Beretta Cougar Anyone? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-05-2005, 8:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Beretta Cougar Anyone?

My experience with handguns is pretty limited, though I'm pretty proficient with rifles and shotguns. Anywho, I recently had the opportunity to fire my buddy's 96 FS and it was saweeeet! I really like the way the berettas fit my hand. So now I've been looking at their cougar line particularly the 8040. Anyone have one of these that can give me a rundown of the high's and low's on this gun? Much appreciated guys and gals.

Last edited by SemperSquidly; 05-05-2005 at 8:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-05-2005, 9:16 PM
SPY

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via AIM to SPY Send a message via MSN to SPY Send a message via Yahoo to SPY
Re: Beretta Cougar Anyone?

there are no lows to that gun my friend it is the best handgun ever made (next to the 1911 of course)

I own one and its great!! Mine happens to be the 8045 model but either way the gun is magnificent.

here are some pics

if you have any questions let me know i would be more than happy to try to help!

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00973.JPG‎   DSC00974.JPG‎   DSC00972.JPG‎   DSC00976.JPG‎  

DSC00977.JPG‎  
post #3 of 7 Old 05-06-2005, 9:40 AM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

Do I see CCI Blazer ammo in that .45 Greg?

I've personally never shot a Beretta(pistol). I was under the impression that they have discontinued the Cougar series. Which according to some was a stupid call. Beretta has been around a long time and I have many ex-military guys that swear up and down that a Beretta is the greatest gun ever made.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-06-2005, 10:47 AM

personally, I don't like them. The raleigh PD uses them and not many of them like them either. I like the 92 series of pistols okay and I really like their shotguns...

Whats the cost on this badboy? Just wondering what the going rate is for one...
post #5 of 7 Old 05-06-2005, 11:33 AM
SPY

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via AIM to SPY Send a message via MSN to SPY Send a message via Yahoo to SPY

Yes it is CCI Blazer Reap!

and I paid about $700.00 for it when they first came out..... now you could probably get one brand new for maybe $500.00

I dont know I really like the Berrettas always have my buddy had a .45 Glock and i hated it and i have had a couple Taurus 9 mms they were ok but i have been shooting berrettas for years now and they are just outstanding firearms!

Last edited by SPY; 05-06-2005 at 11:33 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-06-2005, 2:08 PM Thread Starter

Nice pics SPY, that gun is damn sexy! CCWILLI, what in particular do you not like about the cougars? Or what have you heard others say that didn't sit well with you? I've also had the opportunity to shoot a glock 23 and 27, and while I liked the 23( 27 seemed impossible to control, probably my lack of skill to blame), it just doesn't fit my hand like a beretta. I've heard that when choosing a pistol you should go with what fits your hand the best. Thanks for the replies guys.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-06-2005, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperSquidly
CCWILLI, what in particular do you not like about the cougars? Or what have you heard others say that didn't sit well with you? I've also had the opportunity to shoot a glock 23 and 27, and while I liked the 23( 27 seemed impossible to control, probably my lack of skill to blame), it just doesn't fit my hand like a beretta. I've heard that when choosing a pistol you should go with what fits your hand the best. Thanks for the replies guys.
The ergos of the couger irritate me. The cops that I have shot with all prefer sigs or glocks and carry those off duty, but on duty they have to carry the cougar. I like sigs and HKs (prefer HKs overall). Bottom line, go with the gun that you can shoot the best and most comfortable. Have you shot this gun in the caliber you want? I'd highly recommend you do that always before buying.

Since you are in the "buying" stage, you owe it to yourself to try everything. Check out a P220 Sig or a USP or USP compact from HK. Lots of other good stuff out there. If you come back to the cougar and decide thats the best for you, then you will at least know you saw what else was out there...

Good luck man!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page