woodworking questions - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-15-2005, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue
woodworking questions

First what I am doing:
I am trying to make a stand that will have a Pit Bull wheel chock mounted on it and ties onto e track. I have a 1"x12" of Red Oak that will be cut to 14" long, I will route the front with a rounded edge (to reduce chipping from driving the tire up). Underneath running lengthwise on both edges will be 1x2's of Red Oak also. On the ends I plan on mounting a metal tongue that has a etrack fitting welded on it. The tongue will stick out about 1" and run on the bottom of the 1x12. I am figure 2-3" inches will be mounted to the board with drilled holes that go through the board. Also I think I will be routing out a notch for it to set in (look better and get proper height)

Now the questions:
1) This should be strong enough to hold the front wheel of the RR or RC?
2) On the tongue mount would it be better to put the bolts in a triangle pattern or inline for strength and to avoid splitting?
3) Do I need more metal to wood mounting for strength?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and I plan on putting it up on the site to share with others if this works

Must obey the sheep dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-15-2005, 4:07 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Re: woodworking questions

can you at least draw a pic and take a pic of it and post it. it's a little hard to get at what you're doing, exactly....

(actually....i'm asking, so i can take your design, sell it and make meeeee-llions! MWWWAAAAAAAA HHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!)

"Wake me when the winter's over......"
post #3 of 7 Old 05-15-2005, 6:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor
can you at least draw a pic and take a pic of it and post it. it's a little hard to get at what you're doing, exactly....

(actually....i'm asking, so i can take your design, sell it and make meeeee-llions! MWWWAAAAAAAA HHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I plan on taking lots of photos and posting directions on the org if things go as expected so no theft necessary

Must obey the sheep dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-15-2005, 8:46 PM

Reputation Power: 31

Please, save yourself a lot of time and go to the website of Performance Trailers Once there, click on "motorcycle", then when that page displays, click on motorcyclewheelchocks.com Then, on the left side of the page, click on motorcycle chock. On that page, you'll see a thing called a mounting bracket for $20. Call the place and ask for Glen or Wayne and they'll ship you one, two, or however many you want. Your PitBull chock will screw onto this mounting plate, which then clips into horizontally mounted e-track. Glen patented this mounting plate and it works wonderfully. We have three long pieces of e-track mounted vertically in the trailer (running from front to back), one on each side, and one down the middle. Then we have 2 shorter pieces mounted horizontally (running side to side, perpendicular to the other track, in between it). These are the pieces the wheel chock mounting plate clips into.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-15-2005, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo
Please, save yourself a lot of time and go to the website of Performance Trailers Once there, click on "motorcycle", then when that page displays, click on motorcyclewheelchocks.com Then, on the left side of the page, click on motorcycle chock. On that page, you'll see a thing called a mounting bracket for $20. Call the place and ask for Glen or Wayne and they'll ship you one, two, or however many you want. Your PitBull chock will screw onto this mounting plate, which then clips into horizontally mounted e-track. Glen patented this mounting plate and it works wonderfully. We have three long pieces of e-track mounted vertically in the trailer (running from front to back), one on each side, and one down the middle. Then we have 2 shorter pieces mounted horizontally (running side to side, perpendicular to the other track, in between it). These are the pieces the wheel chock mounting plate clips into.
I want it to mount vertical and contacted the site you list. He indicated he made them that way also but was headed to a trade show and would be in touch. I never heard back from them and tried again to contact them with no success. Not sure the disconect but I would rather make my own than beg someone to take my money

Must obey the sheep dog
post #6 of 7 Old 05-15-2005, 11:28 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Ovines can be soooo stubborn!
post #7 of 7 Old 05-16-2005, 5:05 AM

Reputation Power: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue
I want it to mount vertical and contacted the site you list. He indicated he made them that way also but was headed to a trade show and would be in touch. I never heard back from them and tried again to contact them with no success. Not sure the disconect but I would rather make my own than beg someone to take my money

Haha, you do have to badger them, I've been dealing with them for years. Good guys, though. He does make a vertical one, too. If you want to get these, just keep calling them. I know it's a pain, but that just seems to be the way they are. Otherwise, if you'd rather make you own, go for it. I personally would not want to take my time to do it, when there is already a product available, but that's just me. With large washers, it'll probably hold fine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page