Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 01-14-2005, 8:40 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 08-01-2001
Posts: 14,390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...passenger_data



luvtolean is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 01-14-2005, 8:44 PM
 
Join Date: 05-06-2003
Posts: 3,595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

they can get the same info from amex travel on me
bubba is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 01-14-2005, 8:51 PM
 
Join Date: 05-23-2002
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
     
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

Probably about 20 flights in that timeframe, including a red eye from California that landed in the American Airlines terminal of Boston's Logan Airport on the morning of Sept 11th at the same time Flight 11 was boarding. It leaves me a bit freaked out to this day that I walked by those people as they were boarding that flight.

That being said I don't care if they keep all the info on flights people take, if it helps them in any way stop this kind of thing from happening again keep it on file forever.
BladeRider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 Old 01-14-2005, 9:02 PM
 
Join Date: 02-07-2002
Posts: 10,531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                     
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

I've had an FBI file since I was 17. I don't think they are going about it the right way, but that information is already gathered by the airlines and credit card companies and used to market items to you anyway. So now the FBI can look it over as well. Where's the "rights violation"? There is no reasonable expectation of privacy there at all.
I think the whole forcing the TSA to be a government run agency, as well as allowing them to unionize completely destroyed it from the get-go.
The TSA should be a privately held and run business and should be looking terrorists and those that fit the typical terrorist profile, not patting down grannies and worrying about what kind of meal the vast majority of us ate.
BDA116 is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 01-14-2005, 9:06 PM
 
Tornado bait's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-05-2001
Location: Nantuckit
Age: 56
Posts: 1,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27
             
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

Great....do you think they can give me the name & # of that hooker I met during my stay in Memphis? She was awesome and I may be headed there again.

I do all my own stunts.
Tornado bait is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 01-14-2005, 9:27 PM
 
Join Date: 06-24-2004
Posts: 286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

Holy crap, I almost can't believe that all of these views and not one person screams about a dictatorship and human right violation or anything else.

I personally flew quite a few times between Raleigh NC and Yuma Az during that time, and if they want to call me up and give me a lie detector, I would gladly do it. I can't see how people forget so soon about 3500 people getting murdered when they were just trying to make a living yet go on crying about violations of privacy. Hell if security and federal enforcement agencies were not so paranoid of coming under the gun for "Gestapo" tactics, a lot more crime and terrorism could be permitted. People can quote 1984 to me till they are blue in the face but seeing as how I am many more like me have nothing to hide, I wish they would go that route.


Rant off. I just can't forget how many people died and how soon America forgot.
slodsm is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 01-14-2005, 10:41 PM
 
ND4SPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-07-2002
Location: US
Age: 16
Posts: 16,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 50
                     
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

Quote:
Originally Posted by slodsm
I just can't forget how many people died and how soon America forgot.

As usual, everything's about me me me, and what makes ME feel good. Screw everyone else
ND4SPD is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 01-14-2005, 11:04 PM
 
Join Date: 06-24-2004
Posts: 286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

Well, you can't expect them to remember too long, I mean the SuperBowl, new seasons and Christmas were all within a few months of that. How can anyone concentrate with that much crap going on you know?
slodsm is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 01-14-2005, 11:15 PM
 
ND4SPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-07-2002
Location: US
Age: 16
Posts: 16,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 50
                     
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

Yeah, what was I thinking.
ND4SPD is offline  
post #10 of 17 Old 01-15-2005, 1:16 AM
Supporting Member
 
SomeStrangeGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-23-2001
Location: Around here.
Posts: 4,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 34
                 
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

Quote:
Originally Posted by slodsm
how I am many more like me have nothing to hide,
it's not about hiding anything, it's about having the right to. Far more then 3500 people have given their lives for these rights up until this point, but a very "PC" way of removing them under the guise of public safety due to the death of these 3500 seems to keep everybody happy now?

btw I'm not disagreeing with you here, just sorta using a statement for angularity, just to clarify.
SomeStrangeGuy is offline  
post #11 of 17 Old 01-15-2005, 4:55 AM
 
Join Date: 06-24-2004
Posts: 286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

But at the same time, that is like saying you have the right to break the law, then use the blood of millions of americans over the last couple of hundreds of years to hide behind what they fought for, and what they died for. Hardley seems fair to me. When your family is a victim of a violent crime, say rape for instance, and there is an open and shut case on the perp but the chain of custody on the rape kit was off by a couple of minutes and so there is no way to prove in those couple of minutes that it was not tampered with, does that sound like the rights our forefathers fought for? For the scum of the earth who would assault a woman to walk away scott free on a technicality? It happens and it is because we have let it happen.
slodsm is offline  
post #12 of 17 Old 01-15-2005, 9:25 AM
 
Join Date: 10-02-2004
Posts: 2,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
           
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

Quote:
Originally Posted by slodsm
It happens and it is because we have let it happen.

What was that famous quote from Shakespeare about lawyers?
Scout is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 01-15-2005, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 08-01-2001
Posts: 14,390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

Quote:
Originally Posted by slodsm
Holy crap, I almost can't believe that all of these views and not one person screams about a dictatorship and human right violation or anything else.

I personally flew quite a few times between Raleigh NC and Yuma Az during that time, and if they want to call me up and give me a lie detector, I would gladly do it. I can't see how people forget so soon about 3500 people getting murdered when they were just trying to make a living yet go on crying about violations of privacy. Hell if security and federal enforcement agencies were not so paranoid of coming under the gun for "Gestapo" tactics, a lot more crime and terrorism could be permitted. People can quote 1984 to me till they are blue in the face but seeing as how I am many more like me have nothing to hide, I wish they would go that route.


Rant off. I just can't forget how many people died and how soon America forgot.
Oh, I haven't forgotten. How many people have died for freedom? If we ignored the Constitution, we could have an even greater illusion of safety because we could have agents of the government standing around with machine guns everywhere you look, and public executions for people that disobey. We could also go round up dissenters and hogtie them and throw them in the backs of military trucks. I've been to places like China, and see what happens when you don't have rights. The public executions my boss witnessed in the 80's. I personally witnessed a peaceful demonstration broke up with men zip tied and tossed in trucks like sacks of potatoes.

What people really forget, is that there is a much bigger price to pay for regaining your freedom than keeping it.



luvtolean is offline  
post #14 of 17 Old 01-15-2005, 3:42 PM
 
Join Date: 06-24-2004
Posts: 286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

LTL, I am not arguing with you, but I too have been to a lot of third world countries and many unsavory places over my last 9 years of active duty in the Marine Corps. I know what it's like to have no human rights from places like Bosnia and Kosovo, I know what it's like to have no civil rights from places like South Africa, and I know what it's like to have no rights whatsoever and the government controls every aspect of your life including the end of it for no reason from places like Iraq and Somolia. Compared to some I here you may consider me "young and wet behind the ears" but I have in fact seen just about every unsavory corner of the world and know the ill effects of bad government.

But I also know that in order to have freedom, one must be able to live without fear. Although everyone here can say they live with no fear of the government, how about the fear of your fellow citizens of this country be they legal or illegal because they are just as free as you are thanks to the "privacy act", the Miranda act (SP?) and numerous other acts created to prevent railroading of innocent citizens but also hinders the ability of law enforcement and the judicial system to do their own jobs.

Sorry if I am getting on peoples nerves but I have witnessed it with my own eyes even in the military justice system. Why did we just convict a specialist in the army for the "abuse" of a man who would have killed everyone of us if he could have? Why was he convicted when the General in charge of the compound was just forced into retirement and the specialist is now facing 17 years in Levenworth? Becuase the media sensationalized the story and this bloodthirsty yet so PC country wanted to see someone pay for the torment of that poor poor Iraqi. Am I angry about it? HELL YES. I have friends who will be on crutches for the rest of their lives because of the same people that this Spec got convicted of abusing, they are missing large parts of their legs thanks to IED's. I have one good friend of mine that will set off airport metal detectors for the rest of his life because he has a neck full of shrapnel and a permanant Lyle Lovett smile thanks to all of the nerve damage. They can't remove the metal because of the proximity to arteries in his neck and it would kill him so he spends about 10 minutes every morning shoving a lighter in the right side of his jaw and prying it open so he can talk because the jaw muscles lock up at night. Who did it to him, the same people who the specialist is going to prison for.

Why do I have a rapist working for me instead of busting rocks? Because they got him off on a technicality of the chain of custody of the rape kit. I know he raped that girl last year, she was underage at that and he got her drunk and raped in the barracks but we can't do anything to him now becuase they dropped the case at the CM because they didn't have 100% custody over the rape kit at all times, there was a xx minute gap where the DNA sample had not been signed for by someone. So his "rights" are more important than her justice? Now the innocent victims are the ones being punished because we don't want to violate the rights of the criminals?

Why do I have a proven Coke dealer in the brig right now who will walk on charges of grand larceny that I with my own eyes witnessed and heard the confession of the theft of 2 sets of military spec NVG's. I sat in my truck near his car to make sure he couldn't get in it and take off for 19 hours waiting for a federal warrant so it could be searched, they were found in his trunk but I had no "jurisdiction" off the base because I am not civilian law enforcment. He is also getting off of two urinalysis pops because the administrator of the test didn't actually see the urine leave his body and enter the cup, he was standing behind him. Tell me people, is that justice to you?

I seriously am so disgusted with the amount of rights that criminals have it blows my mind. What puts in an even greater state of awe is how people just don't see it. If all of this is your idea of freedom though, enjoy because I am still deploying to the middle east for 6 months of every year to fight for it.
slodsm is offline  
post #15 of 17 Old 02-10-2005, 1:45 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 08-01-2001
Posts: 14,390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: Did you Fly between Jan and Sept 11, 2001? The FBI Has a File for You

Quote:
Originally Posted by slodsm
I seriously am so disgusted with the amount of rights that criminals have it blows my mind. What puts in an even greater state of awe is how people just don't see it. If all of this is your idea of freedom though, enjoy because I am still deploying to the middle east for 6 months of every year to fight for it.
I went out of town and missed your excellent post, but would like to respond.

First, thanks for your service. I do appreciate it. I hope you are not alluding to the idea that I've never been in uniform so I should not have an opinion on the matter, or that somehow you are more right than I.

I stand firm. "Safety" is an illusion. I do see your point, I just disagree.

Look at countries that afford their citizens "less" privacy protection than an American, like those you may have been to. Is there any less crime even in places with draconian penalties? And I don't mean just third world countries, Great Britain is a great modern, post-industrial example. They have crime spiraling out of control as they take away gun ownership and take more control of people's lives. The government taking away our rights will not protect us from those that wish us harm. It is that simple. The gestapo in the TSA will not stop a dedicated, practiced terrorist from dropping any plane they choose. But Joe idiot sure is impressed when his fingernail clippers are taken away and they make him take his shoes off.

We all are going to die. A certain percentage of us are statistically to die violent deaths. Taking away our rights in the interim does not change that, whether people think it will or not.

I've read a bunch on this, the only thing I've seen a correlation to a drop in crime is an increase in the standard of living (which is directly tied to education level), and the extension of prison terms for real criminals. I would like to point out, the VAST majority of murders are "bad guy vs bad guy". The vast majority of crimes and prison sentences are "drug" related. The murder numbers look scary, but the fact is, an average American is likely to live out their life without meeting a homicidal maniac or "terrorist" in their home. No matter what Dubya would like you to believe.



luvtolean is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome