Eyebrow Piercing - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 3:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Eyebrow Piercing

I'm thinking of piercing my eyebrow. From what I understand they are pretty likely to grow out leaving a nice scar across the eyebrow. Which would suck.

Looking for some advice, and/or some of your experiences here. My wife doesn't want me to, but she's pretty closed minded and I'm not getting hardly any anyway, so I don't really care (I know ).

Thanks,

HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 3:31 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs
Re: Eyebrow Piercing

isn't Critz the man on this Topic?

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #3 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 3:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmethebombs
isn't Critz the man on this Topic?

Yes, and I considered PM'ing him, but figured that it didn't need to be private.

HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 3:37 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

FWIW everyone I have seen that has taken out their eyeborw piercing has had a scar. Maybe with Vitamin E it would make it "HELLO" but if you are not worried about it...I'd say go for it!

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #5 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 3:59 PM

you can do it, without many problems. Care is the most important part. Soak that bad boy for weeks, even when you haven't had any seepage/crusties for a while, still continue to soak it, I can't tell you that enough!

The guy I go to is really good (Critz' guy as well). Whoever you go to, make sure they use a curved ring for your brow. A straight one will most likely "grow out" as your body rejects the metal. At least this is what I have been told. The curved barbell (or whatever you choose) helps it match the curvature of your brow, therefore lowering the tension on the two holes so they heal. I had a hell of a time with my nipples healing until I got a captive bead on there that had a straight part. That made sure the metal exited the skin straight, therefore helping it heal.

Don't be afraid to ask the piercer questions or to go to several shops before letting someone stick you. If it heals well, there will be little to no scarring, so take care of it and soak it well and often!

my advice...
post #6 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 4:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwilli3
you can do it, without many problems. Care is the most important part. Soak that bad boy for weeks, even when you haven't had any seepage/crusties for a while, still continue to soak it, I can't tell you that enough!

The guy I go to is really good (Critz' guy as well). Whoever you go to, make sure they use a curved ring for your brow. A straight one will most likely "grow out" as your body rejects the metal. At least this is what I have been told. The curved barbell (or whatever you choose) helps it match the curvature of your brow, therefore lowering the tension on the two holes so they heal. I had a hell of a time with my nipples healing until I got a captive bead on there that had a straight part. That made sure the metal exited the skin straight, therefore helping it heal.

Don't be afraid to ask the piercer questions or to go to several shops before letting someone stick you. If it heals well, there will be little to no scarring, so take care of it and soak it well and often!

my advice...

You're talking about the saline soak (or something) right? How do you do that to your eyebrow?

HD
post #7 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 4:04 PM

O.K.
perhaps I am to old to understand why people do these things. Exactly what purpose does this serve? I understand "to each his own". I am not here to judge but help me try and understand this madness.

post #8 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 4:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colryn
O.K.
perhaps I am to old to understand why people do these things. Exactly what purpose does this serve? I understand "to each his own". I am not here to judge but help me try and understand this madness.

This guy that I work with says that it will give me "Street Cred" as a programmer.
post #9 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy-Dee
I'm thinking of piercing my eyebrow. From what I understand they are pretty likely to grow out leaving a nice scar across the eyebrow. Which would suck.

Looking for some advice, and/or some of your experiences here. My wife doesn't want me to, but she's pretty closed minded and I'm not getting hardly any anyway, so I don't really care (I know ).

Thanks,

HD
Depends on what you do for a living. It's kind of hard to be taken seriously at a hi-powered buisness meeting with a chunk of metal in your face. But if you run a septic truck or something it shouldn't be an issue. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but most people do.
post #10 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 4:11 PM

Quote:
You're talking about the saline soak (or something) right? How do you do that to your eyebrow?

HD
Use sea salt and warm water, nothing else (though, you'll hear different takes on that practice). You can either use cotton balls and soak/dab each hole (hold it there for a duration) and rotate them out every three minutes, or if you can get a good seal with a shot glass or small paper cup, completely submerse the piercing (works for ears, nipples, etc)... Though that probably won't work on your brow...

The warm water/sea salt will make the tissue soft around that area. It'll help get crusties out by making them soft. When things are soft in that region, you'll be able to move it around freely without damaging the tissue. Don't move it much, if at all, while its new! Move it carefully all other times as well. Sea Salt also changes the pH of things there, promoting healing. Clean it well in a hot shower with dial and that'll help, then soak it so the sea salt has a chance to "hang out" on the piercing throughout the day...
post #11 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 4:12 PM

Quote:
This guy that I work with says that it will give me "Street Cred" as a programmer.

Why would a programmer need this????

Come over here, I drive a nail into it for FREE!
post #12 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangina
Depends on what you do for a living. It's kind of hard to be taken seriously at a hi-powered buisness meeting with a chunk of metal in your face. But if you run a septic truck or something it shouldn't be an issue. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but most people do.
Very very true... Hell, I had nothing weird, just multiples in my ears and I periodically get weird looks. Get ready for the "did it hurt?" questions...
post #13 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 4:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangina
That's not an issue where I work. They only care how I perform. It's nice.

HD
post #14 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 4:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwilli3
Very very true... Hell, I had nothing weird, just multiples in my ears and I periodically get weird looks. Get ready for the "did it hurt?" questions...
I haven't had it done yet and I already know the answer...."HELL YEA!"
post #15 of 52 Old 10-07-2004, 4:22 PM

Quote:
I haven't had it done yet and I already know the answer...."HELL YEA!"
You'll get tired of it, trust me. My favorite answer is, "not as bad as my nipples did!" That normally invokes a weird stare and a look of confusion on their part.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page