today - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 2:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

today

i am driving down the interstate and traffic is just stupid. i was in the #1 lane on behind about 3 cars which were all behind an 18 wheeler. well the truck decides he is going to drag race at 60 mph with the other 18wheeler in the right lane. The speed limit is 70 BTW. so after about 8 miles of this the one truck gets over. the cars pass the 2 trucks and 2 cars get over in the right lane, where the car in front of me decides to drag race at 65 with the lead car in the right lane. by this time i am getting a little pissed off but i know that the area coming up dumps into 4 lanes of southbound interstate so I am cool. well the car in front of me decides to speed up and pass the right hand car SWEET, my opening. I right blink get over, clear the car in the left lane and then get over so the merging traffic from the other interstate can come over. i get on the gas to get a little seperation (about 90mph worth of gas, which in the L is a quick tap of the gas)

so I am crusining along at 75 now in the #1 lane, the speed limit reduced to 65 and heading on to the customer site. i see a police car in my rear view closing fast, so i slow down and get over so he can take care of his business. well I turn out to be his business I realize this when I get over one lane, then another and he is right there. I pull over to the shoulder about the time he hits the blues. stop the L and put my hands on the steering wheel.

after running my tag and receiveing the report, he approaches and is kinda laughing, "sir I stopped you for weaving and speeding, why are you in such a hurry?" i start to expalin and can not believe how korny it starts to sound, so I say i know you hear this all the time .. and tell him the whole thing about the trucks and cars and how they were driving like asses. he smiles and says " may I have your license please?" sure officer, I say. it is in my back pocket and my registration/insurance is in the glove compartment, may i get it? "sure" he says with his hand on his pistola. i hand them all to him and he says he will return shortly. after sitting there for what seemed like forever (about 3 minutes I guess) he returns with my license and stuff and says that he doesn't feel like writing TWO tickets today and to have a nice day. I thank him like i have never thanked anybody and then ask him 2??? he says yes, for speeding and for weaving. dayum that would have HURT. i also then ask where he was, he said 2 cars behind me the whole way (through the trucks and cars above) which was behind an SUV that i could not see behind.

I thank him once again, put my left blinker on and hammer it going back on the interstate to mesh with the flow. he speeds past me smiling.

I think i just used my luck up for a bit.

now, my V1 NEVER even flashed, beeped, moaned or farted while he was there. so once i sped away and then slowed back down how could he have gotten me for speeding? is there something that says you can be pulled over for speeding without having a number. I know my cop friend says they have to be able to guesstamate a speed within 5mph, but a rollon from 65-90 in a second or two would have been hard to guesstamate, dont ya think?

anyway - i am happy cause i have no ticket. thank goodness i did not take the bike like i was ready to. i would surely have been UNDER the jail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 2:57 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Re: today

He paced ya.

There are some who call me ............................Tim
post #3 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 3:00 PM Thread Starter

umm, no way. if he was 2 vehicles behind me and i jetted from 65 - 90 and then back down to 70 before he even appeared there is no way that could have happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 3:05 PM

Vascar?
post #5 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 3:10 PM

I'm guessing he had no proof, but he pulled you over just to give you a reality check. He could have got you on the weaving, but since you didn't give him any lip, he let you slide.
post #6 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 3:15 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

he was doing near the speed limit, you clearly went way over it. is there a box on your tickets that says "estimate"? I know on the tickets they use up here there is.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #7 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 3:52 PM

So the moral of the story is that had you just been patient and waited for the 4-lane opening, instead of driving like an ass, you'd have gotten to your destination sooner.
post #8 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 3:57 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to EDDIE110171

Regardless, you got lucky.

"another beautiful theory beaten to death by a gang of ruthless facts..."
- Tom Hanna (Master Metalshaper/Nitrogeezer)
post #9 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 4:18 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuss929
He paced ya.
He knew you were over the limit...good enough reason to pull you over. He probably figured he could nail you for weaving if he wanted to...it's all his word against yours.

On the other hand...maybe he just doesn't like Fords!

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #10 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 4:26 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
So the moral of the story is that had you just been patient and waited for the 4-lane opening, instead of driving like an ass, you'd have gotten to your destination sooner.
That about sums it up!!

Look, lean, believe!!
post #11 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 5:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete

yeah that is true. i was not late and actually had to wait when i got there, so no biggie.

i would have been in the same situation if i would have waited and the 4 ane was the same. i saw an opening and took it, i guess something riding a bike has taught me, or maybe it was living in nj for 4 years
post #12 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 5:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
he was doing near the speed limit, you clearly went way over it. is there a box on your tickets that says "estimate"? I know on the tickets they use up here there is.

that is what i was thinking, i do not know for sure i have not gotten a ticket since i was 16 and that was in VA
post #13 of 13 Old 04-13-2005, 5:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE110171
Regardless, you got lucky.

i know, and i did not break 5 over the rest of the way there or home. all i kept thinking was DAYUM there goes the insurance

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page