CHiPs - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 03-20-2005, 3:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

CHiPs

fu(ker.....
Attached Thumbnails
chp.jpg‎  

CBR Bob
TeamPromotion Coach#29TPM
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoachRENJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 03-20-2005, 3:52 PM

Reputation Power: 27

Re: CHiPs

That pic was taken only a few seconds before a kid J hooked the guys rear wheel to the post. Then wheeled past him. Needless to say....the cop had a bad day.

Ride Red

Last edited by nedro; 03-20-2005 at 3:52 PM.
post #3 of 32 Old 03-20-2005, 3:56 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Sneaky......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 03-20-2005, 4:06 PM

All's fair in love and... radar.
post #5 of 32 Old 03-20-2005, 4:51 PM

Seriously thought isn't riding on the sidewalk illegal. I know it's not a big deal but it's this small sh#t that makes me mad. Cops are suppose to uphold the law, they aren't above it (I understand that legally at times they are). I have a co-worker that thinks it's funny how she can speed in the carpool lane while driving by herself hear in Cali. All because her hubby is a Chipper. She gets pulled over and no more than a minute later she gets let go.
post #6 of 32 Old 03-20-2005, 10:56 PM

I have seen the chippies doing that at a corner near my house, they nailed so many people, it was unbelievable. My neighbor is a city cop in a nearby town and it pissed him off too.
post #7 of 32 Old 03-21-2005, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibAdam
Seriously thought isn't riding on the sidewalk illegal. I know it's not a big deal but it's this small sh#t that makes me mad. Cops are suppose to uphold the law, they aren't above it (I understand that legally at times they are). I have a co-worker that thinks it's funny how she can speed in the carpool lane while driving by herself hear in Cali. All because her hubby is a Chipper. She gets pulled over and no more than a minute later she gets let go.
Reference your first question, about upholding the law and riding on the sidewalk and all that... in my state, emergency vehicles are totally exempt from motor vehicle code whether we're using lights/siren or not. We drive the wrong way on one-way streets, bust traffic lights and stop signs, go up over curbs and whatnot all the time during patrol and while responding to calls.

The public oftentimes get the wrong idea when they see this sort of behavior. It's our fault that we don't better educate people as to why they sometimes see what they do. Folks wouldn't mind so much if they just knew why.

The latter scenario you're talking about, however, that's plain wrong. Cops and cops' spouses shouldn't think they get a free pass in their personal vehicles just because of who they are.

Now I'm going to be brutally honest with you. Have I ever been given a break? Yep, more than once. A cop recognized me or I had to break out my ID because I had a gun in the console of my truck where my papers were, etc., but I don't go looking for special consideration. And if I give an off duty cop an occasional break, it's nothing I don't do on a regular basis for members of the public. I have a boatload of citizen contacts each month, but I don't write all that many tickets anymore.

FWIW
post #8 of 32 Old 03-21-2005, 7:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibAdam
Just so you know emergency vehicles can drive or park on the sidewalk (well at least in Arkansas). I never do it though .
post #9 of 32 Old 03-21-2005, 9:22 AM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob
fu(ker.....

Ha that's not too bad. If you're ever in Tucson, take a trip to Oro Valley. You wanna see tricky cops. Man those guys will hide behind bushes and chit. All you'd be able to see is the top of his helmet and his radar gun. I'm sure Bacchus can back me up on this one.

Dano

Dan
post #10 of 32 Old 03-21-2005, 9:42 AM

On the one hand, a guy could argue that it doesn't matter where the officer hides. Some jurisdictions have red light cameras, speeding cams too, and you don't know where they are until you get a ticket mailed to your house. So what's the difference if this guy hides behind a wall with his bike and hand held radar?

OTOH, I agree, it smacks of unfair play. If he were out in the open some, at least he'd give folks an opportunity to slow down and motorists who still went by in excess of the speed limit would have no excuse.

What serves the greater good? Writing a few citiations at that spot or putting yourself out in the open where you effect not just the handful of cars you can pull over in an hour's time, but literally everyone coming down the street.

It's the latter I'd say.

Chain

P.S. Another tough day at the office for our troops...

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/1384917.html
post #11 of 32 Old 03-21-2005, 10:01 AM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

Honestly I would much prefer them to be hidden behind something. It's so damn dangerous when they sit out in the open and every moron slams on their brakes as soon as they see them. I can't tell you how many people I've seen damn near get rear ended because some retard thinks that slamming on their brakes is the smart thing to do. It's funny to me cause they think that by the time they visually recognize that a cop is sitting on the side of the road they have time to slow down. It's too late then, if you were speeding and the cop had his gun on then you might as well just pull over. That damn laser can reach further then you can see.

Dano

Dan
post #12 of 32 Old 03-21-2005, 10:11 AM

Reputation Power: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain

OTOH, I agree, it smacks of unfair play. If he were out in the open some, at least he'd give folks an opportunity to slow down and motorists who still went by in excess of the speed limit would have no excuse.
Sorry, but I disagree. If I were to try and steal something and get caught red handed as I'm about to put it in my pocket; quickly put it back, smile and say "I was just kidding ma'am", would that make it ok?
post #13 of 32 Old 03-21-2005, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD
Sorry, but I disagree. If I were to try and steal something and get caught red handed as I'm about to put it in my pocket; quickly put it back, smile and say "I was just kidding ma'am", would that make it ok?
No, of course not.

I didn't say it was unfair per se. I only meant to suggest alot of citizens sort of view it that way.

But again, I think the greater good is served in being more visible. If someone still comes bombing past you at 15 or 20 over the limit, they deserve the ticket.
post #14 of 32 Old 03-21-2005, 10:24 AM

Reputation Power: 25

Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot

That officer probably had to meet his Quota... (All of us have them you know) And being in the open, it would be too hard....
Chris

Last edited by NinerPilot; 03-21-2005 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Added more sarcasm....
post #15 of 32 Old 03-21-2005, 10:26 AM

Quotas are illegal where I come from.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page