New pistol update. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-21-2005, 9:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ
New pistol update.

Well I finally got to get to the range with the new Smith 1911Sc. I had never shot a commander sized 1911 before and didn't quite know what to expect. I figured since it weighs 10 ounces less then my full size, the recoil and muzzle flip would have been significantly more. I was wrong. This thing is a breeze to shoot even with full charge 230's. Much more controlable then I thought it would be. From holster it comes on target almost too fast and I had to actually slow my draw down to get it pointed faster. Accuracy is fairly good, I managed a best of 5 rounds around 3" at about 25yrds. This was done stronghand supported. I then went to the bench rest to see what it could do without my inputs messing things up. At 25yrds I put all 8 rounds well within 3". Not too shabby. On Saturday I fired 100 rounds of Fiocchi 230 FMJ and didn't have any issues. Didn't do any rapid fire stuff on Saturday, just normal range shooting. On Sunday my goal was to fire as many types of ammo as I could get my hands on. I fired Remington, Winchester WB, American Eagle, Speer, CorBon, Winshester SXT, and a few others. I put around 400 rounds through it yesterday and never had an issue. I practiced as I usually do, from the draw in rapid fire drills. I fired both strong and weak handed, as well as supported an unsupported. No issues. So I'm now about halfway through what I call my concealed carry qualification. As a rule I won't carry a gun unless it get 1000 rounds down the barrel with no issues. Pistol related of course. The one thing that others said when I let them shoot it was how easy it was to control and the lack of muzzle flip for a commander sized gun. I did find one small thing I don't like and it's the fact that the main spring housing is checkered at 20lpi and it has rubbed my hand raw at the base of my palm. Think I'll get a new one with 25 or 30lpi. So far I am very pleased with it and am eagerly awaiting more range time.

Dano

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-21-2005, 11:54 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: New pistol update.

damn man!

You just NOW got to go shoot it!? What neglect!!!!

Glad ya like it. Not to thread jack, but I just got a 6" barrel and a match weight for my HK USPf .45...

I can't wait to shoot it with it on there!

Piss poor pictures attached...
Attached Thumbnails
03-16-05_2040.jpg‎   03-16-05_2041.jpg‎  
post #3 of 5 Old 03-21-2005, 12:14 PM

400 rounds and 20 LPI in a commander sized gun. Man, your hands are tougher than mine!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-21-2005, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

cc: Yep been so busy with work and riding the CRF I just haven't had the time to shoot it. I did feel bad for it, sitting in the safe waiting to shoot, but I fixed that issue . Man those 6" barrels and that weight makes that USP look tough as hell. Not that they didn't look that way before, but more so now. A shop here in town just started to stock Hk's, so I may just get a sudden itch for another polymer gun. I'll tell my girlfrined it's for her .

LTL:Believe me, my right palm is none to happy with this weekends events. I "tried" to go for a rid on the 954 last night and it hurt too much.

Dano

Dan
post #5 of 5 Old 03-27-2005, 11:48 PM

Agree your hands are in better shape then mine, but I think I can use the excuse of age for I will be 75 yrs of age in July & still shooting twice a week every week of the year.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page