Shocked! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
 
showmethebombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-09-2001
Location: Vermont
Age: 42
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23
 
Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs
Shocked!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/12/chi....ap/index.html

Team Honda - well sorta...
showmethebombs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 10:41 AM
 
Join Date: 05-08-2003
Posts: 3,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Shocked!

That was one PO'd 6yo...
figment is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 10:41 AM
 
ND4SPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-07-2002
Location: US
Age: 16
Posts: 16,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 50
                     
Re: Shocked!

I was just reading that What's the avg size of a 6yr old vs the avg size of a grown man? Gimme a break, that was totally unnecessary. If that kid could outsmart all those adults, then they need to look for a new career.
ND4SPD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
 
showmethebombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-09-2001
Location: Vermont
Age: 42
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23
 
Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs
Re: Shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD
I was just reading that What's the avg size of a 6yr old vs the avg size of a grown man? Gimme a break, that was totally unnecessary. If that kid could outsmart all those adults, then they need to look for a new career.

I don't know...have you seen Chucky?

Team Honda - well sorta...
showmethebombs is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 10:50 AM
 
soon2b954's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-02-2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 47
Posts: 2,047
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20
 
Re: Shocked!

The new poster child for "Seek help now"
soon2b954 is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
 
showmethebombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-09-2001
Location: Vermont
Age: 42
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23
 
Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs
Re: Shocked!

Dude, the thing that really is wild is that the kid is 6! That is what grabs me. Maybe they ought to look a bit deeper at the parents on this one too.

Team Honda - well sorta...
showmethebombs is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 10:57 AM
 
soon2b954's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-02-2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 47
Posts: 2,047
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20
 
Re: Shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmethebombs
Dude, the thing that really is wild is that the kid is 6! That is what grabs me. Maybe they ought to look a bit deeper at the parents on this one too.
No doubt!! Society could not have done this much damage so soon. Look to the parents on this one!! Unless they find the child is unbalanced in some way mentally.
soon2b954 is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 11:06 AM
 
sheepofblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-13-2004
Location: Huntsville AL
Posts: 14,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48
                     
Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue
Re: Shocked!

This story amazes me. At first glance I thought what the $$$$, but then i read the story. You had a kid that had ALREADY injured himself threatening to do more. This did not seem to be an issue of officer safety rather the child's. Had the officer surged toward the child would he have cut an eye, slashed a wrist, plunged it into his stomach? I do not know but the method used seemed to be a safe one for the kid let alone the officers, had I been on location my opinion might be different but I doubt it. The news story implies a 'Oh my how horrible those terrible police' attitude, however if you read the story for facts not opinions you have a child that is safe and has no injuries with the exception of those already self inflicted prior to the officers arrival. I say good job to the officers.

Must obey the sheep dog
sheepofblue is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 11:07 AM
 
Skully's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-19-2002
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18
 
Re: Shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD
I was just reading that What's the avg size of a 6yr old vs the avg size of a grown man? Gimme a break, that was totally unnecessary. If that kid could outsmart all those adults, then they need to look for a new career.
Were you there?
Skully is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 11:19 AM
 
Join Date: 01-27-2003
Posts: 5,397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
           
Re: Shocked!

With today's sue happy people the police and the principal were most likely between a rock and a hard place. And where were the parents in this situation? Why didn't dad just walk over there and smack him upside the head?

Seems to me that a lot of times parents are just too afraid of their kids nowadays. Thinkin' we need to get back to some old school.



As we see this kindler gentler way is only making selfish brats......

Okay, off the box
Mojave954 is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 11:22 AM
 
Join Date: 05-26-2001
Posts: 4,725
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
             
Re: Shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue
This story amazes me. At first glance I thought what the $$$$, but then i read the story. You had a kid that had ALREADY injured himself threatening to do more. This did not seem to be an issue of officer safety rather the child's. Had the officer surged toward the child would he have cut an eye, slashed a wrist, plunged it into his stomach? I do not know but the method used seemed to be a safe one for the kid let alone the officers, had I been on location my opinion might be different but I doubt it. The news story implies a 'Oh my how horrible those terrible police' attitude, however if you read the story for facts not opinions you have a child that is safe and has no injuries with the exception of those already self inflicted prior to the officers arrival. I say good job to the officers.


How fast could that kid have cut his throat or hit an artery in the leg or arm, put out an eye? Pretty fast, I'd say.
Even the commy news people say the cops caught him before he hit the ground.
nhfirefighter13 is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 1:00 PM
 
Join Date: 08-01-2001
Posts: 14,390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: Shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave954
With today's sue happy people the police and the principal were most likely between a rock and a hard place. And where were the parents in this situation? Why didn't dad just walk over there and smack him upside the head?

Seems to me that a lot of times parents are just too afraid of their kids nowadays. Thinkin' we need to get back to some old school.
It doesn't say if the kid is handicapped or not, but if not, those are some really messed up parents. And I bet the losers sue.

It sounds to me like the cops made a good choice.



luvtolean is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 11-12-2004, 1:35 PM
 
CBR929RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-06-2004
Location: Randolph, MA
Age: 39
Posts: 12,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39
                 
Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: Shocked!

I agree that it was a good decision on the police's part. but 50k volts just seems like a lot even for a typical grown man of say 200lbs. My mom is a first grade teacher and she has this one kid who she sends to the office ateast 3 times every single day. she has to hold his hand when walking down the hall. She has more trouble with this kid than the rest of the class. She's talked to the kids mom and she said anytime he does something to call her even at work. My mom said that's rediculous because she can't go call her 20 times a day. She finally got to speak to the father once and he said he'd take care of it. I don't think he has. My mom says its gonna take her all year to get the kid put in the special needs class. I think this is her third year as a full time teacher and you should hear some of the stories she has about these kids. kids today are just seriously messed up. Last year she held a kid back because he really didn't learn anything because the mom took him out of school early every day, let him stay home a lot. And then she had the nerve to say my mom is wrong and she was gonna transfer the kid to another school.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
CBR929RE is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
shocked bubba Off-Topic 1 05-24-2004 10:42 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome