Danica Patrick - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Danica Patrick

She's fast AND she's hot! (possible NWS)

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Last edited by Red Rider; 05-30-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Re: Danica Patrick

Not bad seeing she's on four wheels!!

May be NWS for some?

Look, lean, believe!!
post #3 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 11:57 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I was really rootin' for her yesterday. If her career wasn't already hot before the race, she's a freaking millionaire with all the post-race endorsements she's sure to land.

IMO, she's hot because she's so fast at such a young age. That she's physically attractive as well is the icing on the cake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain
I was really rootin' for her yesterday. If her career wasn't already hot before the race, she's a freaking millionaire with all the post-race endorsements she's sure to land.

IMO, she's hot because she's so fast at such a young age. That she's physically attractive as well is the icing on the cake.

the wordy one saved me some typing. Yeah what he said.. Hot and drives well too.
post #5 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 1:16 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

I think she's actually hotter when she's not trying to look hot, like right when she got out of the car and took her helmet off and when she was doing post race interviews wearing regular clothes like a t-shirt.

As far as the race she certainly drove well enough to win but had those few incidents that held her back. She stalled and dropped 12 places then came back then spun. And in the end needed just a bit more fuel to get the win. That's amazing not just for a woman but for a rookie.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #6 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 1:18 PM
DUX

Reputation Power: 21

It's going to be cool to see what she accomplishes in the near future.

Oh yeah...
post #7 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 1:23 PM

Did y'all hear what washed up Robbie Gordon had to say? He said she's only fast because of her unfair advantage. Yeah, the fact that she's so light is why she does so well. Not the fact that she could kick Gordon's ass blindfolded in reverse on talent and ability alone.
That washed up hack should have never left off road racing.
post #8 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 1:33 PM

She's hot, but she also seems "real." And she put on a good show in the 500; she had a legitimate shot at the win, even with a couple of mistakes. To say her future looks bright is an understatement.

Robby Gordon...
post #9 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 1:51 PM

Danica Patrick

I feel bad for the two drivers she took out when she pulled a rookie move. I didn't hear her say anything about ruining their day. Even NASCRAP drivers assume responsibility for boneheadedness. Anyone know who her sponsors are? U'd swear she had a rider in her contract that allowed her to never have to mention who puts that car underneath her and she never has to wear a sponsors hat. I know shes not perfect but she just comes off as a conceited biatch in all the interviews. Maybe I'm just not a leghumper like the rest of the folks here.
More than 1 driver was sick of hearing about her by the time the flag dropped. Maybe next year they'll just rename the race to the Danica 500? Even the other past women drivers were all over her for whoring herself out to magazines. The poor girl will never be able to please everyone.
post #10 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 2:50 PM

Oh, my.. Jami's claiming a woman at the top level of motorsports is undeserving of her position. What a surprise. Yeah, she's no Roberto Guerrero, that's for sure. Or even a Howdy Holmes...
post #11 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 2:59 PM

Gotta agree with Chain here. She is a great driver - doing exceptionally well for a rookie. And certainly not hard on the eyes, either!
post #12 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 3:55 PM
DUX

Reputation Power: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMI6989
I know shes not perfect but she just comes off as a conceited biatch in all the interviews. Maybe I'm just not a leghumper like the rest of the folks here.

More than 1 driver was sick of hearing about her by the time the flag dropped. Maybe next year they'll just rename the race to the Danica 500? Even the other past women drivers were all over her for whoring herself out to magazines. The poor girl will never be able to please everyone.

Personally, I thought she was pretty humble at the end of the race yesterday. When asked about how she did, the first thing out of her mouth was that she had pulled some rookie mistakes. She also mentioned more than once how much her team played a part in finishing so high.

The media did give her a TON of attention, but did anyone really expect anything different? I got tired of it too, and felt bad for the Andretti team who should have been the focus at the end of the race.

At least she's got the talent to back it up, unlike Anna Kournikova who did the same type of stuff and is highly overrated IMO.
post #13 of 30 Old 05-30-2005, 9:19 PM

Quote:
At least she's got the talent to back it up, unlike Anna Kournikova who did the same type of stuff and is highly overrated IMO.

Exactly.

At least this hottie is competitive.
post #14 of 30 Old 05-31-2005, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRVFR
Oh, my.. Jami's claiming a woman at the top level of motorsports is undeserving of her position.
"Oh my", she's NOT at the top level! F1 is the top level of motorsports. They wouldn't even let her change a tire in that league. When the IndyCars split into two leagues, it was over anyway. Now you have Mike Smith from backwoods, WV racing against Joe Johnson from middleofnowhere, Iowa. I wish it was the days of real drivers like Emerson Fittipaldi, Rick Mears, Andrettis, Unsers, Paul Tracy, Nigel Mansell, Jacque Villeneuve again. She is CERTAINLY @ the top of one of the US leagues that presently exists, but the leghumpers were definitely out the past 3 weeks. 4th place wasn't too bad considering there was only 16 cars running when the race ended and ONLY 9 were on the lead lap. She can even take credit for knocking a few of those cars outta the race.

CBRVFR, How's your Superbike girl doing? Have you given up on that marketing flop or are you still waving that leghumper flag too? She's the Greg Norman of AMA, right?

Last edited by JAMI6989; 05-31-2005 at 10:35 AM.
post #15 of 30 Old 05-31-2005, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Noyz

Exactly.

At least this hottie is competitive.
I probably should make this a poll but.... Do you think that the coverage Danica is getting is good or bad for women in motorsport? With the reports we have had here I know who came 4th in this race, but have no idea who won - and this is kinda screwy (although same thing happens when an Australian places like 5th in an international event - we hear more of them than the winners). Like its good that achievements of women arent forgotten, but does overhyping a good but ultimately ONLY good (as opposed to winning or at least a podium) actually hurt women? Wheres the reports on the person who came third, or second, or 5th....
I think Kournikova was ultimately a negative for womens tennis - basically it doesnt matter how good you are at the game, its how good you look.
A related issue happened here with a junior female surfer who is currently doing well in comps. She was interviewed and while coming across as really professional and mature for her age, she said her goal was to become the world's best FEMALE surfer. At that point I thought - why is she trying to limit herself like that. Ask any guy in a similar situation and he'd be aiming to become the #1 in his sport - forget about limiting himself to gender. Maybe we need some more of that. Treat people the same and neither over or under promote them based on gender. God knows motorsport is one place where at least the physical attributes of women should not be a disadvantage - and people like Rachelle Splatt occasionally turn up to prove this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page