I hate UPS - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 8:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue
I hate UPS

Does anyone else have problems with them? Or do they just hate me also? Every time I get a package that requires a signature it requires hours worth of fighting and arguing to get my package This despite the office being less than 5 miles from my house

I was determined to only make one effort this time and not get screwed around, rather if necessary to let the package just go back. Guess what I am going back tomorrow!!!!

Hope they treat others better

Must obey the sheep dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 8:24 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Re: I hate UPS

If you only knew..... Try receiving a package sent from the US to Canada via UPS!! The brokerage fees are out of this world!! I have now learned that if someone is not willing to ship USPS I simply will not buy from them!! Good luck.
post #3 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 8:27 PM

Reputation Power: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue
Every time I get a package that requires a signature it requires hours worth of fighting and arguing to get my package This despite the office being less than 5 miles from my house
Details please - why is it a battle?

Locally, depending on the neighborhood one lives in, the driver will just leave a package on your porch, behind something, etc. (this, of course, applies to packages not requiring a sig. Still blows me away though, as anyone could claim they never got the package, and UPS would be liable.

Here in Oz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 8:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus
Details please - why is it a battle?

Locally, depending on the neighborhood one lives in, the driver will just leave a package on your porch, behind something, etc. (this, of course, applies to packages not requiring a sig. Still blows me away though, as anyone could claim they never got the package, and UPS would be liable.
I get lots of stuff left (have a walk in front door area and I am on a hill so it is fairly hidden) if they do that other than the weird hours (I have had them stop at 8PM in non-holiday season or 9AM) they are OK.

But if you go to the office people refuse to help, send you elsewhere to someone that repeats etc. Tonight I got into the office and they said they can't help I had to call the 800 number. So I run to the house (blood boiling already because I see it coming AGAIN) and call the number. An automated voice tells me the package was not delivered today (duh!) and to go to the website . Go to the website and cannot find anywhere to schedule a pickup at their office. So I go back to the office, of course now the person I dealt with is gone. So I go to the after hours pickup office, nope changed procedure go ask the lady toward the front. Go back up front and she says nope can't help you go see the people in back. Go back in, naw some tail off this guy who finally takes an interest in doing something. Of course he complains that I didn't call the number that doesn't work Finally after 1 1/2 of trying to get an answer he tells me I can wait for 2 more house to get the package . Now everyone makes mistakes but there was another fellow in getting the exact same treatment and he had been there 3 days running! Also this happens EVERY time they want signature. I usually pay more for express shipping so I don't have to deal with them (did this time and got 1/2 FedEx the other from UPS ) To make matters worse I have company coming this weekend and need to steam clean the living room and don't have time to deal with them.

Must obey the sheep dog
post #5 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 8:55 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Garage

I deal with UPS on a daily basis... They are never wrong... Just ask them.

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.
post #6 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 8:59 PM

Reputation Power: 50

I have similar luck with ISP's. Call Adelphia's level 2 Internet support and ask them if they know me...I guarantee you they will say "ooooh, that guy". Getting to be that way with a couple others as well
post #7 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 9:00 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Quote:
Does anyone else have problems with them? Or do they just hate me also? Every time I get a package that requires a signature it requires hours worth of fighting and arguing to get my package This despite the office being less than 5 miles from my house

I was determined to only make one effort this time and not get screwed around, rather if necessary to let the package just go back. Guess what I am going back tomorrow!!!!

Hope they treat others better
Just get the **** delivered at work, much easier
post #8 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 9:04 PM

Reputation Power: 29

sheep, sounds like you have an extraordinarily f!cked up office there. Don't blame you for being pissed. And booth's suggestion merits highly!

Here in Oz
post #9 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 9:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by booth23
Just get the **** delivered at work, much easier
I work offsite at another company in a secure facility, not an option Strange packages are treated harshly

The sad part is I can drive home (25 miles) get the Fed-Ex tag off the door drive all the way back to Fed-Ex which is a few miles from work, and get the package that night every time no hassle and faster than from someone that is right up the road. Airborne is just about the same as Fed-Ex although I have not got anything from them lately, ditto on Fed-Ex ground and even USPS.

Of course on Fed-Ex and airborne I can also have the package held and grab it easily at lunch.

Oh well my rage is subsiding after a bit of ranting and some rotisserie pork loin

Must obey the sheep dog
post #10 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 9:47 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Quote:
I work offsite at another company in a secure facility, not an option Strange packages are treated harshly

The sad part is I can drive home (25 miles) get the Fed-Ex tag off the door drive all the way back to Fed-Ex which is a few miles from work, and get the package that night every time no hassle and faster than from someone that is right up the road. Airborne is just about the same as Fed-Ex although I have not got anything from them lately, ditto on Fed-Ex ground and even USPS.

Of course on Fed-Ex and airborne I can also have the package held and grab it easily at lunch.

Oh well my rage is subsiding after a bit of ranting and some rotisserie pork loin
Well I used to run an electronic music store (vinyl only). I got shipments every Wednesday from those ****ers (UPS and FedEX). What I did, to get around the bullshit, is go to the hub, get their address and have the shipper ship it to their address (UPS and FedEx have a form for this). That way it never gets on a truck, it gets delivered to your closest hub, and stays there until you pick it up. Do that. Bastard UPS driver knew we opened at noon (no one buys vinyl before noon) and would come at like 11am every ****ing time. I caught up to his bullshit and would drive around Deep Ellum until I found the ****er, half the time he'd be eating his lunch in his truck in some back alley someplace, hiding.
post #11 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 9:56 PM Thread Starter

Of course the saving grace that kept me well away from going UPSoastal was I got to ride the CBR to work today

Must obey the sheep dog

Last edited by sheepofblue; 12-08-2004 at 9:58 PM.
post #12 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 9:58 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Hate em too. Given the choice, I pick FedEx, AirEx, DHL, and even USPS every time.

UPS is pronounced "oops", as in "UPS, we ****ed you again."

"...and you fellas can back me up on this. Once you've seen one woman naked... you want to see the rest of them naked." -Ron White
post #13 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 10:07 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Try shipping a firearm with them. PITA.

I came here to chew bubble gum and to kick some ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum.
post #14 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 10:45 PM

Reputation Power: 22

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Diablo

My other house had kids jumping the back fence and running through the yard. If the UPS guy didnt find me home I signed the door tag and it was there next day.

Where I live now...The Dam UPS guy comes around no sooner then 5PM and as late as 7:30PM. Never knocks just leaves a package on the doorstep. I am in a nicer neighborhood but my doorstep is in the wide open and 8 feet from the sidewalk. I have a highschool in walking distance.

I have had Ipods and stereos just sitting out front for hours.

The fedex guy takes the cake. He came by twice and he missed me the first time. Next package was 2 cakeboxes of blank dvds in a cardboard box. He dropped it over my 6ft high side fence! Reminds me I need to check those out.
post #15 of 33 Old 12-08-2004, 10:51 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

they're also more expensive from everytime I deal with them. next time you go down and they tell you to call then number just ask for the phone and call the number right there in front of them.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page