Response to the "im pissed" thread - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Response to the "im pissed" thread

hey, just wanted to respond to the thread seeing Conqsoft closed it before i could chime in.

#1 i never intended for the thread to get the way that it did

#2 a 3 lane highway @ 10 o'clock at night with no cars. of course im gonna do a little over the limit (i KNOW i wasnt doing 60, whats a 3 lane "highway" doing with a 35mph limit anyways ?? revenue...).

G-Force Junkie: running from the cops would have given us a bad name. i did not run as i felt i had done nothing wrong.

NinerPilot: "In TN, Troopers can pull people over for the sole fact of asking for a license"... shouldnt that totally be aganst the law? so much for my rights.. and no, my intentions were not angellic.. but if me or you were prosecuted on every bad intention we have ever had forget about it... fact of the matter is i wasnt racing.. i may have wanted to but i didnt.

lexus rx: all cops arent but but i understand what you are talking about. 1 time i was behind a cop in the next lane, he was doing about 5-10 mph under the speed limit, i could not go that slow but i didnt want to pass him because i know how cops get when you pass them. so i thought that as long as i did under the speed limit i would be fine. WRONG... limit was 35 so i made sur i was at 34. of course with him doing about 25-30 i started to creep past him. the second my door got to his nose he flips the blues on. another ticket that was beat in court.

Diesel954: "And no there is no law allowing you to see a radar units readout".... that is the only proof that i was "speeding". i just wanted him to prove it to me. should be my right if im being accused of something. why would he check off "Radar/Estimated" on it then write the wrong MPH that he told you. if you get someone on radar wouldnt it just be radar ?!?

im am not anti-cop.. i know a ton of them that are wicked cool. but when my friends are doing 100+ and they dont een go after them and pull me over.. its complete BS... i think he was just lookin for a chase which is probably why there were 4 state trooper cars surrounding me...

Conqsoft, if you will allow discussion on this toppic i would greatly appreciate it.. just as long as people act right....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 11:09 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to 929_Nupe Send a message via MSN to 929_Nupe
Re: Responce to the "im pissed" thread

round 2
post #3 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 11:12 AM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to TGZ13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_Nupe

round 2
This wont last either sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 11:18 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Although there is no law on viewing the radar output my experience is the judge will take the refusal as evidence that the radar data is questionable. Kind of similar to refusing a breath test (yes I know different is ways also).

Must obey the sheep dog
post #5 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

guys please, keep it clean... i would like to hear responces from the people i mentioned in the thread
post #6 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 11:58 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to 929_Nupe Send a message via MSN to 929_Nupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01CBR929RR
guys please, keep it clean... i would like to hear responces from the people i mentioned in the thread

Relax buddy.....Me and TGZ are just spectators

luxus was the one screaming Phuck the Police like he was part of NWA
post #7 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_Nupe
Relax buddy.....Me and TGZ are just spectators

luxus was the one screaming Phuck the Police like he was part of NWA
I stay out of nasty arguments so this one like nupe says.... I am just spectating
post #8 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

I can't condone or condemn your actions, but ridng sportbikes is dangerous enough without increasing your risks by riding fast on the street...3 lane highway or not. As for the comments regarding LEO's, they have the most thankless job of any profession and yet are the first ones we call when we need help.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #9 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 12:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot

I will gladly discuss this like this... I quit posting in the other thread after Mr. "All cops should fall off the earth" voiced his opinion.

Ok, yes you did right by not running... we are in agreement over that. Now, the fact of the matter that you werent racing indicates the fact of the matter that you didnt receive a ticket/go to jail for racing, you received a citation for speeding. And from what you just said, you were doing that, just maybe not what he indicated... As our city judge tells people that say they were speeding, but not going what was written on the ticket, "Well speeding is speeding whether its 2 over or 20 over".

Now as the radar itself, most officers I know will not let anyone come back to the car to see the unit. You may not see it this way, but it is an officer's safety issue to have someone come back to your car. Also if the stop is on the side of the road, it exposes you to traffic, and while I have you stopped, you are my responsibility. I try to not let cars stop where they can get them/me in trouble. The PA is great for telling cars to move to a safer location than the turn lane on a 5 lane highway. With the speed indicated/written Several times I have clocked a vehicle at one speed say 60, yet the unit only locked it at a lower speed, say 55, due to acceleration / deceleration. When I approach the vehicle, I have the highest speed I saw in my head, but might not realise that it didnt lock the highest speed I saw. Our Radars and Lasers are set to lock the speed when the button is released, not the highest obtained.

The way I see it is that you were with a group of fast moving vehicles. The trooper may have seen/clocked you as you were rolling on the gas, yet took a while to get to you or waited for another car to hit the blues. (Multiple sets of blue lights reduce the motivation to run, and its good tactics to wait until you are right behind the offending vehicle to hit them, so that if they are a runner, they have less of a head start.) Im sure he saw your friends as well, but since you were the straggler, he got you. Like I said before, maybe he lacked Tact, but there was nothing illegal or wrong with what he did. Another thing is that the side of a street is not the place to argue guilt or innocence. That is what the nice climate controlled court rooms are for.

For future reference, when stopped, bike or car, follow these guidelines. You will have a better chance (with me anyways) of getting off.
1) Pull over in a safe spot off of the main road. (wide shoulder, parking lot, side road, etc.)
2) On the bike turn it off and remove your helmet. This shows you arent a flight risk.
3) In a car, turn you car off and interior light on with the window down.
4) Keep your hands visible to the officer. Dont go grabbing for your wallet until the officer asks for it. I rest my hands on the windscreen of the bike and on the steering wheel of the car.
5)When the officer asks, give him/her your License/reg/Ins. If the officer hasnt informed you of why you were stopped (if it isnt obvious) its fine to ask, just do it in a semi polite manner. Dont demand to know. If you think the officer is in error, a short explination is fine, but dont try to debate the facts on the traffic stop.

These will do a few things including making the officer feel a bit safer about the stop. If I feel safe, Im happy and less likely to issue a ticket. Best advice I can give you on this if you were speeding is to be honest with yourself and face the music. Now if it is a different penealty in your state for different speeds, you might be able to get the speed reduced or go to traffic school.
Chris
post #10 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 12:11 PM

Reputation Power: 25

How fast were you going and what was the speed limit?

22 days until it begins...
post #11 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 12:40 PM

I have had mostly all BAD experiences with cops on my bike,, in my car is whole different thing. They automaticly think you are a SQUID, and that you know all the rest of the squids. And don't feel bad, I have gotten on the site to vent about my bad tiimes one or twice and was flamed and told "your stories cant be true",, whatever... You have my sympathy, just remember not to waste to much time in court,, you cant beat THE BLUE WALL. I was forced to sign a ticket at taser piont once, and I thought for sure I could beat that one in court ,,, NOT.. only got wreckless reduced to unlawfull speed. I did not have enough money to keep paying the laywer so I had to take it I got flamed so hard when I told the story here, Everyone said, "you must have been doing something aggresive,you must have been mouthing off, bla bla bla. Bull crap, it was 5 Oclock and the cop said he wanted to go home and he was treating me like scum. I NEVER got off my bike until he came up to me and handed me the ticket pad. And when I asked him to explain the ticket, he just pulled out his taser and started yelling SIGN IT. Screwd up my driving record forever and stuck me on a fun ride that lasted a year. My pride is still hurt over that one to this day,,, the things cops can get away with is shocking. I have a couple more stories that are more shocking than that one, so don't feel bad, it happens to a bunch of us.
post #12 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 12:45 PM

I have had a bad experience on my bike with the cops or should I say cop (guess he was just in a bad mood that night) Other then that I know a few people who are cops so I try and think that there are more like them as well as the cops on here

The fireblades donought eaters
post #13 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 1:49 PM

Reputation Power: 50

In my 20k+ of street riding I was pulled over once for a 41 in 25. I question whether or not I really was going that fast, however I didn't see my speedo, and it was his word against mine either way so I just paid the ticket.

It basically comes down to this....driving is a privilige not a right. A cop pulling you over is not infringing on any of your rights. He's doing his job, thank him for it, and be on your way. End of story, period.
post #14 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 1:51 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Son, you'll attract more flies with sugar than you will with $hit.

It took me many years to finally figure out what that Police Officer meant.

Insignificant Member
post #15 of 179 Old 08-23-2004, 1:58 PM

Reputation Power: 21

I have had my CBR for about 1.5 years and have put about 13k miles on it. In that time I have had three run-ins with the police – all of them positive. Early on I got one ticket for 55 in a 35. There is no defense for my actions – I just wasn’t used to the bike and accelerated past the speed limit. I wasn’t getting rambunctious or squidly, I just plain went too fast. The cop that gave me the ticket was sort of a hard-ass at first, but I think once he realized I was respectful and didn’t have an attitude he was pretty cool. He did end up giving me that ticket, but he also said he would not fight court supervision – which I ended up getting. Again – I feel I deserved that ticket.

I have also had two very similar incidents in the last three months. I was on the interstate both times and was definitely speeding. Not WFO crazy speeding, but probably over 80 mph in a 65 zone. Both times I looked in my mirrors to see a cruiser closing fast. I slowed to 65, got in the right lane, and prepared to meet my fate. Both times the cop just pulled up next to me, waved his finger in sort of a “you know better than that” way and then rolled on past. That is TWO tickets that I rightfully deserved that I was let out of. Maybe it was because I had a helmet and gear on, maybe it was just because they were in a hurry. I dunno.

Last, when you see some of the total ****ing morons around here that ride sportbikes you really can’t blame the police. Helmetless squids ripping through traffic riding half-ass wheelies has become a pretty common occurrence around here. I can hardly blame the police for cracking down. But … so far the police have been very cool to me. They are just doing their often thankless jobs.

I will now go knock on some wood.

Last edited by johnnycrash; 08-23-2004 at 1:58 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page