03 Gizzer - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 5:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: 03 Gizzer

I have praised my Honda over zuks until Saturday....that is when I rode a Stock 03 gizzer 1k....Holly F---n Crap!! *I'm still drool-n from all that power! *I hate to say it but if I didn't have 3.5k worth of mods on my 54, I'd sell it and get a 1k. *I've never hit 140 that quick! *I can't imagine riding a race prepped 1k! but I want to! *This bike is amazing on the power! *Now my bike feels so slow...really slow! *I know the Honda handles great but they are falling way behind...now I realize how far behind..bout 20hp! (feels like 50! )

Am I a traitor? *Should I be shot? *Or am I just dazed & confused from all that power?

If Honda don't lay down some power in 04 they will not dethrown the king! and will loose sales...Come on Honda, at least get to 150 rwhp!

I'm still in a daze....my loyalty for the blade is desolving. *Sorry to rant but I'm just amazed by the zuk's F---n power!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 5:41 PM

As has been said many times in the past, power isn't everything. It's the complete package that matters.
post #3 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 5:48 PM

I'd agree with Conq, but with a caveat or two...

From nearly all accounts, the new Gixxer is a great all around supersport, not just a narrow focus track tool. Liveable ergos, useable grunt down in the basement, manic power everywhere else, and very nimble, confidence inspiring handling.

Alot of the debate isn't a debate anyway. A well ridden, ten year old FZR600 will shame a goodly chunk of big bike riders under many real life road conditions (and the track too, depending on the technicality of the place in question).

I think we Honda lovers can take some solace in the notion that the 954 is about as good a streetbike package as is out there, particularly when you consider that new '03 954s can be had for a song at various dealerships across the country. But it's not the top of the literbike heap, nor was it when it came out two years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 5:55 PM Thread Starter

Oh I agree 100% (I've been smoke buy many a smaller race bikes on the track, rider is key&#33....but you take a race prepped 54 against a equally race prepped 1k (or just race suspension/chassis setup (no pipe)) with 2 fairly equal litter bike racers and who will win? *The zuk. *Hands down....IHMO. Honda is still 20+ hp down on the zuk out of the box. Skill makes up alot of quick lap times but 20+hp will cut some time off you laps aswell, assuming you can handle it.*

Cong, Have you had a twist on a 03 1k?
post #5 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 6:11 PM

Quote:
02FBlade : Cong, Have you had a twist on a 03 1k?
I have, and despite that I like GSX-Rs quite alot (and owned a 2001 when they first came out), I prefer my CBR.

FWIW.
post #6 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 6:19 PM

Quote:
02FBlade : If Honda don't lay down some power in 04 they will not dethrown the king! and will loose sales...Come on Honda, at least get to 150 rwhp!
If I were you, I'd wait for the new '04 Honda.
post #7 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 6:22 PM

Reputation Power: 42

Maybe we should get a group-buy going for kiloGixxers...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #8 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 6:23 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Quote:
ConqSoft : As has been said many times in the past, power isn't everything. *It's the complete package that matters.
It's like people that have small ones, allway say 'size doesn't matter, it's how you use it'

Seriously, When i was purchasing my last 2 blades, I read all the articles from magazines about power and/or handling, I decided that I'd get the better handling bike, so I could use more of the power that was available, rather than having heaps of power, but not handling very well and actually going slower.

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #9 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 6:24 PM

The GSXR 1000 is a great bike no doubt.

And think of all the experience you get fixing it!
post #10 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 6:31 PM Thread Starter

I hope Honda has done their homework on the 04' motor....

I expect it to be either more than expected or still down on the power. *Who knows til we see the bike and some dynos....but I think Honda will just get by w/ the new 1000cc bike until they rip out a RCV streeter and reclaim the crown... I can pray for a 5v streeter, can't I??? **
post #11 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 6:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
ratter1 : It's like people that have small ones, allway say 'size doesn't matter, it's how you use it'

Seriously, When i was purchasing my last 2 blades, I read all the articles from magazines about power and/or handling, I decided that I'd get the better handling bike, so I could use more of the power that was available, rather than having heaps of power, but not handling very well and actually going slower.
Only people with 'small displacement engines' use that line! *Ask around, size really does matter! *

The power on the 03 gizzer is very smooth and very usable(for a skilled rider) unlike the < 02'. My only complaint is the suspension which gets replaced anyway and the chassis setup...feels like the rear is lowered or am I just use to the race setup on my 54? *Turn in is slow, but it's stock and needs tweaked. *The power is much smoother than my 54 w/ Arata. Mine lags until 7k....The zuk is smooth and strong from the beging...BUT MUCH STRONGER!
post #12 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 7:04 PM

[drool mode] Ooohhh '03 gixxer 1K {drool mode off]
post #13 of 22 Old 07-28-2003, 11:14 PM

Reputation Power: 19

There were quite a few new G1k's at Fontana on Sunday. They are insane! I don't know if I ever want that kind of power, I was doing an indicated (not corrected) 150-160 on the front straight and they passed me like I was standing still!
post #14 of 22 Old 07-29-2003, 9:29 AM

Quote:
02FBlade : I have praised my Honda over zuks until Saturday....that is when I rode a Stock 03 gizzer 1k....Holly F---n Crap!! *I'm still drool-n from all that power! *I hate to say it but if I didn't have 3.5k worth of mods on my 54, I'd sell it and get a 1k. *I've never hit 140 that quick! *I can't imagine riding a race prepped 1k! but I want to! *This bike is amazing on the power! *Now my bike feels so slow...really slow! *I know the Honda handles great but they are falling way behind...now I realize how far behind..bout 20hp! (feels like 50! )

Am I a traitor? *Should I be shot? *Or am I just dazed & confused from all that power?

If Honda don't lay down some power in 04 they will not dethrown the king! and will loose sales...Come on Honda, at least get to 150 rwhp!

I'm still in a daze....my loyalty for the blade is desolving. *Sorry to rant but I'm just amazed by the zuk's F---n power!!!
the guys i ride with all have gsxr1k's both 02 and 03. they swear the 02 handles better and is better than the 03 overall
post #15 of 22 Old 07-29-2003, 11:23 AM

I guess it all comes down to what you want and need.

If you want the best track tool and you really know how to handle a bike, and want to shave down your lap times, then the gixxer makes sense.

If you are a road rider (who does the odd trackday) who wants handling, useable power, comfort, good build quality then the Honda makes more sense IMO.

Either way, the new Honda in 04 should be very interesting

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page