Crutchfield Audio - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-29-2003, 1:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Crutchfield Audio

My OEM CD player in my car crapped out, and I set about to research how I might replace it and add the capability of playing cassettes, since the local library has literally thousands of books on tape for free.

I went to all the local car audio places and, naturally, I was treated to a parade of morons and opinionated know-nothings who predictably told me that 'They don't make that anymore..' , which means 'We don't have it in stock.'

I got on the web and looked at Crutchfield.com. They list all the possibilities that will fit your particular car. In the case of my Mazda, the CD-Cassette combo wouldn't fit, but they had a note to call their toll free number and discuss it with them, because there could be more than one way to skin a cat. Called the guy, he made a recommendation. I ordered the Kenwood components Friday, and they were delivered Monday with specific instructions for my car, custom harness adapters, tools to get the old box out, and I was done with the installation within 2 hours.

Works great, sounds good, looks good.

Sorry to go on, but competence is remarkable these days.

They gave me a bunch of '$20 off on a $200 sale' certificates to give to my friends, which would get me additional discounts if I wanted to buy anything else, which I don't. Email me if you want one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-29-2003, 2:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Re: Crutchfield Audio

Same type of experience here. I've dealt with Crutchfield for years now, even before the internet. They always give good advice and have the proper stuff to get things installed for just about any vehicle.

Andy
post #3 of 6 Old 07-29-2003, 3:01 PM
dB

Quote:
CBRVFR : Sorry to go on, but competence is remarkable these days.
Man, isn't that the truth. Glad you found good service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-29-2003, 3:04 PM

Crutchfield... that's a tough one. Some of the best service I've ever experienced, but the 20-50% higher prices are difficult to swallow. I suppose the service justifies the premium pricing...
post #5 of 6 Old 07-30-2003, 10:11 PM

Yeah, Crutchfield's prices are high, but they sometimes have awesome deals on the back cover of the catalog. I set my in-laws up with a Polk sub/satellite set and surrounds for a song a couple years ago. There is no doubt they are the real deal when it comes to customer service and friendly, knowledgeable employees. They know their sh1t.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-30-2003, 11:15 PM

Here's my Crutchfield experience...
One of my friends has always dealt with Crutchfield and always told me how great their customer service was and so on. Well he needed a new receiver and had the one picked out at Crutchfield, so we drove to Charolettesville, VA to get it. He'd just got off work when we left and I had just left the skatepark so we weren't the cleanest looking people in the world. Get there and NOBODY will even speak to us...he's getting pissed because he wanted me to see how bad ass Crutchfield is. Well the Shrek DVD was playing (and on the menu Donkey is yelling 'Pick me!!' the whole time), so I turned the TV volume up all the way so Donkey was screaming 'Pick me!' So after about 20 minutes of waiting to see if they'll come turn the TV down, my friend finally ended up saying 'I have money and I'm going to buy this receiver right here, TODAY!'

Maybe I caught them on a bad day, but he still swears by them...and I've still never bought a single thing from them

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page