Political Correctness by ?? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 12-03-2004, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

Political Correctness by ??

This was emailed to me and I thought it had some valid points. This is from ??. So this maybe old info and a possible re-post.

?? said a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim o f anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...
Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door. Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement.
And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

And if you don't like my point of view, tough...

DONíT PASS IT ON!!

Last edited by Gecko5; 12-03-2004 at 11:16 PM. Reason: see first reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Garage
Re: Political Correctness by Andy Rooney

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-03-2004, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 15

Re: Political Correctness by Andy Rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr99xx
cbr99xx, Thanks for the info about the author issue. But, who ever said this had some valid points.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-04-2004, 5:18 AM

Reputation Power: 20

Re: Political Correctness by ??

O-Boy I would like to add to this from a different point of view but I would just get

Don't drive a hearse in the carpool lane.
F.D. 2844

Last edited by coderedcbr; 12-04-2004 at 6:04 AM.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-04-2004, 1:41 PM

Reputation Power: 29

Do it codered! Getting flamed can be a very enlightening experience.

Here in Oz
post #6 of 9 Old 12-05-2004, 5:54 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy1600

He forgot to add

"If I wanna **** my sister whos right is it to stop me?"

and

"what would happen if my trailer park buddies started wailin' on people for being from the 'burbs? Before mama could get the moonpie coolin' on the widersil they'ed be buring confederate flags in the street....dat's what"

Poking the Devil with a stick then running away
post #7 of 9 Old 12-05-2004, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus
Do it codered! Getting flamed can be a very enlightening experience.
There are a few things I could touch on this topic, but I tried to pick one or I could be here all day.

OK I think I will try, but let me say this first I DO NOT SPEAK FOR ALL BLACK PEOPLE OR ANY MINORITY. Just my self and my experiences in my 33 years of life I'm no Jesses Jackson or Al Sharpton(sp) I feel these guys do more harm than good and just pulls people apart and finger point. I am a human first and love all people no matter race, sex, age, or religion I believe that you should not fear another person because they are different that you. You could lean something new, which I think is cool. Please read with an open heart and open mind.

I will pick the Miss America Pageant because it is a contest of talent a beauty and is a scholarship program.

Many of these originations like the Black Miss America where formed because Black woman were excluded from the Miss America Pageant started in 1921 which is largest scholarship program for woman. It was for White woman only.

The first African Americans to appear in the Miss America came onstage as 'slaves' for a musical number in 1923. It was not until 1970 that a black woman, Iowa's Cheryl Brown, won a state title and made it to Atlantic City as a contestant. Lencola Sullivan, Miss Arkansas 1980, was the first African American to make it to the top five. In 1984 Vanessa Williams became the first black Miss America, so for 51 years it could be called the White Miss America Pageant there was no Asian, Hispanic, Native person, or Black allowed in.

If you look at the history of most minority organizations the where formed because the other originations where white only. These organizations are not formed to exclude whites. I know there have been a number of white quarterbacks that played at black colleges on scholarship so it does go both ways. I donít get mad when a woman gets money for school because of her sex. That is a good thing. The Hispanic Miss America was started in 1986.

I know it may seem unfair to a white person that these programs are around and yes they may have out lived there usefulness in some cases, but no one was saying how come we donít have a Miss America that is of Asian decent in 1968. When we stop having The First Black, Asian, Hispanic, & Native person to do something we would have made great strides as humans.

That is all

Pour the gas on me

PS "I'm not racist some of best friends are White"

F.D. 2844
post #8 of 9 Old 12-05-2004, 3:55 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderedcbr
There are a few things I could touch on this topic, but I tried to pick one or I could be here all day.

OK I think I will try, but let me say this first I DO NOT SPEAK FOR ALL BLACK PEOPLE OR ANY MINORITY. Just my self and my experiences in my 33 years of life I'm no Jesses Jackson or Al Sharpton(sp) I feel these guys do more harm than good and just pulls people apart and finger point. I am a human first and love all people no matter race, sex, age, or religion I believe that you should not fear another person because they are different that you. You could lean something new, which I think is cool. Please read with an open heart and open mind.

I will pick the Miss America Pageant because it is a contest of talent a beauty and is a scholarship program.

Many of these originations like the Black Miss America where formed because Black woman were excluded from the Miss America Pageant started in 1921 which is largest scholarship program for woman. It was for White woman only.

The first African Americans to appear in the Miss America came onstage as 'slaves' for a musical number in 1923. It was not until 1970 that a black woman, Iowa's Cheryl Brown, won a state title and made it to Atlantic City as a contestant. Lencola Sullivan, Miss Arkansas 1980, was the first African American to make it to the top five. In 1984 Vanessa Williams became the first black Miss America, so for 51 years it could be called the White Miss America Pageant there was no Asian, Hispanic, Native person, or Black allowed in.

If you look at the history of most minority organizations the where formed because the other originations where white only. These organizations are not formed to exclude whites. I know there have been a number of white quarterbacks that played at black colleges on scholarship so it does go both ways. I donít get mad when a woman gets money for school because of her sex. That is a good thing. The Hispanic Miss America was started in 1986.

I know it may seem unfair to a white person that these programs are around and yes they may have out lived there usefulness in some cases, but no one was saying how come we donít have a Miss America that is of Asian decent in 1968. When we stop having The First Black, Asian, Hispanic, & Native person to do something we would have made great strides as humans.

That is all

Pour the gas on me

PS "I'm not racist some of best friends are White"
I agree with you but also aren't we past the point of having to separate them. or we should be past it. but its because they persist that the "big one" such as the regular Miss America is still predominantly white. these segregated things might actually be taking away from the original goals now.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-05-2004, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
I agree with you but also aren't we past the point of having to separate them. or we should be past it. but its because they persist that the "big one" such as the regular Miss America is still predominantly white. these segregated things might actually be taking away from the original goals now.
Well, most of the US population is white so the majority of the contestants should be white. There has to be one Asian, Hispanic, or Native person in the US that should be able to win I hope. I know the odds are not even how many Asian or Hispanic woman representing Montana are there going to be. Sometimes change is slow I'm sure if a non-black woman wanted to compete in the black Miss America she would be let in. Like I said there are originations may have out live there usefulness but I also think they are used for scholarships and I will never say don't help people who want to better themselves by going to College. I don't care if the KKK had a scholarship program. If they are going to pay to help me become a smarter person

I also want to say there should be scholarships for whites only (don't tell me they are not out there they are you have to look) its not a bad thing just like there are scholarships for Asians, blacks, Hispanics, & Native people.

F.D. 2844

Last edited by coderedcbr; 12-05-2004 at 4:29 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page