Open Water the movie(anti-spoilage) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-07-2004, 2:51 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 34

Open Water the movie(anti-spoilage)

LINK LINK LINK

Just opened tonight here in town and I checked it out. I can't really compare it to any other movies I have seen, but it is interesting and I did enjoy it.

Freaky in a different sort of way, but very real. Real in the way that the movie was filmed entirely in live open seas, has zero cgi or special effects . The action you see is real. Though not a "blood and guts" type flick per se, but there is enough there to keep the twisted folk interested, at minimum the psychological effects will spin ya.

I enjoyed it but thought the ending should be different, you'll know what I mean when ya see it and I'll leave it at that.

3/5 on the SSG scale, but a 5/5 in the "it might not be the best movie but I still think everyone should be forced to watch it once" category
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-07-2004, 5:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash
Re: Open Water the movie(anti-spoilage)

I've been wanting to see since they started pimping it on the Discovery Channel during shark week.

Did anyone catch that show "Primal Scream" where they previewed the movie. Dude this chick is diving in the Galapogose (sp) filming sharks and fish. The current is as strong on the bottom as it is on the surface and she is moving further away from her group. She starts filming a group of fish and looks around, doesn't see anyone so she surfaces. She pops up and there is no boat anywhere. She's over three miles from the boat in shrak infested water. After about 30 secs she realizes her situation and just taps into the primal instincts of fear. Her camera is rolling and you can hear her screaming, this blood curtling scream as she's unaware of the sharks below. Her camera catches the sharks as they begin to come in to investigate. This chick is going balistic.

After about 5-10 mins she has collected what she termed as her "Death Tape" she figured if nothing else science could gain knowledge if they found the tape of her being eaten. Fight or flight finally kicks in and she begins to swim towards the island which is now a little over two miles away......

Man hearing a scream like that is weird. It's different that a regular scream or panic scream, this was a death scream. Anyway... great show if they re-air it, it's worth a sit down.

Never trust a big butt and a smile...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page