one of the most disapointing days EVER - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 3:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

one of the most disapointing days EVER

A couple weeks ago the mail brought me a good thing - an invitation to the GM Drive event. You can drive just about any of their vehicles on a closed course and then drive some competitors vehicles if you like. A free lunch was included and drinks.

I wake up this morning, excited to get going. I do 90 all the way there and walk what seemed like 4 miles to arrive at registration. I grab the waiver, sign without reading, plop down my license, stick out my left arm for my arm band and away i go.

Before driving a Performance vehicle (vette or some caddy) you HAVE to drive a regular car or a luxury vehicle. I chose the CTS and do my lap. I am certified for the vette now

i am standing in a 2 person line for the manual C6. I want the coupe, so i tell the guy behind me to go ahead. My C6 goddess arrives. I hop in, adjust the controls and the codriver (a rep from the event is in each Performance car with you) tells me that the clutch grabs hard right off the bat. I am cool with it and give her some gas, he tells me to put it into 2d and go around the course. So I am giving it some gas and enter the straight away. I set up for the first turn, feather the clutch give her some gas and start from the outside and DIVE in left. all I saw was him grab the top of the window to hold on, i cracked a smile. So then i started to hear a sound like hard plastic rubbing together. I am like dude, what is that sound, he says it is his cup. He picks it up and i still hear the same thing. After doing my 2 laps I find what the sound is coming from - the center console. WTF I am thinking. There is NO way a 50k car makes this noise. I finish with this car, concerned but hopeful it was just a weird thing.

I get in line for the auto Vette, this line is 8 people long. I guess people nowadays cant drive sticks. So I get in, turn off the traction control and give it some gas and let off. I decide to take if for a slow ride and see what I can shake loose in her. I hear the same DAYUM sound , I ask my copilot and hears the same. I finish my 2 laps and walk away to the cafe to get my free lunch.

After eating my lunch I look around to find a GM rep to complain and give my overall general impression of the car. Expalin to him/her of my future plans to purchase the Z06 and see if these are just isolated incidence. There are none to be found, the people there are actually 3d party that are running the event. I guess they did this to keep away the vultures (dealers) So I am now totally heartbroken. My affordale dream car is a POS.

So I figure I am so close to the MV Agusta dealer I will pop in and see how they feel. Get this - the dealership is for Ducs, Agustas, and some other highend bike and is right beside a strip joint. There are NO sales reps there so I finally get a mechanic to let me sit on one and I am anxiously waiting. I plop my ass down and OUCH, the seat HURTS. It was just a piece of plastic covered by plastic/leather. feels like a race seat. Not good for anytype of distance over 30 miles. I can't even get a price. So another let down for the day.

Some days it does not pay to get out of bed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 4:03 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Re: one of the most disapointing days EVER

That would be a good day in my books!!

Look, lean, believe!!
post #3 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 4:11 PM

Its an american car, what did you expect, Toyota quality
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 4:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force Junkie

no i expect it to be good quality. my ford truck is good, the caddy was good, the cheap ass'd pontiac g6 and others are good.

the flagship of chevy is built like a the freakin transam i had in 95.
post #5 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 4:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

funny you say that - i drove a lexus too - was not impressed. the faux wood finish just irks me. It had the feel of a camry - except for the dvd player and other various gadgets
post #6 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 4:24 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Go Caddy and have a sleeper car

Must obey the sheep dog
post #7 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 4:53 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

Man that has got to suck. You get all excited to buy a car, and it turns out to be a POS. I'd be pissed to. Especially if it's a silly thing like that. There's no excuse for it.

Dano

Dan
post #8 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 4:57 PM

Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe

WAAAAAHHH I spent the day test driving sports cars and looking at exotic motorcycles. WAAAAAH I'm so disappointed.

Bitch.

And then there's this asshole...
post #9 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 5:09 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot

Dayum..... Now Im kinda Glad that I totally forgot about it. Well I guess a Viper drive is in order....
Chris
post #10 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 6:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Toyota Camrys and Tundras are American cars. As are Honda Accords, BMW Z4s and many other "foreign" cars.
The old "don't buy American" is played out.
post #11 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 6:29 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobiaphobe
WAAAAAHHH I spent the day test driving sports cars and looking at exotic motorcycles. WAAAAAH I'm so disappointed.

Bitch.

Thanks for the avatar change by the way!

post #12 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 6:41 PM

Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
Toyota Camrys and Tundras are American cars. As are Honda Accords, BMW Z4s and many other "foreign" cars.
The old "don't buy American" is played out.
They're assembled by Americans in American plants but they're built to Toyota specifications and standards. Quality control in a Toyota plant is not the same as in a Ford plant, and the workers are TOyota employees, not UAW or CAW unions. Toyota Japan keeps a tight grip on those factories and oversees everything.

And then there's this asshole...
post #13 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobiaphobe
.......and the workers are TOyota employees, not UAW or CAW unions....
Exactly. Glad someone else knows why.
Sure they are built to Toyota engineered specs, but Americans engineers are every bit as good as thier Japanese / Euro counterparts, and when given the chance to do their job and have someone build it correctly the point is proven.
If an American company could have an assembly plant like that of the Tundra, Camry or Accord the cars would meet or exceed the quality of previously mentioned cars.
Problem is, they are being held by the balls by some certain alphabet-soup mobs.
post #14 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 8:52 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

american sports cars always have some shittily (that a word) designed plastic thing in the interior. there's always some little things that breaks and makes noises and just becomes a general annoyance.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #15 of 60 Old 03-18-2005, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
american sports cars always have some shittily (that a word) designed plastic thing in the interior. there's always some little things that breaks and makes noises and just becomes a general annoyance.
If you want to talk noisy interiors that aren't exactly well designed, Italian sports cars are even worse, although the materials are nicer. Reliability? Hah! And that's all I have to say about that.
It's not just American sports cars.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page