My Steelers are 13-1! (or at least they used to be!) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 1:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 28

My Steelers are 13-1! (or at least they used to be!)

Reminds me of the glory days of the Steel Curtain and Terrible Towel!

I still don't know if they're 'The Team' this year, but they've got a shot at going all the way with home field advantage. I've been a Steelers guy since I was old enough to talk. Got indoctrinated by my late father, another Pitt guy! So in the end, even if they don't wind up in the big show, it's been a great run for them this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241218019

Any other Steel City fans in the house? C'mon, let's hear it for 'em!

Last edited by Chain; 05-07-2006 at 8:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 2:02 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: My Steelers are 13-1!

they got lucky they beat the Pats. we didn't have Corey Dillon for that game. But we'll see for the rematch in the AFC Championship game.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #3 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 2:38 PM

Reputation Power: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
they got lucky they beat the Pats. we didn't have Corey Dillon for that game. But we'll see for the rematch in the AFC Championship game.
It seems that both of you are just a little ahead of yourself. After all, we all know it will be the resurgent mighty CHARGERS doing serious playoff damage this year on their way to a Superbowl victory!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 3:51 PM

Reputation Power: 24

This year the Steelers will get one for the
post #5 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 4:44 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to 929_Nupe Send a message via MSN to 929_Nupe

they'll be ok as long as they keep gas in the bus, because the "D" is official

If lyrics sold then truth be told, Id probably be just as rich and famous and Jay-Z
post #6 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhip
It seems that both of you are just a little ahead of yourself. After all, we all know it will be the resurgent mighty CHARGERS doing serious playoff damage this year on their way to a Superbowl victory!
trust me I don't underestimate them one bit. I've seen a good bit of them this year and Breese might be throwing that ball as good as anyone right now. they really play as a whole team and that worries me

post #7 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 6:29 PM

Reputation Power: 21

Quote:

WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

you sorry as patriots fan. as soon as i got in my rental car a couple weeks ago in assachusettes i heard all about how awful the steelers were for beating the pats . these were actual quotes from the radio "cower got lucky because we never had time to run our game plan because we were 3 TD's down in the first quarter." " (whoever the head coach is for the pats) all he has to do is show the steelers the superbowl ring, that will show them who is the best."
what a bunch of freakin whiny assd cry babies. you lost, deal with it.

i am a huge steeler fan and will bet they will lose in the second round. they are all banged up and have been playing like **** since the eagles game.

"sorry I'm late, I had to stop by the wax museum and give the finger to FDR again" - Cotton Hill
post #8 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba
WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

you sorry as patriots fan. as soon as i got in my rental car a couple weeks ago in assachusettes i heard all about how awful the steelers were for beating the pats . these were actual quotes from the radio "cower got lucky because we never had time to run our game plan because we were 3 TD's down in the first quarter." " (whoever the head coach is for the pats) all he has to do is show the steelers the superbowl ring, that will show them who is the best."
what a bunch of freakin whiny assd cry babies. you lost, deal with it.

i am a huge steeler fan and will bet they will lose in the second round. they are all banged up and have been playing like **** since the eagles game.
not sure what you heard there but its very rare to ever hear something like that come from anyone involved with the Pats. I don't know who said Cower got lucky cause thats a load of crap. He's been a great coach for years. The Pats don't count any team out. They go into each game thinking they are playing the hardest team out there regardless of who it is. They won't even underestimate Miami tomorrow. I like the steelers just don't like that they are the only ones to beat us this year because we we both win the rest of the games then Pitt has homefield and thats a huge advantage. Whichever one of us has homefield has the best chacne at making it to the SuperBowl and winning that too.

post #9 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 7:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 46

The Steelers are on a roll and are playing VERY well this year. That said, there is NO WAY they can score the points necessary to beat the Colts or Pats in the playoffs.
I'd like to see it happen, but they just don't have the firepower necessary. Yeah, young Ben is having a dream season, but they just flat out don't put up the points.
The Colts can hang 40-50 points on anyone without breaking a sweat, and the Steelers have a hard time even getting to 30. Too bad, really, as it does almost seem to be "their year".
I'm pulling for the Colts. Just anyone but the Pats.
post #10 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
The Steelers are on a roll and are playing VERY well this year. That said, there is NO WAY they can score the points necessary to beat the Colts or Pats in the playoffs.
I'd like to see it happen, but they just don't have the firepower necessary. Yeah, young Ben is having a dream season, but they just flat out don't put up the points.
The Colts can hang 40-50 points on anyone without breaking a sweat, and the Steelers have a hard time even getting to 30. Too bad, really, as it does almost seem to be "their year".
I'm pulling for the Colts. Just anyone but the Pats.
you don't think the steelers D can atleast somewhat contain the colts offense. Roethlisberger is an opportunistic QB so he should be able to get soem stuff going against the Colts D should they meet. The Pats might have the best chance because the entire team is opportunistic and stuff turns our way very quickly.

Anyone just see in the GB/Jax game. that was ugly as hell.

post #11 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 8:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 46

Quote:
you don't think the steelers D can atleast somewhat contain the colts offense.
Somewhat, yes. Enough - no way.
post #12 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 8:36 PM

Reputation Power: 24

The problem the Colts present for the Steelers IS their offense. The Steelers still have some pretty weak CBs, so Peyton could burn them through the air. Then you've got Edge running the ball and they can just beat you both ways. And BDA is probably right...while the Steelers can slow them down, I doubt they could match them score for score
post #13 of 20 Old 12-19-2004, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSIRIS
The problem the Colts present for the Steelers IS their offense. The Steelers still have some pretty weak CBs, so Peyton could burn them through the air. Then you've got Edge running the ball and they can just beat you both ways. And BDA is probably right...while the Steelers can slow them down, I doubt they could match them score for score
I think if they can slow them enough they'll find a way to keep with them and have a chance.

post #14 of 20 Old 12-20-2004, 8:40 AM

Reputation Power: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSIRIS

the steelers have always had that weakness and a couple years ago EVERYBODY was exploiting it. the game against washington, they tried successfully but then went back to thier running game

Peyton will pick them apart - isn't 75% of their offense passing? gonna be a long game IF it gets that far

"sorry I'm late, I had to stop by the wax museum and give the finger to FDR again" - Cotton Hill
post #15 of 20 Old 12-20-2004, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba
the steelers have always had that weakness and a couple years ago EVERYBODY was exploiting it. the game against washington, they tried successfully but then went back to thier running game

Peyton will pick them apart - isn't 75% of their offense passing? gonna be a long game IF it gets that far
Edgerrin James went into yesterdays game leading the league in rushing (not sure how where he is right now) so its not like all they do is pass.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page