I got Robbed! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 03-02-2005, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

I got Robbed!

I found some girbaud jeans that I really liked on ebay.She discribrd them as brand new jeans.So I swoop down on on them at the very end of the auction.Right after I bid on them I noticed that the pictured pants look as if they have a slight iron crease.(I was like WTF)I emailed her And asked if they were new because they looked creased.That b%$Ch says oh Im sorry they are used my daughter labeled them wronge, but the jeans are only slightly used.Im doing back flips because by the time I pay for shipping it brought the price at $35 A couple more dollars I could get new.I dont want no jeans your husbands sweaty nuts been in.Can I do anything about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-02-2005, 11:46 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: I got Robbed!

well, since it was falsely advertised, I'm sure you could get a refund....
post #3 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

You can retract yor bid before the auction up.After that youre pretty much screwed(atleast thats my understanding of their rules).I could be wrong...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 4:44 AM
Fig

Don't take this wrong, but there just some things I wouldn't consider purchasing off ebay. Clothes is one of them. Hell, there's a lot of things I won't get off there now that I think about it.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, and pardon the pun. My washer has this setting called Exterminate, or Sanitize, or something like that, where it superheats the water. Toss them in with some bleach, and any std's that might be floating around on them when they arrive will be eradicated. No worries.
Fig
post #5 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 7:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjay51d
I dont want no jeans your husbands sweaty nuts been in.Can I do anything about this?

Can't wait for next year's roast
post #6 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 8:03 AM

If you paid with Paypal you can file a claim and they have an option for "item not as described" They will give you your money back.
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...-buyer-outside

You may also try asking for a refund from the seller first and tell her that you will be filing a complaint with Paypal and eBay.

Last edited by alexandra; 03-03-2005 at 8:04 AM.
post #7 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 1:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandra
If you paid with Paypal you can file a claim and they have an option for "item not as described" They will give you your money back.
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...-buyer-outside

You may also try asking for a refund from the seller first and tell her that you will be filing a complaint with Paypal and eBay.
I tried to get back in contact with seller but shes blowin in the wind.I'll try pay pal see what they have for me...
post #8 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 1:23 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to EDDIE110171

Quote:
I found some girbaud jeans that I really liked on ebay.She discribrd them as brand new jeans.So I swoop down on on them at the very end of the auction.Right after I bid on them I noticed that the pictured pants look as if they have a slight iron crease.(I was like WTF)I emailed her And asked if they were new because they looked creased.That b%$Ch says oh Im sorry they are used my daughter labeled them wronge, but the jeans are only slightly used.Im doing back flips because by the time I pay for shipping it brought the price at $35 A couple more dollars I could get new.I dont want no jeans your husbands sweaty nuts been in.Can I do anything about this?
Post a link to the auction so we can look at the ad. Ebay rules call for disclosure and she misrepressented the item as "new" when it is used. If you file a complaint with Ebay I think you have to start with Square Trade who will contact her. If he doesn't make good, make sure you nail her with a negative to warn other buyers.

"another beautiful theory beaten to death by a gang of ruthless facts..."
- Tom Hanna (Master Metalshaper/Nitrogeezer)
post #9 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 1:34 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

OK I miss the eBay alure I admit. That said why would you bid for something through eBay with it's shadiness when you said for $2 you could get them from normal channels

Not picking on you just curious. Like I said I am eBay illiterate and don't understand the draw.

Must obey the sheep dog
post #10 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 2:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue
OK I miss the eBay alure I admit. That said why would you bid for something through eBay with it's shadiness when you said for $2 you could get them from normal channels

Not picking on you just curious. Like I said I am eBay illiterate and don't understand the draw.
Its hard to find the x model jeans around my way (i think its discontinued)So I went to ebay...

Last edited by bjay51d; 03-03-2005 at 2:16 PM.
post #11 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 2:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE110171
Post a link to the auction so we can look at the ad. Ebay rules call for disclosure and she misrepressented the item as "new" when it is used. If you file a complaint with Ebay I think you have to start with Square Trade who will contact her. If he doesn't make good, make sure you nail her with a negative to warn other buyers.
I can only get to it through my ebay and that page has personal **** on it.I can say that theres no mistake.She listed them as brand new,and put the condition as new in the discription...
post #12 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 5:51 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
I can only get to it through my ebay and that page has personal **** on it.I can say that theres no mistake.She listed them as brand new,and put the condition as new in the discription...
I believe when you click on it there and bring the auction up and give us the link when we click on it we don't get the personal stuff about winning the auction that you get. Since we aren't signed in under your name. I could be wrong.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMERFB%3AIID
try that one, thats one that I won. It should come up with just the auction and that its ended.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #13 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 7:28 PM Thread Starter

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...e=STRK:MEWN:IT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
I believe when you click on it there and bring the auction up and give us the link when we click on it we don't get the personal stuff about winning the auction that you get. Since we aren't signed in under your name. I could be wrong.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMERFB%3AIID
try that one, thats one that I won. It should come up with just the auction and that its ended.
heres that link
post #14 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 7:35 PM

Reputation Power: 50

From your story, I'd say you can dispute that. It clearly says that they're "brand new" when in fact they don't appear to be from what you've told us.
post #15 of 16 Old 03-03-2005, 7:54 PM Thread Starter

I think that ebay charges you $25 fee for looking into **** like this so .I guess I'll decon4 the crotch on those jeans and rock em like they just came out the store....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page