officer who ? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 07-27-2003, 8:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: officer who ?

so two am friday night. i cruise down the local hot spots lets call it the loop. i come off first street on 17th ave anti freeze is every where! i just about dump . now the sh it is all over my tires and boots i go about a block till the road is clear of it and smoke off my back tire . this is where it goes down hill there is a sergeant right beside me . i didn't even get to blink po po hits his lights . shi t i was so worried about dumping i didn't even care if cops where there . long story short he seen the stuff all over the road but i am me . i have lets say a long jacket ( i blame it all on a troubled youth lol) so my tags are flagged and i get special treatment after all is said and done i hjave like a thousand dollars in fines written on what amounts to nothing more than toilet paper stunting = 402$ plus 5 demerits , fail to maintain bike =150$ for no reflectors , tinted visor on helmet 150$ wtf . no helmet ticket 115$ cause i took my helmet off while bike was running (just before i shut it off ) but hey he didn't tow it so i guess i was lucky. now i need a lawyer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-27-2003, 9:05 PM

Dayum! Strict up your way aren't they?
I hope you can get an understanding judge - that is one expensive stop. Good luck with it
post #3 of 16 Old 07-27-2003, 9:16 PM

OUCH..That guy really had it out for ya. I would have lost it when he wrote you up for the helmet off deal. So your avitar says that you are from earth...I'll be sure to stay away from there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-27-2003, 9:26 PM

Why were you doing a burnout anyway? That doesn't help clean it from your front tire....

You shoulda just kept riding, conservatively, until you got your tires clean. (Same as when you get new tires.)
post #5 of 16 Old 07-27-2003, 9:28 PM

Reputation Power: 22

ok, now its in the right place.

Life is Good, Life is Great
post #6 of 16 Old 07-27-2003, 9:38 PM

I dont know if this will help any, But...

I went through a similar misfortune a few years back. I was pulled over in Ga. The cop wrote $3000 worth of tickets and took me to jail. I am from Florida BTW, It was the middle of a hurricane evac.
So anyway he pulls me over and takes me to jail. Among the things he wrote some were.

Improper lane change.
speeding
careless driving
eluding an officer
failure to provide insurance
tinted *mirrored visor (make note of this one)
tailgating
wreckless driving

So @ about 3:00am when my family gets home in Jacksonville Fl. I finally get a hold of my brother after about 12 hours in a Tifton jail. My brother drives 3 hours (i think) back to Ga to pick me up and take me home. Thank god he is a good saver. When i get home it is morning and I am the farthest thing from tired.
I call my childhood friend in Washington, DC. Who at the time just happened to be an International Attorney (assigned to the Treasurer)
Talk about over kill
He says dont worry ill be there this weekend. That weekend comes and talks to the Tift County S.O. listened to the dispatch tape, goes over the tickets and makes a statement on my behalf.
Turns out that if a cop writes you multiple tickets and just one (no matter what one) proves to be bogus. None of the tickets are worth the paper they are writen on.
In this case the cop said in his statement that he saw me look in my rearview mirrors several times while evading. His statement included 'I saw his eyes' He also stated that he was behind me in excess of 100mph for 8 miles with lighs and sirens. At the time (i think) Ga law stated that an officer may not pursue at high speed for more than 1 mile without backup or assistance. Plus the dispatch tape was running the entire time. The amount of time it was running at 100mph was not nearly long enought to equate to 8 miles. And no sirens were heard on the tape.

My point is. Get a good lawer and you will get out of ever ticket you just got. And get your money back.
post #7 of 16 Old 07-27-2003, 9:42 PM

Quote:
ConqSoft : Why were you doing a burnout anyway? *That doesn't help clean it from your front tire....

You shoulda just kept riding, conservatively, until you got your tires clean. *(Same as when you get new tires.)
I'm glad someone said it before me. I usually steer clear of threads like this because, invariably, someone will make the accusation that I can't be objective because I'm a police officer. That's not the case at all, but I digress.

Anyway, I agree with Conq. A smoky burnout on a public street is pretty hard to justify to a police officer and I predict it will be quite difficult to justify to the magistrate as well.

That said, I hate to see you shell out a lot of money and/or get hit with an insurance premium hike, so I'll sign off by wishing you well. Seriously man, good luck.
post #8 of 16 Old 07-27-2003, 9:45 PM

Disclaimer:

To all police or law professionals who read my previous post, or people who wish to contest it. It happened in 1998, and though it is entirely true, some information maybe inaccurate. I am not a professional nor an authority with state or federal law. I appologize if some details are not exact and in fact prove to be incorrect. My intentions are not to challenge any persons knowledge or profession.

post #9 of 16 Old 07-27-2003, 9:47 PM

Quote:
ConqSoft : Why were you doing a burnout anyway? *That doesn't help clean it from your front tire....
Conq is right though.

WHY?
post #10 of 16 Old 07-28-2003, 1:41 AM Thread Starter

hind site is 20/20 , yeah i should have done what he suggested i should have pulled over and wiped the tire down lol yeah probably not ... friday night go put some drunks or hookers in jail or maybe track down some drug dealers go get the guy stealing cars and bikes . as far as the front tire, the front tire wasn't breaking lose every 5 feet when traffic would move . but what ever i can get it reduced, the stunting . it's the other bull #### the ********er gave me . i don't need to justify the burn out i kept my bike on two wheels and undamaged so hey i am happy about that . it's just the hate for riders . if he wanted he could go chase down some guys doing wheelies or blasting around with wide open headers that IS DISTRACTING TO TRAFFIC . if his old lady AIN'T GIVING HIM WHAT HE NEEDS GO RENT A HO. what ever his reason it was uncalled for period .
post #11 of 16 Old 07-28-2003, 7:20 AM

Quote:
Rigger : hind site is 20/20 , yeah *i should have done what he suggested i should have pulled over and wiped the tire down lol yeah probably not ... *friday night go put some drunks or hookers in jail or ...
NO, leave the hookers alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #12 of 16 Old 07-28-2003, 8:04 AM

Repsol-

No change, its still 1 mile that an officer can persue at a high rate of speed.

I received a couple bogus tickets a few months ago - driving unsafe for conditions ('because your knee was too close to the pavement' ) and failure to stop for an emergency vehicle ('I was chasing you for the past mile and just caught up to you' ). *When it went to local court the judge realized how bogus the charges are and he immediately pushed it up to State Court for a jury trial. *It has been over a month and I have yet to see a sopena for a court date. *I suppose I will have to call and see whats up if I dont hear from them shortly - since I plan on moving to TX before too long.

*edit* emoticons I didnt want

post #13 of 16 Old 07-28-2003, 6:46 PM

Quote:
googolplexu : Repsol-

driving unsafe for conditions ('because your knee was too close to the pavement&#39
HAHA OMG that is the biggest Crock o' Sh!t i have ever heard.

Good luck dood, I hope it works out for you as well as it did me.
post #14 of 16 Old 07-28-2003, 11:33 PM

Reputation Power: 22

Quote:
bubba : Quote (Rigger @ July 28 2003, 1:41am)hind site is 20/20 , yeah *i should have done what he suggested i should have pulled over and wiped the tire down lol yeah probably not ... *friday night go put some drunks or hookers in jail or ...
NO, leave the hookers alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No kidding. what are you pricks thinkin!

Life is Good, Life is Great
post #15 of 16 Old 07-28-2003, 11:59 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Yes it sounds like he was a bit harsh, but you were breaking the law none-the-less. Hope you find your happy medium.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page