CES - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-30-2003, 2:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: CES

There have been a bunch of posts about Audio topics and Concerts and I was wondering if anyone attends the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas. I normally get to see a bunch of live performances. In the last few years I saw ELO, BB King, Tower of Power, Dave Matthews and others and could probably scrounge up a few more passes. I can get anyone interested in attending free admission, that's easy.

I also wonder if there could be a Fireblades track day at that time where I could rent a bike and spend a track day with some of you. It would be great since it's in the throws of the east coast winter and love to able to ride. I may be able to ship my bike out with some of the Demo cars if renting isn't an option. I could probably write the whole thing off as a business expense too! Maybe someone in the area can look into it.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-30-2003, 2:15 PM

How much advance notice do you need? I'd love to go but I have to check with the boss.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-30-2003, 2:17 PM Thread Starter

I believe the cutoff date for free registration is the end of November, so plenty of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-30-2003, 2:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

CES is by far the best of the Vegas trade shows.
I'll probably be there at least a few days, seeing as it's a quick jump away.
As for organizing a track day, it is highly unlikely. We (half-heartedly) tried to get one together at the Spring Mountain track for this spring/early summer that didn't take.
That track, located an hour away in Pahrump, is the easiest and least expensive to get hold of but would still require getting 20+ riders to make it readily affordable.
Renting sportbikes - especially for track use - will be a difficult/expensive quest. Also, the Vegas natives can chime in here, but the surface streets there suck. Very slick, and not much in the way of curves unless you head out to the dam.
Oh, and it's winter here in the west in January also, you know.
The Pahrump area will more than likely have snow (although last winter was very mild to put it lightly), but Vegas rarely does. It is, however, quite chilly out on the strip in the evenings.
We could do a get together at someplace like GameWorks and have a shootout on the Moto racing video games, though.
As it gets nearer, let's talk and figure out some type of meet for those that can or will be going.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-30-2003, 8:06 PM

I live there and keep missing it due to conflicting work schedules (usually out of town).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page