Pizza Fight - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 5:19 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Pizza Fight

No...not the type where food gets thrown. This is a video of a patron getting sucker punched while waiting for his pizza. May be NWS for language and brutality.

Seeing this really churns my stomach. Now I know why people want to carry guns.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Last edited by Red Rider; 04-04-2007 at 4:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 5:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Re: Pizza Fight

Ughhh... that's pretty disturbing. I sure as **** hope someone's getting thrown in jail and sued for that. As a bystander, I would've at least called the cops and taken down as much info on the happy couple as possible...

"...and you fellas can back me up on this. Once you've seen one woman naked... you want to see the rest of them naked." -Ron White
post #3 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 5:37 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider
No...not the type where food gets thrown. This is a video of a patron getting sucker punched while waiting for his pizza. May be NWS for language and brutality.

Seeing this really churns my stomach. Now I know why people want to carry guns.
What I love is how all the "cattle" move out of the way and try to look uninterested. Obviously the clip doesn't answer many questions, but dayumm if somebody got in my face like that, he would be enjoying Jacksons finest cuisine for several years . . .

and your girlfriend too.

Last edited by abtech; 03-09-2005 at 5:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 5:38 PM

Holy ****. This is all it took: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pizzaparlorbrawl.html

"...and you fellas can back me up on this. Once you've seen one woman naked... you want to see the rest of them naked." -Ron White
post #5 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 5:40 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Heard about that one. Couldn't watch the video, i don't like getting pissed off anymore and that would do it Yeah your right , good excuse to carry a gun.
post #6 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 5:41 PM

Not sure what the guy on the phone did or didn't do but that's disturbing. Can't believe people just stood around and watched!!

Look, lean, believe!!
post #7 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 5:48 PM

Reputation Power: 39

When I first came to Detroit in 1972, I went out with the manager of the studio (I had just become an employee of) to a few bars around town on my first night there. At one bar on Woodward (long gone now), we were sitting at the bar watching a local group do a very good Traffic cover when someone walked up and asked the guy next to me what time it was. The "ambience" was pretty loud, so I'm not certain the fellow at the bar understood the question, but in true Detroit fashion, he pulled out a 6" Colt Python and proceeded to place 4 shots into the "askers" face without any hesitation whatsoever.

Interestingly, as I was moving as far and as fast as I could away from the incident (I had powder residue all over my face due to the proximity), the band never missed a beat and everyone just turned back to their drinks and conversation as if someone had just sung a round of "Happy Birthday".

I'll never forget my first night in Detroit . . . .

and your girlfriend too.
post #8 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtech
When I first came to Detroit in 1972, I went out with the manager of the studio (I had just become an employee of) to a few bars around town on my first night there. At one bar on Woodward (long gone now), we were sitting at the bar watching a local group do a very good Traffic cover when someone walked up and asked the guy next to me what time it was. The "ambience" was pretty loud, so I'm not certain the fellow at the bar understood the question, but in true Detroit fashion, he pulled out a 6" Colt Python and proceeded to place 4 shots into the "askers" face without any hesitation whatsoever.

Interestingly, as I was moving as far and as fast as I could away from the incident (I had powder residue all over my face due to the proximity), the band never missed a beat and everyone just turned back to their drinks and conversation as if someone had just sung a round of "Happy Birthday".

Ah "Murder City"

Look, lean, believe!!
post #9 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 5:58 PM

After the sucker punch, a gun wouldn't have done any good. The victim probably didn't even know where he was at that point.

As a bystander, draw a gun on the perp? To what effect? Possibly shooting a bystander? Getting pummeled and having your gun turned on you? Getting lucky and shooting the perp dead, only to spend a small fortune defending yourself in court?

In such close quarters, I would think significant martial arts experience (for a quick takedown) and/or some LTL tool such as a taser would be the only real options for anyone wanting to actively intervene.

post #10 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 6:14 PM

"Pizza parlor assailant gets four years Man hit stranger repeatedly inside Da Vincis in Akron By Phil Trexler Beacon Journal staff writer He never got his pizza, just a broken nose. And a concussion. And a chipped tooth. All because someone cut in front of him while he waited in line. On Wednesday, his assailant got his: four years in prison. In less than an hour, jurors found Mark Jones, 35, of Akron guilty of felonious assault for delivering a startling beating vividly captured on videotape. The beating took place while several male customers stood watching and waiting for food. The images of the beating were shown to jurors, causing gasps in the courtroom. Some female jurors covered their mouths while watching Jones pummel his defenseless victim. ``That tape is so horrifying, it haunted me, assistant Summit County prosecutor Holly Reese said after the verdict. ``I cant imagine the impact on people not in this line of work who are seeing it for the first time. It all started last July 31 when Joseph Scarpino, 28, was waiting in a crowded line at the DaVincis Pizza on South Main Street in downtown Akron. At about 2:30 a.m., Jones girlfriend, Prestina Sims, walked in and marched to the front of the line. Scarpino mumbled something into his cell phone, telling his fiancee that their pizza may now take a little longer. The comment infuriated Sims, who confronted Scarpino. The shop surveillance tape shows Scarpino trying to ignore Sims as she calls him every name in the book. When a manager tried to intervene and ask Sims to leave, she greeted him with a spit of saliva. Sims, 31, then went outside and came back with Jones, a hulking 6-foot-4, 295-pound ex-con. She flicked Scarpinos cheek and told Jones: ``Take care of this white mother (expletive), the victim told jurors. Jones then cold-cocked Scarpino repeatedly, landing at least seven uninterrupted blows. Scarpino went down, but the fight wasnt over. Jones lifted and dragged his body, searching for a cell phone he dropped. The tape shows several men waiting in the pizza parlor, all of whom failed to stop the fight or aid Scarpino. One man remained at the counter, handling his money as he waited for pizza. In minutes, police arrived after the manager called 911 and Jones and Sims were arrested outside. Scarpino was treated at Akron General Hospital for his injuries. ``I felt like I was hit by a truck, Scarpino testified. Defense attorney Annette Powers tried to downplay the beating in an effort to have Jones convicted of a lesser offense of assault. She pointed out that Scarpinos injuries did not require stitches or prescription pain medicine. Powers also said that Scarpino made a racial remark about Sims as she cut in line, a move that spurred the argument. No other witnesses supported Sims claim. Jones took the stand and told the jury he was acting in defense of Sims, who he felt was about to be struck by Scarpino, who is 6-foot-2 and weighs 220 pounds. Sims is also charged with felonious assault. She is to go on trial March 16."

post #11 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 6:30 PM
TCD

Reputation Power: 19

Perfect example of what to expect in a self defense situation. You can never count on help and most people will just stand around like that while someone gets killed. You must be able to defend yourself.

That piece of **** should be thrown feet first into a wood chipper.
post #12 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD
Perfect example of what to expect in a self defense situation. You can never count on help and most people will just stand around like that while someone gets killed. You must be able to defend yourself.

That piece of **** should be thrown feet first into a wood chipper.
After reading the full story I have to agree with your wood chipper thought!! This guy is a worthless piece of ****.

Look, lean, believe!!
post #13 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 7:14 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtech

That pretty much typifies Detroit, only today it's that much worse.

Last edited by Red Rider; 03-09-2005 at 7:15 PM.
post #14 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 7:20 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Thanks for the update 2OH. That SOB should've gotten 40 years, not 4.

post #15 of 41 Old 03-09-2005, 7:21 PM

Reputation Power: 17

hit first and hard , do not stop, works for me

Just ride like everyone is out there to kill you!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page