School Dilemma UPDATED! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 11-02-2004, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

School Dilemma UPDATED!

So I found out today the final for one of my classes is on a Saturday (spread the word UMass blows) on this particular Sat I already have very important plans that I cant imagine bailing on. I dont think I have much of a chance of passing the class anyways so I think I'm going to bail on the final and go through with my prior obligations. The teacher said theres nothing she can do, since the school makes the final....now I'm at a loss, still got 6 weeks to decide though.

What a pointless post just had to share with somebody.

[Edit]
Got my last quiz back today, another 100....thats 100 on eveything in the past 6 weeks.....and I said it couldnt be done.....who knew
[/Edit]

Last edited by MrX954; 12-08-2004 at 1:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 11-02-2004, 12:51 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Re: School Dilema

If your saying a perfect score on your final will still get you a failing grade, then I would bail!! Is there no hope?
post #3 of 31 Old 11-02-2004, 1:08 PM Thread Starter

If my calculations are correct if I get 100 on the next 2 midterms, 3 quizes and the final I can pass by 4 points, but if I get any questions wrong on any of the previously stated, then I fail the course
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 11-02-2004, 1:24 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Study your butt off and pass the tests. Would you rather blow $XXXX for the class or miss/postpone a day of obligations?
post #5 of 31 Old 11-02-2004, 1:48 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

I tell ya, if there is one person I know that's always stuck between a rock and a hard place, it's MrX. If you know there is very little chance you will pass the class I say ditch it and do you previous plans, but you know me and school.

Dano

Dan
post #6 of 31 Old 11-02-2004, 2:03 PM

I hope spelling counts for nothin' in that class. (I'm not normally a spelling nazi, just found it ironic in this case)

Seriously, if you're past the drop date, you gotta soldier on and get whatever grade you can out of the class. An F will haunt you forever. A D is much better on the GPA. 6 weeks? Get off your ass, that's a long time. Most finals are worth up to half of your grade, so it's far from over. Go ask the teacher about what you can do to get caught up on the material. Ask for extra work to practice.

Whatever your committment is, explain that you have a final and need a couple of hours for it. End of story.

GET TO WORK

Last edited by luvtolean; 11-02-2004 at 2:14 PM.
post #7 of 31 Old 11-02-2004, 2:35 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

if you really need 100s on everything then what the hell have you been doing all semester so far?

When I was in college I took this art history class (part of my major) and there was a field trip to museums in NY and then you had to write a paper, but if you couldn't go on the trip he gave and alternate assignment for the museums in Boston. So the day of the trip was also 1 of 3 classroom sessions I had to learn to drive a bus so I had to go to that or I was out a good job. So I went to the museums in Boston and got what little info I could there because they didn;t have much on the subject and tried to write the paper but after like 4 hours and using all my info in maybe 3 paragraphs I said screw and didn't do it because if it was gonna suck I wouldn't get a good enough grade on that plus the final to get the C- I needed for the class. So I didn't write the paper and didn't go to the class anymore or the final (there was only like 3 weeks left) and took the F. it wasn't worth spending the effort for the F when I had to retake the class anyway.

So I say if you are pretty much guaranteed to fail then don't bother. Is it past withdrawal time already. at my school we had drop, then withdrawal where the prof didn't say fail or pass then withdrawal with either fail or pass tached on if they thought you might pass or fail. Took a withdraw pass my second time in that class even though there was no chance of passing. then finally my third time with the class I cheated my way through.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #8 of 31 Old 11-02-2004, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolean
An F will haunt you forever. A D is much better on the GPA.

If it's too late to drop then you have to do the best you can. I've been in similar situations in school and pulled it off. Good luck.
post #9 of 31 Old 12-08-2004, 1:14 AM Thread Starter

[Update]
Got my last quiz back today, another 100....thats 100 on eveything in the past 6 weeks.....and I said it couldnt be done.....who knew
[/Update]

...this does not help me in making it to Logan next Sat
post #10 of 31 Old 12-08-2004, 1:28 AM

Re: School Dilemma UPDATED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX954
[Edit]
[/Edit]
How could you possibly be failing a course if you have aced so many tests?! You musta really phucked up early on? At any rate, as others have said, stick it out and get that passing grade! We know you can do it, and the sheepster has faith in you! Think sheep!
post #11 of 31 Old 12-08-2004, 2:16 AM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 34

Quote:
are you flying or picking someone up?

FWIW I have court on the same day as a final...have you ever asked to take the test early? I bet the teacher would be receptive.

If you're in school, no matter who's paying for it - its #1, no if's and's or but's about it. If you make excuses you're only shorting yourself.

Logan? yeah like 122,000 people go there every day...and for 65$ one will go there AND back from your area, AND take the body you're bringing/getting/whatever. Unless YOU have the flight, in which case all I have to say is "hee haw"

School is not for skipping anymore, what you do not WILL Actually affect you for the rest of your life. No SADD presentation or pep rally, just your future. The longer you're in school, the longer you're not paying it off

p.s. I DEPLORE school! and do know/feel your pain. I took two days off this week do get **** done for a class I have a final due on this week. But I have court on that day and *know* my **** will be spent/stressed, so my final will be in a day early. Same school too btw
post #12 of 31 Old 12-08-2004, 9:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

Quote:

Logan you say, would this be for what I think it is for? If so, I can now see why you are having a huge problem with this choice. I wouldn't pass this thing up, you never know where it may go. Go for dude, and best of luck. You better let me know how it turns out.

Dano

Dan
post #13 of 31 Old 12-08-2004, 12:04 PM

Quote:
[B]Got my last quiz back today, another 100....thats 100 on eveything in the past 6 weeks.....and I said it couldnt be done.....who knew
Nice goin' man!

post #14 of 31 Old 12-08-2004, 1:26 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

so spill the beans are you going someplace or picking someone up.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #15 of 31 Old 12-08-2004, 1:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
so spill the beans are you going someplace or picking someone up.

I think I know what it is but I'll let him tell when he is ready. Let's just say this could be something he really needs in his life. Hell I think he deserves something to go the right way for once.

Dano

Dan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page