How to get rid of that exhaust-fume smell after a ride - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 1:23 PM Thread Starter
DUX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 21

How to get rid of that exhaust-fume smell after a ride

http://www.supersundayonline.com/cgi...story=1&ID=443

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 2:02 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: How to get rid of that exhaust-fume smell after a ride

so does it smell like that motorcycle smell you get after a ride. I don't get why you'd want that without actually going for the ride. I guess the cruiser guys really are just looking for the image and now they can just add the scent without doing any of the riding. they say its a pleasant fragrance but what the hell does that mean? they coulda given a little bit more info, does it smell like a typical cologne or does it have some kind of motorcycle smell to it?

anyone else remember that thread awhile back where the guy asked how he could keep himself from smelling like that after a ride?

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #3 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 2:07 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
so does it smell like that motorcycle smell you get after a ride. I don't get why you'd want that without actually going for the ride. I guess the cruiser guys really are just looking for the image and now they can just add the scent without doing any of the riding. they say its a pleasant fragrance but what the hell does that mean? they coulda given a little bit more info, does it smell like a typical cologne or does it have some kind of motorcycle smell to it?

anyone else remember that thread awhile back where the guy asked how he could keep himself from smelling like that after a ride?
"Pleasant fragrance" from a guy is usually a polite way of saying he ripped one. This current perfume, body splash and other crud for guys scares me more than the earring thing did. Yet another delta to move the sheep further from style...

Must obey the sheep dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue
"Pleasant fragrance" from a guy is usually a polite way of saying he ripped one. This current perfume, body splash and other crud for guys scares me more than the earring thing did. Yet another delta to move the sheep further from style...
haha don't joke shops already have "fart perfume"?
I bet this stuff is just the Pauls fart in colored water then quickly put it in a bottle.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 12-05-2004 at 2:10 PM.
post #5 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 2:46 PM Thread Starter
DUX

Quote:

Hey ... I'm a cruiser guy too, but not concerned at all about the "image." I wear full-face, gloves, and and armored jacket...even in summer. Please don't lump me in with the boys who park their Harleys outside a bar on a beautiful sunny weekend and spend the whole day looking out the window at it instead of riding

The fart perfume thing might be close to target. After meeting Paul Sr., I bet he likes the smell of his own and thinks the world should share in the aroma

Last edited by DUX; 12-05-2004 at 2:47 PM.
post #6 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUX
Hey ... I'm a cruiser guy too, but not concerned at all about the "image." I wear full-face, gloves, and and armored jacket...even in summer. Please don't lump me in with the boys who park their Harleys outside a bar on a beautiful sunny weekend and spend the whole day looking out the window at it instead of riding

The fart perfume thing might be close to target. After meeting Paul Sr., I bet he likes the smell of his own and thinks the world should share in the aroma
ok I take it back the Hardley and Hardley wannabe's are the ones who are after image. you buy a Harley for image not for riding, why would anyone buy a vehicle that has a factory oil leak. People who ride Japanese cruisers usually have atleast 3/4 helmets and gloves and some kind of decent jacket on.

post #7 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 3:52 PM Thread Starter
DUX

Quote:
why would anyone buy a vehicle that has a factory oil leak.
One day we put a little puddle of oil under a guys bike in the parking lot. Although environmentally unsound, it was really funny to see his face as we walked out at the end of the day
post #8 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 4:00 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Quote:
ok I take it back the Hardley and Hardley wannabe's are the ones who are after image. you buy a Harley for image not for riding, why would anyone buy a vehicle that has a factory oil leak. People who ride Japanese cruisers usually have atleast 3/4 helmets and gloves and some kind of decent jacket on.
With my powerball winnings I plan on buying a Lowrider and BMW R1150RT. Don't knock Harleys just because of some of the people that own them are losers. Dad had a Lowrider that I used to ride before some %^&^^@ stole it, and it was a very enjoyable bike. Not a 1000RR but then neither is my Ascot

Must obey the sheep dog
post #9 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUX
One day we put a little puddle of oil under a guys bike in the parking lot. Although environmentally unsound, it was really funny to see his face as we walked out at the end of the day
I take it it was not a harley cause given enough time they leak on their own. my friend's father who has a 65 XLCH (its actually kind nice, but loudest thing ever) and he says he's never seen a Harley that doesn't leak.

post #10 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 4:13 PM Thread Starter
DUX

It was a Harley, and owned by one of those guys who looks down on anything else for no good reason. We give him a hard time whenever we get the chance.

I think they build some good looking machines, just not anywhere worth the hype. They only real problem I have with them is some of the riders who are morons think that if it's not a Harley, it isn't a bike. It's really funny in Delaware. In addition to all of that, the riders who don't wear helmets turn their noses up at the ones who do.
post #11 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 5:03 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to TGZ13

If you dont smell like exhaust fumes after a ride then you didnt stay out long enough
post #12 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 8:50 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Fox Racing or AlpineStars will be marketing my own patented cologne called "Two Stroke". Watch for it.

Insignificant Member
post #13 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUX
It was a Harley, and owned by one of those guys who looks down on anything else for no good reason. We give him a hard time whenever we get the chance.

I think they build some good looking machines, just not anywhere worth the hype. They only real problem I have with them is some of the riders who are morons think that if it's not a Harley, it isn't a bike. It's really funny in Delaware. In addition to all of that, the riders who don't wear helmets turn their noses up at the ones who do.
yeah thats the attitude I hate. that one about the helmet guys is pretty bad. My friend's dad is the only harley rider I really know and he's cool. We give each other crap all the time. He tried to give me and a friend crap for our bikes coming with tool kits. we mentioned that Mercs come with tool kits. and I said its just "adjustability in a bag" and we could take most of the bike apart without buying a single tool.

post #14 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 9:45 PM Thread Starter
DUX

Quote:
He tried to give me and a friend crap for our bikes coming with tool kits.
Every Harley rider around me has paid big $$$ to add a chrome or leather tool kit with a HD logo to thier bike.
post #15 of 20 Old 12-05-2004, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUX
Every Harley rider around me has paid big $$$ to add a chrome or leather tool kit with a HD logo to thier bike.
awesome. its always handy to have some tools with you. Back in college me and a coworker got to drive the athletic teams (in addition to the driving the bus on campus) and we drove the volleyball team to Maine one time and we found an Ames going out of business and they had this cheap tool kit that was like 70% off so it cost me $10, I keep that in my car trunk just in case.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page