Dad just got a new X-Mas gift today, I cant wait to play with it !!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 12-23-2004, 5:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via AIM to stopsign Send a message via Yahoo to stopsign
Dad just got a new X-Mas gift today, I cant wait to play with it !!!

I know this thread is worthless w/o pics (ill get them later) but Mom just got Dad a 90 Corvette 6 speed for Christmas, dad wont let me try it yet since its raining out but i hope to get some pics tomorrow, its pretty nice. Hes already on the net looking for hop up items for it !

I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 12-23-2004, 5:55 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: Dad just got a new X-Mas gift today, I cant wait to play with it !!!

the 90 was a C4 wasn't it?

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #3 of 23 Old 12-23-2004, 7:14 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Yep, C4 was from 84-96. The 90 (except ZR-1) was the last one to have round taillights. From 91-96 all the C4's got the ZR-1 style taillights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 12-23-2004, 7:15 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via AIM to Sirkbac Send a message via Yahoo to Sirkbac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
the 90 was a C4 wasn't it?
Correct.

Ed Helbling
05 1000RR (Repsol)
00 929RR (ylw/blk)
86 Yamaha FZ750 (Ugly/Nasty)
84 Kawasaki 750 Turbo (Black/Red/Oil)
77 Puch Newport
73 Kawasaki G5 (Orange/Dirt)

02 Mazda Protege5
www.cbr929rr.com

2000 CBR 929rr FOR SALE!
post #5 of 23 Old 12-24-2004, 5:07 AM

Reputation Power: 21

VERY NICE. make sure you get some pics and get that sucker out on the road

"sorry I'm late, I had to stop by the wax museum and give the finger to FDR again" - Cotton Hill
post #6 of 23 Old 12-24-2004, 5:08 AM

oh yeah - was it the ZR1???

"sorry I'm late, I had to stop by the wax museum and give the finger to FDR again" - Cotton Hill
post #7 of 23 Old 12-24-2004, 6:39 AM Thread Starter

nah sadly its not the ZR1 but its still pretty nice, todays forcast looks pretty dry :-D

hey anyone know what this 'one to four' light is in it ? i heard some stuff but cant find it on the net and havent looked in the owners manual yet....

I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!'
post #8 of 23 Old 12-24-2004, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopsign
nah sadly its not the ZR1 but its still pretty nice, todays forcast looks pretty dry :-D

hey anyone know what this 'one to four' light is in it ? i heard some stuff but cant find it on the net and havent looked in the owners manual yet....
I guess he got the manual transmission. That light is the CAGS. (Computer Assisted Gear Selection) This puts the car into fourth gear from first which improves overall fuel mileage. That's how the car got around the gas guzzler tax. Honest!

At low rpm it locks out 2nd and third gear. If you don't feel that, the previous owner may have disabled CAGS, but the dash light would still come on. Just ignore it. Another way to get around it is to shift at a higher rpm from first to second (which is what I do )

I hope this answers your question.

Here's some 1990 Corvette trivia.
There were 16,016 coupes and only 7,630 convertibles built that year. Retail price was $31,979 and $37,264 respectively.

The most ordered color was Bright Red (6,956). The rarest color was Competition Yellow (278).

The ZR1 package added $27,016 to the base price. Chevrolet service departments had to return the LT5 engines to Mercury Marine in Stillwater, OK for certain repairs.

The second most expensive option for the '90 C4 at $26,895 above base price was RPO #B2K...the CallawayTwin-Turbo. Only 58 of them were built, which was the smallest production run for the B2K options during the years it was offered 1987 to 1991. There were only 71 B2Ks built in 1991 which is quite remarkable because that one option ($33,000) cost more than the base coupe ($32,455) that year.

Go out and look under the hood and let me know if you see Callaway on any of the plumbing in there! Have fun, and drive safely!

Official Racer Dude Guy, according to a neighborhood 6 year old.
post #9 of 23 Old 12-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxib
I guess he got the manual transmission. That light is the CAGS. (Computer Assisted Gear Selection) This puts the car into fourth gear from first which improves overall fuel mileage. That's how the car got around the gas guzzler tax. Honest!

At low rpm it locks out 2nd and third gear. If you don't feel that, the previous owner may have disabled CAGS, but the dash light would still come on. Just ignore it. Another way to get around it is to shift at a higher rpm from first to second (which is what I do )

There were 16,016 coupes and only 7,630 convertibles built that year. Retail price was $31,979 and $37,264 respectively.

The most ordered color was Bright Red (6,956). The rarest color was Competition Yellow (278).

The ZR1 package added $27,016 to the base price. Chevrolet service departments had to return the LT5 engines to Mercury Marine in Stillwater, OK for certain repairs.

The second most expensive option for the '90 C4 at $26,895 above base price was RPO #B2K...the CallawayTwin-Turbo. Only 58 of them were built, which was the smallest production run for the B2K options during the years it was offered 1987 to 1991. There were only 71 B2Ks built in 1991 which is quite remarkable because that one option ($33,000) cost more than the base coupe ($32,455) that year.

Go out and look under the hood and let me know if you see Callaway on any of the plumbing in there! Have fun, and drive safely!
wow
post #10 of 23 Old 12-24-2004, 11:35 AM

Reputation Power: 20

Quote:

Looks like someone may have the Corvette Black Book!!

Look, lean, believe!!
post #11 of 23 Old 12-24-2004, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks. Thats some great stuff right there !

post #12 of 23 Old 12-24-2004, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2b954
Looks like someone may have the Corvette Black Book!!
You got that right! Not only that, but I have a reasonably extensive reference library as well on the subject; which I think it may be safe to say that you and evl_twin do also! After all, not many people would think Corvette when the words ''black book" are spoken! (When my wife found out I had a 'little black book' she was royally unhappy until she found out there was no reference to ladies in it!)

Having a brother-in-law that owns his business and earns a living doing frame off restoration of Corvettes helps too!

Official Racer Dude Guy, according to a neighborhood 6 year old.
post #13 of 23 Old 12-24-2004, 11:56 AM

Reputation Power: 18

He got a 14 year old car and you cant frive it in the rain?

CBR Bob
TeamPromotion Coach#29TPM
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoachRENJ
post #14 of 23 Old 12-24-2004, 11:58 AM

Reputation Power: 39

Did you guys see "Rides" where Jay Leno destroyed two Corvettes to rebuild a Toronado?
post #15 of 23 Old 12-24-2004, 12:03 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Quote:
You got that right! Not only that, but I have a reasonably extensive reference library as well on the subject; which I think it may be safe to say that you and evl_twin do also! After all, not many people would think Corvette when the words ''black book" are spoken! (When my wife found out I had a 'little black book' she was royally unhappy until she found out there was no reference to ladies in it!)

Having a brother-in-law that owns his business and earns a living doing frame off restoration of Corvettes helps too!
I have a few books for reference myself. In the sprit of Christmas (red) and for good old memories, my C4 Z07

Look, lean, believe!!

Last edited by soon2b954; 05-25-2006 at 9:25 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page