Reigestered in a car show this weekend. (Long and pointless) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-09-2004, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Send a message via AIM to MrX954 Send a message via Yahoo to MrX954
Reigestered in a car show this weekend. (Long and pointless)

So I bring my S10 to a car show this weekend, my 1st one. 123 cars entered total. 85 in show and shine, others were there just for stereo. There was 3 classes "Wild" tons of crazy mods and paintjobs and such. "Mild" Daily drivers with some mods done and "Under Construction" When the vehicle is modded but not finished as far as the owners plans. I enetered in mild and underconstruction. Due to a recent injury I couldnt sleep for even 1 min the night before the show cuz the constant throbbing and severe pain hurt too much. After being out ALL day in the sun (I'm so sunburned today I doubt I'll go outside for the next week or two) I had prob 10 ppl ask me about my truck make comments on it and I saw at least 30ppl taking pics of it. The judge came around asked me what I had done I went through the whole truck and hes like "well its a very nice truck" so I'm thinking cool. Award time came around and I was right by the door they did all the sound trophies, I didnt enter since my stereo isnt done yet so I waited, I noticed the ppl winning awards are winning a lot of awards in many different classes, so I'm thinking thats odd .

Show and shine award time! 5-1st 2nd place Nissan P/U spray painted many colors of primer stock destroyed interior, stock wheels, stock tires, no enine mods but with Airbag suspension. So my buddy leans over when they announce it and says "sweet dude you won 1st!" 1st place--some crazy pimped out civic that should have been entered in wild. WTF! I am still pissed that nissan placed and I didnt, oh I didnt even place in the top 25 for mild either.

I know everybody wants to win and everybody thinks they should have won if they enter but I just wanted to place, didnt expect to win 1st but cant justify in my head how that Nissan placed and I didnt! Everybody left there pissed except one girl that won like 6 trophies, the owners were bullshit of the results too 1 of the owners won 5 trophies and was still pissed that other vehicles didnt place, mine included.

I GOT ROBBED!!!

X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-09-2004, 12:09 PM

Reputation Power: 45

Re: Reigestered in a car show this weekend. (Long and pointless)

Car shows are nothing but a popularity contest. (And I won first in a small one long ago) Not surprising at all.

...in bed.
-------------------------------------

...you are trying to insult me, and I agree it is very easy to do, if you haven't sufficient respect for yourself. - Tolstoy
post #3 of 8 Old 08-09-2004, 2:36 PM

Reputation Power: 17

You must have been @ the SlapShow @ Traffic Jamz. My guys went to Carlisle for the All Truck Nationals since it was quadruple points. I know the guys that run those shows very well and there is a bit of a "buddy system". I built a Benz that won every major Sound Quality show in the country including IASCA finals. Whenever we travelled to New England we knew that we were getting 2nd. The car that beat us wouldn't place at the larger events we won, yet his scores were near perfect on his turf. We never let it bother us because we would be ready when it counted at the big shows. In talking with the guys that run the events there, they told us that they didn't want to discourage him from showing his excellent car, and it made the "real" shows that much more satisfying.

BTW, the girl your referring to will put us in the same situation. She is in the same class as a car I recently completed. We beat her easily at the Steel Vally Regional and have had the highest sound score at every other event. Somehow I already know that we'll get 2nd to her in New England though

Also with 85 cars to judge, sometimes things get overlooked. Show up more often and they remember more about your vehicle. That format is different too since they score you on the sound system, appearance and performance mods. You really need a well rounded vehicle. Most importantly, you don't need a $10 trophy to have pride of ownership, the attention you get while sitting there all day does a better job of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-09-2004, 4:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillAce
You must have been @ the SlapShow @ Traffic Jamz.

BTW, the girl your referring to will put us in the same situation. She is in the same class as a car I recently completed. We beat her easily at the Steel Vally Regional and have had the highest sound score at every other event. Somehow I already know that we'll get 2nd to her in New England though

You really need a well rounded vehicle. Most importantly, you don't need a $10 trophy to have pride of ownership, the attention you get while sitting there all day does a better job of that.
Yep your exactly right thats the show I was at, it was my 1st show so I didnt know what to expect but getting stomped led me to believe that certain ppl got extra points they didnt earn just so they could place.

My truck is pretty well rounded in my opinion, I have a decent sound system (being upgraded this week) The looks on it are about as far as I can go without major mods, its lowered, 20's, tinted windows all around, and other basics, and I have a cold air intake and dual exhaust (not much avaible for the GM 2.2l that I have found) so I think I should placed, not sure if I want to continue to go to shows now, like you said pride of ownership beats a cheap non-personalized off the shelf trophy.

X
post #5 of 8 Old 08-10-2004, 7:30 AM

Reputation Power: 23

I have a car I used to put in car shows, I won 5 trophies with it and had it featured and half a dozen magazines and various pics from car shows in other magazines.

I know how you feel, the car show scene (actually most scenes) there is always the buddy system, where awards are handed out to some cars that don't deserve them, just because they are mates of the judges or people who are running the show.

I assume you built the car to suit you and nobody else but yourself, but at the same time your looking for approval from others. Don't be put off by the judges, if you like the car shows keep entering, but when the judges check your car, ask them what areas you are loosing points in and then fix that area.

I still remember the first trophy I won, it was 5th best sedan (sedan being the biggest class), It was unexpected by me but it put me over the moon and I felt like all the work I had done was worth it, even though I didn't build the car for car shows.

Don't let it get you down

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #6 of 8 Old 08-10-2004, 9:32 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

That's why all my money goes into my bike and towards my new motard. Don't worry John out here you would have placed for sure. Most of the vehicles here are cars, not too many here customize mini trucks. Don't worry about, just know your ruck is the **** is fine by me. Hell I've driven that little thing and it is SOOOOOO fun.

Good luck with that sun burn mang. I can send you an aloe vera plant if ya want.

Dano

Dan
post #7 of 8 Old 08-10-2004, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperAZ
That's why all my money goes into my bike and towards my new motard. Don't worry John out here you would have placed for sure. Most of the vehicles here are cars, not too many here customize mini trucks. Don't worry about, just know your ruck is the **** is fine by me. Hell I've driven that little thing and it is SOOOOOO fun.

Good luck with that sun burn mang. I can send you an aloe vera plant if ya want.

Dano
Yea I talked to the owners of the place that put on the show they said that I was robbed blind and the guy who finished 2nd said "who got 1st the S10 w/the 20's?" ( thats MEEEEEEE ) when he found out he won, since he wasnt there. I plan on enetering more, not that I have to, like mentioned I built the truck for me and I get enough looks and compliments when I go ANYWHERE to know its not a POS.

A trophy would have been nice though....

X
post #8 of 8 Old 08-10-2004, 12:22 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Next show, when you register with the curly blonde guy, Mike Galligan. tell him Impossible Bill said to say hi. When he asks you if I'm coming to the show tell him "only if you aren't happy with your judging". They will score you more fairly.

If he mentions anything about crying judges, broken trophies and death threats, they are all lies!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page