Chain getting banned WTF?!!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 7:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Chain getting banned WTF?!!!

I cannot believe that Chain got banned because of a posting of a video. This is the same guy who has posted THOUSANDS of threads on interesting topics that pertain to motorcycling.

The videos in question are a couple of KLR stuntin' vids. GIVE ME A BREAK. Talk about being OVER-MODERATED. In fact, Chain was a moderator on the svrider board and he never abused that privilege.

Conq, I want a more valid reason why Chain was banned then posting a couple of stupid stunting videos by a guy on a Kawasaki KLR. This sounds like a personal thing you have against Chain. It's obvious that he's well liked AND MISSED on this board. What gives?!

Last edited by Kidder; 11-17-2004 at 11:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 7:56 AM

Re: Chain getting banned WTF?!!!

Agreed. And the response of "if you don't like it leave" is extrememly tired on this site and is not necessay.

As a contributing member to this site, I belive that I have a vested interest in this site and deserve more respectful treatment in these matters.

It is understandable that "rules are rules" and we too need to be respectful of Conq and his site. But this seems a bit extreme to me and obviously a number of folks on this site.

A number of people have posted similar items and there have never been any issues. Why has this been handled so differently?

Last edited by pdx954; 11-17-2004 at 7:57 AM.
post #3 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 8:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder
I cannot believe that Chain got banned because of a posting of a posting of a video. This is the same guy who has posted THOUSANDS of threads on interesting topics that pertain to motorcycling.

The videos in question are a couple of KLR stuntin' vids. GIVE ME A BREAK. Talk about being OVER-MODERATED. In fact, Chain was a moderator on the svrider board and he never abused that privilege.

Conq, I want a more valid reason why Chain was banned then posting a couple of stupid stunting videos by a guy on a Kawasaki KLR. This sounds like a personal thing you have against Chain. It's obvious that he's well liked AND MISSED on this board. What gives?!
I dont know what you are talking about.... but on the flipside I am sure someone walks up to Chain and asks " I rip the do not remove tags off pillows, threw away the jury duty summons and have some unpaid parking tickets....is there a way to find out if there is a warrant on me?

A plea for help! Kinda like turning yourself in I say.

I think you guys are getting yanked.. his profile dunt say nuthin special.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 8:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

First, anyone who wants their money refunded can contact me. It'll be done. No questions asked.

Secondly, Kidder and PDX, this was NOT for a one time thing. It was over, and over, and over, and over, after he had been reminded many times about the site rules.

Think about this: Chain always said he gives motorcyclists breaks when he's on patrol. Do you think he would do that if the same person was doing the same thing, over, and over, and over? I think not. The first couple of times, you give them the benefit of the doubt. After that, they're just thumbing their nose at you.
post #5 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 8:15 AM
Max

Owning and running my own forum does give me an insight so let me advise you on this post. Forums are not democratic societies, they are the work and effort of a few enjoyed by all. To question in the open forum how one is run and who stays and who goes shows a lack of respect for the hours and hours of work it takes to make one of these things work and run. Be advised that you would be better served to question this in private. My 2 cents in the matter.
post #6 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 8:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqSoft
First, anyone who wants their money refunded and their account removed can contact me. It'll be done. No questions asked.

Secondly, Kidder and PDX, this was NOT for a one time thing. It was over, and over, and over, and over, after he had been reminded many times about the site rules.

Think about this: Chain always said he gives motorcyclists breaks when he's on patrol. Do you think he would do that if the same person was doing the same thing, over, and over, and over? I think not. The first couple of times, you give them the benefit of the doubt. After that, they're just thumbing their nose at you.
Thanks for the explanation and the offer, but I would never ask for it back.

I still don't understand it, just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. But I guess it's your call.
post #7 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 8:53 AM

Rules are rules. Ya sign up and you agree to abide by 'em. He being in the police force should, of all people, know this and be a shining example.

There are my pennies...

??? Is it a forever ban?

Hmmm, cops speed and then bust us for the same criminal act?
post #8 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 8:56 AM
SPEED

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Why doesn't it say "Banned" or "Deleted" where Chain's name is?

Sorry, I missed what he posted, was it just a wheelie pic?
post #9 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 9:26 AM

The latest one was two stunting videos... Before, it was pictures, and another video or two.
post #10 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 9:36 AM
APTZ

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Motorush anyone?

www.motorush.com
post #11 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 9:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave954
He being in the police force should, of all people, know this and be a shining example.
I have my sneaking suspicions that Chain intentionally broke the rules so Conq would ban him, so he wouldn't have to fight the urge to visit the site.

I think the dude needs professional help.
post #12 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 9:39 AM

This is disapointing. Conq, it's your site and you say that Chain broke the rules. Personally I can only think of one pic that Chain posted that falls into this category. But you would know better than I. I can think of one post that was up for a min or so before he edited it to remove the bad content.

I guess I just feel like he added a lot to the site, and the benefits of banning him do not outweigh the loss.

Just my two cents, for what it's worth.

HD
post #13 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
I have my sneaking suspicions that Chain intentionally broke the rules so Conq would ban him, so he wouldn't have to fight the urge to visit the site.
That was my thought. Anyone close enough to say hello to him and keep human contact while he's going through a difficult time?
post #14 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 9:43 AM

Be sure to read my post, HD.
post #15 of 86 Old 11-17-2004, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy-Dee
Personally I can only think of one pic that Chain posted that falls into this category.
That's because they are removed when they are found...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page