Almost hit by a car last night - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 09-17-2004, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Almost hit by a car last night

Last night I was at my parents house dropping off our new crib (my wife doesn't want it in our house until the baby's born, says it's bad luck). So, like an idiot, I'm standing street side pulling it out of the back of my truck. It was dark out, but I was under a street lamp, when a car comes hauling down the street. He starts drifting over, so I pin myself against the truck to get as close as possible when I realize that this guy is not looking where he's going and he's going to smash into me. I screamed out something like "HEY" or "Watch out!" or something and he swerves left slightly, just enough to not kill me, but catch my shirt with his mirror! I was pretty freaked out, all shaky, and out of breath. Just thought I'd vent, and let people know to ALWAYS load/unload curbside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-17-2004, 12:20 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Send a message via AIM to TGZ13
Re: Almost hit by a car last night

Damn that was way to close. Glad at least that the idiot saw you even if it was last minute
post #3 of 13 Old 09-17-2004, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

I know it was me yelling that got his attention, and I'd like to think it was a deep, manly growl, but thinking back, I bet I sounded like someone stepping on a squeaky dog toy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 09-17-2004, 12:23 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Send a message via AIM to TGZ13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwaberts
I know it was me yelling that got his attention, and I'd like to think it was a deep, manly growl, but thinking back, I bet I sounded like someone stepping on a squeaky dog toy.
Hey he heard you and noone else was there so tell it like you want to
post #5 of 13 Old 09-17-2004, 12:28 PM

Quote:

post #6 of 13 Old 09-17-2004, 12:45 PM

Reputation Power: 20

I think you should buy a lottery ticket!!
post #7 of 13 Old 09-17-2004, 4:01 PM

Too close man, too close.

You should take that cribbing off the street, and to the track, so you can crib in a safe, controlled environment

Quote:

When I read that, I just imagined the sound that Wheezy made in Toy Story 2 (you know, the dusty penguin)
post #8 of 13 Old 09-17-2004, 4:16 PM

Glad you're ok keep your eyes peeled and keep away from mirrors and ladders for at least 2 weeks.
post #9 of 13 Old 09-17-2004, 5:39 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Garage

Close call ... Glad you're ok.

This reminds me of when my brother was almost hit by a semi on the interstate. It was many years ago when my brothers were getting started in their service stations. They had a full service Amoco on I-85 in Atl that offered wrecker service and serviced Amoco motorclub calls. They would handle several 'out of gas' or 'flat tire' calls a week with the vehicles being stranded on the interstate. These so-called 'easy calls' were once taken care of on the spot... gas added or spare installed. These roadside repairs came to an end when my brother had a four-way lug wrench knocked from his hand by a semi passing by. From that moment forward, all calls on the interstate were towed to the station regardless of nature.

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.
post #10 of 13 Old 09-18-2004, 2:03 AM

Quote:

That what happens to manly to you're within an inch of your life, the good thing is that you're here to tell the story about your ass hole puckering up
post #11 of 13 Old 09-18-2004, 2:12 AM

Glad to hear of the happy ending Schwaberts - please don't make that mistake again? (if in fact it was a mistake). Whatever, glad you're still with us dude!
post #12 of 13 Old 09-18-2004, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Was ya screaming like a bitch?
Hate to laugh at something like this but since you lived I guess we're allowed to right.
post #13 of 13 Old 09-18-2004, 11:58 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

people are stupid and again I say people can't drive.

I have a good story from work. I was in Wareham and I had 2 or 3 stops on a street named Cranberry Highway, if you're a driver around here you know that Cranberry Highway is Route 28. and the part of the street that these stops were at was also Route 6 and also right around where the highway exit was so I wrote on my paperwork that I wasn't gonna get them because it wasn't gonna stop on Route 6 (figured they'd already understand it was route 28). I had almost been run over and hit by 2 tractor trailers the last time I was there with my truck up on the curb with the drivers side tires touching the curb. Anyway my boss called me the next week asking why I didn't get the stuff and I told her that all those reasons. Its like hey moron, its a wicked busy street to begin with and lets think about this, you want me to stop there on a friday during the summer and its about a mile away from the bridge to Cape Cod, the most popular summer vacation spot in the area. You wanna die while picking up someones garbage (donations really but its all garbage to me) be my guest. I am truly convinced that no one besides me and maybe a couple other people in the world have a brain.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page