs; 07-20-2004 at 4:10 PM.
post #3 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 5:03 PM

WOW that's odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmethebombs

brings up another aspect of test drives though...we never get to ride a bike before we buy it around this area.

I think they only let old people that look responsible test ride bikes

Last edited by 929_Nupe; 07-20-2004 at 5:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 5:07 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillAce
I pulled up in a $55K car.

Which customers car was it? j/k

Insignificant Member
post #5 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 5:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure it's just your dealers. I was told the same thing at one dealer nearby, even when I went in with my wife. They told me they don't just let anyone drive an EVO. Funny thing is, it's just a $30K car, and the Montero is over $35K. They let me drive it just fine, even when I told them I had no intention of buying it.
Their justification was that it had nothing to do with price, but "an EVO buyer doesn't want many miles on the car".
So I went to a different dealer, and they let me drive one no problems. I've since become quite good friends with their General Manager as I may be getting the future EVO. The MR comes out in a few months with the 6 speed, active diff and lighter weight, which will turn into the EVO9 stateside.
Maybe one of the dealers caught wind the other wasn't allowing test drives and pulled the same idea out of his ass.
I can understand not letting every punk 18 year old fast and furious fan drive one, but when someone actually can afford the car and wishes to buy it you should be allowed to drive it.
post #6 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 5:28 PM

I agree. It's pretty weak. A lot of times in these situations the production #'s are limited. But in most cases, it's just that this little company has their top o the line sportscar which is $30k or less and they act like it's an Enzo.
post #7 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 5:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freq
Which customers car was it? j/k

A guy named Sal, he's got 5 or 6 cars and let me borrow his CLK55 until I find a car I like. I'm not in a huge rush right now.
post #8 of 12 Old 07-20-2004, 5:55 PM

Hmm. Some time after the EVO came out, a friend and I went to the local dealership. We were both driving MKIV Supras, so that got some attention when we pulled in

We walked into the place, and found that 1) they were charging MSRP + $5000, and 2) they wouldn't let anyone test drive the cars. Whateva.
post #9 of 12 Old 07-21-2004, 2:51 PM Thread Starter

The sales guy had the nads to call me today to see if I was still interested. I hope he doesn't wait too long for me to show up.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-21-2004, 3:17 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillAce
The sales guy had the nads to call me today to see if I was still interested. I hope he doesn't wait too long for me to show up.
what a freak. I would blow him off too.

check this link out.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...307scc_stievo/

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #11 of 12 Old 07-21-2004, 3:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmethebombs
what a freak. I would blow him off too.

check this link out.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...307scc_stievo/

The Evo I'd driven before gave me the same impression, but the 05 STi seems to have some changes to take away the handling edge the Evo has. The steering ratio was quickened, bigger hub,rims & tires, new front diff too. I was quoted $200 off invoice already without even negotiating. I did like the GTO, and the G35 too, the GTO is just a mean drigfting machine with a surprising interior for GM.
post #12 of 12 Old 07-21-2004, 5:07 PM

Same experience as you guys. About 6 mos ago I was tentatively looking at getting rid of my truck and went to check out an Evo up in NorCal (Roseville, good place to buy a car). I walked up and it said MSRP+$5k. I looked at the sales guy and asked if it was real. He said it was, I laughed in his face and walked off.

Looked at a GTO locally when I had my truck in for a warranty repair and it was the same BS, MSRP +5k.

Last edited by luvtolean; 07-21-2004 at 5:09 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page