So how long do I have? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 6:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs
So how long do I have?

Tonight i was on a cleaning rampage....well I went down to the shower and started using the cleaner KABOOM on the soap scum...and there was some mildew I wanted to blow away....well the Kaboom was one thing...but I wanted to use some bleach too...so I tossed some of that in the mix. So then the liquid turned to a white bubbly substance....right away I turned on the shower...my eyes started to water, and I could feel the gas in my lungs...I ran out of the room leaving the shower on, and the ceiling vent on...I then went back (about 10 Min later) and washed out the shower with a bucket of water. Now the crazy smell is gone (toxic gas of some sort) and I feel fine. So I am wondering how much longer is will be til I die. I really hope I did no perminat damage to myself. I felt fine after I got out of there.

On the back of the bottle it says do not mix with bleach/other items I probably should have paid more attention. Anyone else ever done something this retarded, that is willing to admit it?

Team Honda - well sorta...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 7:00 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Re: So how long do I have?

Call the poison control center. You'll probably be ok, but there's no harm in double checking.

I used to work for a swimming pool company and worked with some pretty nasty chemicals. I assure you, there's not much that can top opening a chlorinator to find a ton of wet chlorine that didn't disolve like it should have. It'll get ya quick.

Or how about accidentally mixing liquid chlorine with 20 muriatic acid.
post #3 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 7:01 PM

Reputation Power: 45

Yeah, in the shower actually. And it was worth it.

I worked in a hospital kitchen and a member of the morning crew (NOT ME!) mixed up some brew that led to evacuating a wing of the hospital.

...in bed.
-------------------------------------

...you are trying to insult me, and I agree it is very easy to do, if you haven't sufficient respect for yourself. - Tolstoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 7:02 PM

Reputation Power: 18

I did the exact same thing a few months ago. I definately felt like a dumbass after reading the bottle later.
post #5 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 7:04 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Lungs are pretty easily irritated, so your instinct probably kept you from getting seriously, or fatally, injured. Chalk it up to experience.

With all the Army NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) training I've had, and multiple gas chamber visits behind me, I don't think I would've reacted much better than you did.

"...and you fellas can back me up on this. Once you've seen one woman naked... you want to see the rest of them naked." -Ron White
post #6 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 7:04 PM

Reputation Power: 25

This year. Hmmmmmm, always something every year.

I bought one of those DVD/CD storage things at Best Buy. No screws or anything, it just sticks together. One day the damn thing is leaning so I try to push the sides together (too lazy to pull every DVD/CD out of the rack). I get it upright turn my back, and everything goes crushing down. I was so pissed, I threw of the pieces and it put a nice 1/2" gash in the wall.
But I didn't care, it's not my place, I'm just renting.

22 days until it begins...
post #7 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 7:06 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by booth23
This year. Hmmmmmm, always something every year.

I bought one of those DVD/CD storage things at Best Buy. No screws or anything, it just sticks together. One day the damn thing is leaning so I try to push the sides together (too lazy to pull every DVD/CD out of the rack). I get it upright turn my back, and everything goes crushing down. I was so pissed, I threw of the pieces and it put a nice 1/2" gash in the wall.
But I didn't care, it's not my place, I'm just renting.
Good story...
post #8 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 7:06 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to TGZ13

Been there.... done that.

When I was younger and working in a deli I made a home remedy for stubborn stains.. Lets just say it didnt go very well

Sound like you did the right thing by leaving immediately and you should be ok.... maybe
post #9 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 7:21 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

when I was little me and a friend took his chemistry set and mixed everything, yes everything including the sand and then threw in some medicine from the cabinet and one thing made the whole thing just bubble over and left a black stain on his rug. I miss being a kid.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #10 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 7:31 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Remember SMTB, when you name me your beneficiary, asiliat is spelled with an A.

Be fast or be last.
post #11 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 7:41 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

LOL!

Yeah, I called the posion control center...and they were like...no you didn't...I was like...YEAH, I did! I guess it was clorine gas...YUMMY..it will kill you. but I was not in there longer then 30 seconds, and I took care of it quick.

So I guess I am going to be sticking around for a while!

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #12 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 7:46 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmethebombs
LOL!

Yeah, I called the posion control center...and they were like...no you didn't...I was like...YEAH, I did! I guess it was clorine gas...YUMMY..it will kill you. but I was not in there longer then 30 seconds, and I took care of it quick.

wait so you're telling me if I take can make a homemade mustard gas bomb. in one balloon I have bleach then I put another balloon inside that one that has some Kaboom in it and then throw and kaboom (yes pun intended) people will be trying to throw up their own stomachs

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #13 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmethebombs
LOL!

Good to hear... My mix btw was amonia and bleach... what was I thinking
post #14 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 9:39 PM

Reputation Power: 22

Heres my toxic chem story.

I was removing the paint off my rims of 929 with that harsh smelling aircraft pain remover in the garage. It was in the middle of winter so i had to use a Diesel turbo heater. I got my rims close to done and fired up the heater. Went in the house for about 30 mins and came back out to the garage. walked in and took a deep breath and damn near passed out. got light headed instantly and couldnt breath, couldnt stop my eyes from watering, lungs burning. it really sucked
post #15 of 32 Old 09-30-2004, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegen
Heres my toxic chem story.

I was removing the paint off my rims of 929 with that harsh smelling aircraft pain remover in the garage. It was in the middle of winter so i had to use a Diesel turbo heater. I got my rims close to done and fired up the heater. Went in the house for about 30 mins and came back out to the garage. walked in and took a deep breath and damn near passed out. got light headed instantly and couldnt breath, couldnt stop my eyes from watering, lungs burning. it really sucked
nice going Stegen

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page