color suggestions - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 11-21-2004, 8:12 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-06-2003
Posts: 3,595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
color suggestions

I am looking for color suggestions for my shop.

I just put down the gray epoxy floor with paint chips and now i want to paint it. I need a color that will help lighten the room, but can not be white because when i rev the bikes to 11k grease from the chain flings all over everything.

seriously, what colors would one consider for a shop. and NO honda red is NOT an option.
bubba is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 Old 11-21-2004, 8:21 PM
 
Join Date: 11-22-2003
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: color suggestions

Bright Pink
Tavish is offline  
post #3 of 27 Old 11-21-2004, 8:35 PM
 
HondaGalToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-29-2001
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 6,731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 31
             
Re: color suggestions

How many points is that deer you got?
HondaGalToo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 27 Old 11-21-2004, 9:11 PM
 
Join Date: 11-26-2002
Location: S2KI.com
Posts: 2,326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19
 
Re: color suggestions

bubba, not sure if you saw my post in the other thread but, what brand epoxy did you end up using and how long was your garage "off limits"?

Paint the bottom half or first 2-3 ft. the same as the floor and then white the rest of the way to the ceiling. All three walls in mine are white, it's not as bad as you might think, unless of course you plan on slaughter deer in the garage too. You really do want as much white as possible for obvious reasons. I swear you could perform surgery in my garage, it's that bright.

Insignificant Member
freq is offline  
post #5 of 27 Old 11-22-2004, 12:11 AM
 
EDDIE110171's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-25-2004
Location: MIAMI, FL, USA.
Age: 48
Posts: 1,848
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17
 
Send a message via AIM to EDDIE110171
Re: color suggestions

Safety yellow.

"another beautiful theory beaten to death by a gang of ruthless facts..."
- Tom Hanna (Master Metalshaper/Nitrogeezer)
EDDIE110171 is offline  
post #6 of 27 Old 11-22-2004, 12:40 AM
 
CBR929RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-06-2004
Location: Randolph, MA
Age: 39
Posts: 12,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39
                 
Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: color suggestions

so no Winning Red. do all white with big red honda wings.

how about Suzuki blue or Kawasaki Lime Green?

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
CBR929RE is offline  
post #7 of 27 Old 11-22-2004, 1:46 AM
 
NinerPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-06-2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Age: 39
Posts: 3,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25
       
Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot
Re: color suggestions

I agree with freq. The dark lower will hide marks from things such as tires, rolling stools, etc. Id go with 3 feet from the bottom. The white will really reflect the light. If you notice, professional shops are all white. I would also go get a couple of flourecent lights to put up as incandesant doesnt do it justice.
NinerPilot is offline  
post #8 of 27 Old 11-22-2004, 2:15 AM
Zop
 
Join Date: 04-27-2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 47
Posts: 2,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19
 
Send a message via MSN to Zop
Re: color suggestions

Purple floor with pink walls

Yes it's Fast. No you can't ride it.
Zop is offline  
post #9 of 27 Old 11-22-2004, 2:53 AM
Supporting Member
 
SomeStrangeGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-23-2001
Location: Around here.
Posts: 4,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 34
                 
Re: color suggestions

I went with the battleship gray for the floor, dark enough it hides most of the dirt/tire marks and light enough I can still find stuff when I drop it.

going up 2-3' is a good eye deer, make sure you get those cold-start florescents too...oh wait, you're down there now, nevermind .

Don't forget to dig out the wallet for the lighting. Bright lights are good in the workplace but even better at making big shadows...so you'll want to have lots all around.
SomeStrangeGuy is offline  
post #10 of 27 Old 11-22-2004, 9:52 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-06-2003
Posts: 3,595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Re: color suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by freq
bubba, not sure if you saw my post in the other thread but, what brand epoxy did you end up using and how long was your garage "off limits"?

Paint the bottom half or first 2-3 ft. the same as the floor and then white the rest of the way to the ceiling. All three walls in mine are white, it's not as bad as you might think, unless of course you plan on slaughter deer in the garage too. You really do want as much white as possible for obvious reasons. I swear you could perform surgery in my garage, it's that bright.

great idea, never thought of that

The epoxy said 72 hours before heavy foot traffic and equipment. i had to put my bikes back in there, but nothing else is in there and it has been 5 days now. It has also been around 70 here for the past 8 days or so, I think that will help cure it as well.

It is not my garage, I have a room that is attached to my garage via double doors that I am using as my M/C room and now am turning it into a shop.
bubba is offline  
post #11 of 27 Old 11-22-2004, 9:53 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-06-2003
Posts: 3,595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Re: color suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinerPilot
I agree with freq. The dark lower will hide marks from things such as tires, rolling stools, etc. Id go with 3 feet from the bottom. The white will really reflect the light. If you notice, professional shops are all white. I would also go get a couple of flourecent lights to put up as incandesant doesnt do it justice.

I was going to put up 2 x 6ft flourecent lights and the ceiling fan in the middle. I think that should be good.
bubba is offline  
post #12 of 27 Old 11-22-2004, 4:02 PM
 
Join Date: 11-26-2002
Location: S2KI.com
Posts: 2,326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19
 
Re: color suggestions

I have a larger 2 car garage, the floor is gray and needs to be re-done, the walls and door are all white, the ceiling is done in a reflective Celo-Tex (think aluminum foil w/ insulation). I have 4 light fixtures and each of them has 4 4ft tubes in them. I also have 1 200watt incandescent, all five of these come on with the same switch. I also have a wall / floor / portable 500 watt Halogen lamp in addition to all of that.

It is operating room bright, just like you want it. Spend the $$ on good lighting.

bubba, answer my question, what brand?

Insignificant Member

Last edited by freq; 11-22-2004 at 4:04 PM.
freq is offline  
post #13 of 27 Old 11-22-2004, 4:12 PM
 
NinerPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-06-2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Age: 39
Posts: 3,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25
       
Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot
Re: color suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba

It is not my garage, I have a room that is attached to my garage via double doors that I am using as my M/C room and now am turning it into a shop.

Shop / Trophyroom....
Chris
NinerPilot is offline  
post #14 of 27 Old 11-22-2004, 5:31 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-06-2003
Posts: 3,595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Re: color suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by freq
I have a larger 2 car garage, the floor is gray and needs to be re-done, the walls and door are all white, the ceiling is done in a reflective Celo-Tex (think aluminum foil w/ insulation). I have 4 light fixtures and each of them has 4 4ft tubes in them. I also have 1 200watt incandescent, all five of these come on with the same switch. I also have a wall / floor / portable 500 watt Halogen lamp in addition to all of that.

It is operating room bright, just like you want it. Spend the $$ on good lighting.

bubba, answer my question, what brand?
sorry bro - it was rustoleum
bubba is offline  
post #15 of 27 Old 11-22-2004, 7:16 PM
Supporting Member
 
SomeStrangeGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-23-2001
Location: Around here.
Posts: 4,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 34
                 
Re: color suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba
sorry bro - it was rustoleum
the stuff @ target for ~40$? for garages? damn, I'm impressed.
SomeStrangeGuy is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome