Welcome to "4-12" land, Dolphin fans - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-26-2004, 1:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via Yahoo to QuikMike
Welcome to "4-12" land, Dolphin fans

being that I am 49ers fan, I am pretty realistic about our prospects for the upcoming campaign...we lost TO to Philly, Hearst signs with Denver, Julian Peterson is threatening to hold out, Garcia signs with the Browns and we have a rookie receiver(Rashuan Woods from OkieState) starting, I feel pretty confident we are looking at 4-12, 5-11....but the Dolphins who had high hopes for the year, with Ricky Williams, retiring are staring at 4-12 or 5-11 squarely in the face now...with a pair of mediocre QBs, no running game, old and slow LBs and Ogunleye wanting a bigger deal....and finally, playing in the rugged AFC East, I forsee a pretty bad season for the 'Fins....any Dolphin fans here? let's hear your thoughts and opinions on the season and Ricky's retirement

"Make your next move your best move"

-The King of the South, T.I.-

My BlogSpace

Last edited by QuikMike; 07-26-2004 at 1:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-26-2004, 1:37 PM
ER

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Welcome to "4-12" land, Dolphin fans

Man, talk about a kick square in the 'nads. I'm sure the Dolphins would have respected his decision to retire had he announced it after the end of last season, but to do it after most of the talented backs in the league have been taken was a tough shot to take. He had to do what was right for him, though. Eddie George sure would have been a nice fit...
post #3 of 10 Old 07-26-2004, 1:42 PM

Who can figure Ricky Williams out? He's going to Japan to meditate and take pictures (he's supposedly really into photography). I still can't decide whether he's a nut case or good for him, and go on and live the life you always dreamed. Huge bad timing that Dallas picks up Eddie and BAM, Ricky announces he's done. I agree, the Dolphins will be hurtin this year, and I think the coach who was already on the hot seat, signed a semi-long extension.

Last edited by SuperDave; 07-26-2004 at 1:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-26-2004, 2:00 PM

Oh, I think I'm starting to find answers to my own question about Ricky's decsion.

Society and the NFL say he can't smoke marijuana, for example, and that's one of the many rules of his confining workplace he will no longer abide. He says without apology he has gotten around NFL drug tests with a special liquid players all over the league consume by the gallon before tests to avoid detection. He says he simply didn't drink it before getting busted in 2002, and that he still hasn't heard on his appeal of a second failed test, but that the recent marijuana issues have nothing to do with his decision to retire beyond confirming how stifling celebrity can be and how ill-fitting the NFL is for him.

No way Mr Hand, I'm going to graduate and surf the most bodacious waves and hook up with bodacious babes ALL over the world dude!
post #5 of 10 Old 07-26-2004, 2:06 PM

4...who do you see them beating.... Arizona and San Fran might be their only 2 wins (sorry quickmike) and I don't see them winning both of them (sorry again quickmike) they can mail this season in....

DNP - Coaches decision

Edit: I don't think Eddie would have made it to Miami anyway

Last edited by 929_Nupe; 07-26-2004 at 2:08 PM.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-26-2004, 2:10 PM

I'm not a Dolphins fan, but as a football fan I have to wonder about guys that retire in their prime (Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, etc). It's his life, but the rest of us are left scratching our heads as to why they're not using their talent (I was careful not to use the word "waste"). I mean, a long career in the NFL is about 10 years, so if you retire in your 30s that leaves you plenty of time to enjoy other things in the prime of your life.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-26-2004, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial Thriller
I'm not a Dolphins fan, but as a football fan I have to wonder about guys that retire in their prime (Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, etc). It's his life, but the rest of us are left scratching our heads as to why they're not using their talent (I was careful not to use the word "waste"). I mean, a long career in the NFL is about 10 years, so if you retire in your 30s that leaves you plenty of time to enjoy other things in the prime of your life.

if you're really a fan those two BIG names up there shouldn't be mentioned anywhere close to a conversation involving rickey "what's his face"
post #8 of 10 Old 07-26-2004, 2:33 PM

Yea, have to agree. Jim Brown already had records that took over 30 years to even get close too, and Hollywood wanted him bad. Barry (one of THE greatest and most professional athletes I've ever seen) did not want to stay in Detroit with no offensive line and no real hopes of ever going to the big dance but was contractually locked unless he retired. He also had his share of records. Ricky had some good seasons (of the 5 he was in) but not great ones like Mr Brown and Mr Sanders.
post #9 of 10 Old 07-26-2004, 3:22 PM

While picky Ricky says he's confident that this is what he wants his agent still says that it may not be permanant but who knows, he's seems he's really upset about failing a second drug test because of pot. He was a selfish crybaby at texas, at new orleans, and now he's throwing another tantrum because he's not getting his way yet again.

BTW Zack can hardly be considered "old and slow" and I prefer to refer to Junior as experienced . After all we're not the retirement home of the NFL *ahem*Oakland*ahem*
post #10 of 10 Old 07-26-2004, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_Nupe
if you're really a fan those two BIG names up there shouldn't be mentioned anywhere close to a conversation involving rickey "what's his face"
Good point. I didn't mean to compare Ricky Williams to those great running backs (I still get upset when I think of what Barry could have accomplished if he's stuck around...or come back after his Lions contract ran out). But he is talented, and it seems silly to retire at 27 for no apparent reason when you're in your prime.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page