discrimination - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 09-21-2004, 3:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

discrimination

You guys wont believe this.

There is a bike shop right across from Road Atlanta called Bike Tronics that deals mostly with second hand Harleys and that type of bike. Well when I first moved here I took a set of F3 tires into them to have them changed, they charged me $50, I was ok with that and had a good time talking to the stereotypical old time Harley guy. he told me what they were doing trying to get legislature passed, bah, blah, blah. He told how they were trying to get "Sportbike" type in there for service and parts, etc.

So I thought I wold take them my tires to have new rubber put on for Jennings and one guy asked me what type of bike it was and told me no!! I was like WTF? and the other guy told me he would do it for $60 per tire , i said they were off the bike and that he had changed them 3-4 months ago for 50 for the set. He told me $70 for each. What a ********ing, mother****ing, good for nothing, peter puffer of an asshole, why would somebody be like that. The guy definetly needs the money, his shop is never packed. Why would somebody do that just because I did not ride a certain bike.

I have a strong urge to go and wait outside their shop until they leave on the hardleys and run them both off the road into a ditch somewhere. but luckily i am not that type of peron (shuddup NinerPilot)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-21-2004, 4:15 PM

post #3 of 12 Old 09-21-2004, 4:28 PM

Re: discrimination

Does that shop still rent Harleys? When I was at KSS on 02, we were all heading out of the classroom and heard a big screech of tires and then a loud crash. A car coming from the bottom of the hill came around the corner and took out a young guy that had just rented a bike. We all watched as the FD came and cleaned up the carnage while the Coroners crew picked up the pieces.

Interesting to note, as the shop hadn't cleared some 6 foot tall brush at the edge of their property and everyone in the class seemed to agree that the driver in the car couldn't see anyone pull out because the view was obstructed. Later on that day, the guys from the shop were out clearing all the brush . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 09-21-2004, 5:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtech
Does that shop still rent Harleys? When I was at KSS on 02, we were all heading out of the classroom and heard a big screech of tires and then a loud crash. A car coming from the bottom of the hill came around the corner and took out a young guy that had just rented a bike. We all watched as the FD came and cleaned up the carnage while the Coroners crew picked up the pieces.

Interesting to note, as the shop hadn't cleared some 6 foot tall brush at the edge of their property and everyone in the class seemed to agree that the driver in the car couldn't see anyone pull out because the view was obstructed. Later on that day, the guys from the shop were out clearing all the brush . . .

that is the shop i speak of. they do not rent harleys anymore and finally got rid of the trailer that said they do. they replaced the shrubbery with a white picket fence.

on a side not the shop next to them has a SWEEET ass viper race car
post #5 of 12 Old 09-21-2004, 5:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2OHOH2

are you offering to change tires for me
post #6 of 12 Old 09-21-2004, 5:20 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot

So did the Kawi shop help ya? And yes you are that type....
Chris
post #7 of 12 Old 09-21-2004, 5:38 PM

Bubba: You should be able to walk them into RA during any event (like STT) and get them changed for 20 or 30 bucks.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-21-2004, 5:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtech
Bubba: You should be able to walk them into RA during any event (like STT) and get them changed for 20 or 30 bucks.

i just got the tires yesterday and needed them changed before the end of next week
post #9 of 12 Old 09-21-2004, 5:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinerPilot
So did the Kawi shop help ya? And yes you are that type....
Chris

yeah - i am picking them up tomorrow. the guy told me i could sell the tires to stunnas for 125 for the set since they have the middle patch on them
post #10 of 12 Old 09-21-2004, 5:58 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba
yeah - i am picking them up tomorrow. the guy told me i could sell the tires to stunnas for 125 for the set since they have the middle patch on them
Really???!!!!

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.
post #11 of 12 Old 09-21-2004, 6:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr99xx
Really???!!!!

that is what i said. i asked him several times to clarify and i finally found out that all the take offs the shop gets (and charges you a disposal fee for) they turn around and sell them to a group of locals for 125/set and they use them for stunting.
post #12 of 12 Old 09-21-2004, 6:32 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba
that is what i said. i asked him several times to clarify and i finally found out that all the take offs the shop gets (and charges you a disposal fee for) they turn around and sell them to a group of locals for 125/set and they use them for stunting.
not a bad idea really, if you can't stop them atleast you can make a few bucks off them. besides a burnout is a much better way to get rid of some old rubber than to send it to a tire salvage place to be melted down and made into something else. but it sucks that they charge you a disposal fee and don't actually dispose of them, they should just call it a "temporary storage until the stunna comes in fee"

if you can't convince them, confuse them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page