I Just Ordered Me One of These - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 05-20-2005, 2:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

I Just Ordered Me One of These

Panasonic PV-GS250
I'm hoping I get it before next week's Doctor's appointment. My wife is going in for her ultra sound and I wantto record it. I do have a question though. If anyone is farmiliar with this model, can you tell me if this thing will give me crisp vid for motorcycle racing. The only thing I'm worried about is the since it uses 3 CCDs, each CCD is smaller than if they were using 1 CCD. Thus it is not the most perfict camera for low light. I'm worried that if I go manual on the shuuter speed, the recording will be dark. Or if I use automatic shutter speed, it won't be fast enough to take crisp recordings.

BTW yes, my wife is going to have our first child in November. And yes, I'm very happy...But scared out of my wits.

Ride Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-20-2005, 2:18 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: I Just Ordered Me One of These

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro
Panasonic PV-GS250
I'm hoping I get it before next week's Doctor's appointment. My wife is going in for her ultra sound and I wantto record it. I do have a question though. If anyone is farmiliar with this model, can you tell me if this thing will give me crisp vid for motorcycle racing. The only thing I'm worried about is the since it uses 3 CCDs, each CCD is smaller than if they were using 1 CCD. Thus it is not the most perfict camera for low light. I'm worried that if I go manual on the shuuter speed, the recording will be dark. Or if I use automatic shutter speed, it won't be fast enough to take crisp recordings.

BTW yes, my wife is going to have our first child in November. And yes, I'm very happy...But scared out of my wits.
I have no idea about the camera question. But congrats on the baby on the way. Don't be scared. It will be a blast. Trust me. I have four children right now. Ages 8 to 5 months. It is a blast. I love them to death. You can't imagine how much of a smile they bring to you each and every day.

Once again, congrats.....
post #3 of 9 Old 05-20-2005, 2:22 PM

Nicer cameras like that one should have a manaully controllable proc amp (video gain). It takes a little more effort but usually results in a way better picture for various lighting situations. Also, each CCD maybe smaller but there are three of them, so at least there'll be a lot more color information in the signal which always helps picture quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-20-2005, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro
My sincerest congratulations, Nedro, that's EXCELLENT! Being scared is normal, but I'm sure you'll make a great dad!!!

post #5 of 9 Old 05-21-2005, 12:12 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via AIM to Aychdot Send a message via Yahoo to Aychdot

I'm assuming you just want to film your wife in the exam room. When my wife got her last ultrasound in April I found out afterwards that I could have had the ultrasound itself on videotape. Too late for me now.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Congrats Nedro! I don't know diddly about cameras, but I know lots about kids! Don't worry, mine scared the hell out of me, too...and I've loved every minute of it. What was really scary was their mother during labor!

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #7 of 9 Old 05-23-2005, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 27

Supperconductor, I tried calling Panasonic to ask them how it would do on fast action filming but the guy on the other end knew a little less than your average telemarketer. He read straight off a spec sheet I already had.
Oh, and thanks for the kind words everyone.

Ride Red
post #8 of 9 Old 05-23-2005, 3:29 PM

Nedro,

On page 40 of the manual (http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...eCenter=true#), they show you how to increase the shutter speed manually. This should help for fast action sequences.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-25-2005, 4:13 PM
TAZ

Reputation Power: 20

Send a message via AIM to TAZ Send a message via MSN to TAZ

nedro,
It's got a good lens with a reasonably large aperture, so it should do okay in lower light. If you're close enough (like within 10 feet), an external video light would help in low-light situations.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page