500 S&W... Some Canucks like guns too. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 02-01-2005, 1:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe
500 S&W... Some Canucks like guns too.

Yes I have flamed many of you Yankee gun zealots before but I too enjoy guns for recreation.

Don't own a gun (maybe someday) but I go to an indoor range a few times a year to play with handguns and assault rifles.

On Saturday some friends and I shot a .44, a few different 9mm's and each tried one shot out of the 50 cal hand cannon. (8 dollars per thumb-sized round)

Couldn't hit **** with it but HOLY **** what a gun.
Attached Thumbnails
s&w 500.jpg‎  

And then there's this asshole...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 02-01-2005, 1:11 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: 500 S&W... Some Canucks like guns too.

Haven't tried the .50 myself, but good on ya for having fun!
post #3 of 22 Old 02-01-2005, 1:13 AM

Enormous isn't it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 02-01-2005, 1:17 AM Thread Starter

Kind of reminds me of myself...

post #5 of 22 Old 02-01-2005, 6:16 AM

Reputation Power: 25

Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot

I love the 500... Kicks less than a .50AE Desert Eagle....
Chris
post #6 of 22 Old 02-01-2005, 10:24 AM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinerPilot
I love the 500... Kicks less than a .50AE Desert Eagle....
Chris

I must agree on that, kicks way less then a DE. Not to mention I can fit my hands around the grip easier as well.

Dano

Dan
post #7 of 22 Old 02-01-2005, 1:03 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobiaphobe
Kind of reminds me of myself...
Too much information!!

That's not what your girlfriend said......

Look, lean, believe!!
post #8 of 22 Old 02-01-2005, 1:54 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to EDDIE110171

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobiaphobe
Couldn't hit **** with it but HOLY **** what a gun.
Don't worry even if you miss you will burn the hell out of them.

"another beautiful theory beaten to death by a gang of ruthless facts..."
- Tom Hanna (Master Metalshaper/Nitrogeezer)
post #9 of 22 Old 02-01-2005, 2:03 PM Thread Starter

ya it was kind of like a mini flamethrower. Even if you don't burn them you've got a great blunt weapon as big as a night stick.

post #10 of 22 Old 03-08-2005, 2:25 AM

phobiaphobe, you should get yourself into h/gun shooting with your own h/gun & that could be plural what with different calibers. Being another Cdn I have gone through all the stupid Govt red-tape & am the h/gun Director-instructor at our Club. Shooting there two days a week & that is yearly& have been shooting like that since late 70s.

Have a chap coming up to our Club & indoor range to-morrow evening to pick up more info & to try his hand at shooting. In that case I will be taking along a S&W 617 X 6" .22 revolver for like m/cing one starts off with a .22 & then works their way up.

Hope he likes what we have & will follow through with my suggestions. Way, way to many want their first gun to be a 9mm while in the days of the Dirty Harry movies they all wanted a S&W 44 mag.

Last edited by Smitty; 03-08-2005 at 2:26 AM.
post #11 of 22 Old 03-08-2005, 4:55 AM

"It shoots through schools"
post #12 of 22 Old 03-08-2005, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
phobiaphobe, you should get yourself into h/gun shooting with your own h/gun & that could be plural what with different calibers. Being another Cdn I have gone through all the stupid Govt red-tape & am the h/gun Director-instructor at our Club. Shooting there two days a week & that is yearly& have been shooting like that since late 70s.

Have a chap coming up to our Club & indoor range to-morrow evening to pick up more info & to try his hand at shooting. In that case I will be taking along a S&W 617 X 6" .22 revolver for like m/cing one starts off with a .22 & then works their way up.

Hope he likes what we have & will follow through with my suggestions. Way, way to many want their first gun to be a 9mm while in the days of the Dirty Harry movies they all wanted a S&W 44 mag.

Are you in Calgary?

I'd like to own a .357 magnum... I like the feel and style of a revolver. I haven't even begun to look into what it would take to own a handgun here.

post #13 of 22 Old 03-08-2005, 12:15 PM

Smitty, why do you not like the 9mm? I think this is a good caliber for newbies.

post #14 of 22 Old 03-08-2005, 4:55 PM

To the above two the answer is I am in the lower central part of B.C., Cdn. Reason I try to get others started on a .22, be it a revolver semi-auto, is that it is the basic. Learn to shoot a .22 & then you are in position to shoot anything else.

All hang onto their .22 h/gun for even with other calibers & the very latest of Dillon progressive reloaders some will come into the range,hauling out some boxes of .22 & said h/gun saying something like "Last few days I have been going almost crasy at work & have not had time to even clean my brass". Or things along that line. The store bought .22 is the answer & several chaps will go in togeather on buying a few cases of .22 ammo.

Any center-fire puts the owner of the gun into the position of buying factory loads or going into reloading & latter is costly at the start. Our indoor range is all concrete walls & even with electronic operated muffs we need to REDUCE the loads which means RELOADING & cost of partially jacketed or fully jacketed bullet tips is upping the price of reloading.

Besides we have had the Govt officials at our range every darn year & they only want us to use cast bullets & not jacketed or partially jacketed. So that means leading in all guns & UNFORTUNATELY a 9mm is simply TERRIBLE when it comes to leading while a 38Spl & 45ACP are NOT.

I have a Browning P-35 well breathed on, along with a CZ-75 again modified extensively plus a Star or some yrs back. Compared to my 38 Spl revolvers & especially the PPC revolvers the 9mm is not close to the same accurcy while I will not compare the two Custom made 45s that are the most deadly of all in tight groupings.

We have yet to see anyone with a 9mm shoot tight groups like a well breathed on revolver or 45.
post #15 of 22 Old 03-08-2005, 5:13 PM

phobiaphobe there is a fair amount of Govt Red Tape like passing the Cdn Firearms Safety Course & you might need to take the course or if you are well knowledged in ALL forms of f/arms & obtaint the two books that feed you all the info, THEN you can challenge the course & if you pass both written (simple Yes or No stuff) & physical bit of handeling & loading to unloading the guns, plus pretended field procedures THEN you are in position to take the Possession & Acquisition License course of a lot of questions about your past history & such plus your scores for the above course & that needs to be 82% & higher in both parts.

Finally you have seemingly passed all, payed for all, & then you can go through the additional tape of buying any form of a f/arm, ammo, etc. Still you will need a reaon to buy a h/gun & that is in belonging to a h/gun club for h/gun shooting & you will have to register said h/gun with the Cdn Firearm Center in Eastern Cdn.

Still to get the gun to a certified range you will have to join a gun club & then fill out an ATT which is a form about your PAL, area of where you shoot & that would be "In any approved range in Alberta" the time like dates & hours & we put down every day of the year & from 00 to 24 hr time.

The ATT has to be renewed every 3 yrs at no cost. The PAL every 5 yrs at its usual $80.00 while the registering of the gun is as long as you own it.

Sure a pile of red-tape but once you get through it, & you can receive help from other h/gun owners as they to will be those that shoot at gun clubs. So all in all it is not THAT bad, though any American reading the above will throw up his arms in discust. Still in Cdn we have been registering h/guns since '34 & only 3 yrs ago did it become the crucial law to REGISTER all long bbl guns. So there are a lot of "Automatic Cdn Criminals" that simply would NOT register their long bbl guns and some h/gunners that no longer come to the range & never shoot them after C-68 went into effect FOR they cannot chance shooting one up in the hills to not have a Conservation Officer ask for their PAL, their ATT, their Registration & such.

Last edited by Smitty; 03-08-2005 at 5:15 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page