Get little boys started while they are young - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 08-03-2003, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Re: Get little boys started while they are young

I have had the pleasure of watching my God Son for 5 days at my house. He is 18 Month and the things that make him happy are riding my lawn tractor.... he says every day about 20 times... 'actor uncle mike'..... 'uice, uice' (means juice)..... and 'otorcycle' (I think it sounds something like that.... )

Lover of all small woodland creatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-03-2003, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 46

He can't quite hold himself up yet, but Brandon likes it up there. Four months old isn't too young, right?
post #3 of 11 Old 08-03-2003, 11:50 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Looks like someone needs a pocketbike or JR50!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-04-2003, 12:09 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Hell yeah! The next Nicky Hayden. If I ever have kids, I'm putting them on a bike as soon as they can walk. I always wonder how much better of a rider I would be if my parents had allowed me to have a bike as a kid. Oh, well, trying to make up for it now.

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '05!
'01 CBR929RR Y/B, '02 Honda XR50 Death Machine
But officer, it's only a 4 cylinder!
post #5 of 11 Old 08-04-2003, 8:46 AM

Reputation Power: 31

I agree! If they are interested, the younger the better. All I have to add is to get the little girls started when they are young, too, if they have interest. I'm not a believer in parents forcing a kid to excel at any sport that the kid has no interest in.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-04-2003, 9:38 AM Thread Starter

HGT..... I agree 100%....

My dad made it up to double A ball (baseball). He forced that sport down my throat, started playing T-ball practically as a fetus and on and on. I played up to Pony League (13-14 year olds here in Illinois). Was asked to play for Joliet Catholic for Football and Holy Cross for Baseball and I quit baseball, because my dad wanted me to play catcher and I hated it. Went to a public school instead, played football and did Music and Theatre.

My dad was none too pleased at first, but became cool.

I rode motorcycles since 13, (dirt bike) without my dads approval....... he hates them with a passion.

I hide the fact that I had a motorcycle in college, parents were helping with some of the tuition and my dad threatened me.

Graduated college and the first thing I did when I got my first job was walk in to the Kawasaki Dealership, that my dad's friend owned and bought a ZX-6E

LOL

post #7 of 11 Old 08-04-2003, 10:24 AM

Reputation Power: 31

Heehee, good story, DEPO. I grabbed occasional rides on a neighbor's home made minibike when I was 10. My Dad was cool about it, even gave the kid some gas money. I couldn't get one when I was a kid, though, mostly because there was no place to ride a dirtbike and they couldn't afford it. I, too, waited till I was out of college and had some loans paid off. Got my first bike when I was 26. Mom hated them, but was cool with me having one as she understood how much I loved it. Dad had ridden Harleys waayy back. When his friends would see the bike in the garage they'd ask my Dad if they belonged to his son. He would very proudly state 'no, that is my DAUGHTER'S bike!' I even took him for a ride on the back, pre-sportbike days. He didn't get on sportbikes! Can't blame him.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-04-2003, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

The cool thing was my mom was in to them.....

post #9 of 11 Old 08-04-2003, 10:33 AM

Reputation Power: 27

I think it is great too getting them started young, rode a friends Z-50 for awhile then Dad showed up with a XR-75, damn! Had a yamying for awhile but that was all buggered up. Then had a divorce, bought a Magna 700 put about 5k on that in 6 months, GF and I go to buy riding clothes and come home with a 02 954... Best thing I have ever done, getting back on, the bike that is....
post #10 of 11 Old 08-04-2003, 5:51 PM

Reputation Power: 20

I agree with you HGT...both my wife and I ride...and so will our daughter...obviously at first it will be very basic...like balance and stuff...and if she likes it and wants to take it further, I would more than encourage it...but by no means try and force it down her throat...if she does not enjoy it, there is no point!!!

1998 CBR900RR - Red - SOLD!!!
2002 CBR954RR - Silver SOLD !!!
2002 CBR954RR - Black SOLD !!!
2005 CR125
2013 BMW HP4 !!! Wow!!!
post #11 of 11 Old 08-04-2003, 6:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 46

Yeah, we got our 8 year old daughter (my step-daughter) an XR 70 last Christmas. She was doing O.K. with it, still riding kinda gingerly. Her dad said he'd rather she was on a four wheeler, and offered to pay half the difference if we traded it in. So, now she's got a Polaris Predator 90. She absolutely loves that thing. She rips around on it, and is starting to jump it. She even watched me wheelie it and now wants to do that. Hindsight shows that we should have gotten it to start with as it has been easier for her to get used to. A couple more years on it, and she will be wanting a bike. My friend is a pocketbike dealer, and he has a couple demos that we ride all the time. She likes them but is too nervous to ride one just yet. Oh yes, we will have two little riders.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page